15+ Year Old Account
    After a few months of waiting, my extra RAM finally arrives... Also got me a new windowed side panel for my Arc Midi. So sleek now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    After a few months of waiting, my extra RAM finally arrives... Also got me a new windowed side panel for my Arc Midi. So sleek now.
    I was looking to buy ram, before I saw the prices xD...Upwards of $180 for 16 gigs.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2014-10-25 at 02:46 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm so glad NZ prices are finally getting reasonable...

http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/comp...p?partid=23097

(not)

Apparently $1 USD = $1.27 NZD. I call bullshit -_-
    Just snag one from amazon, ~180$, Fedex to NZ ~50$ if you use shipito. Comes in under the 60$NZ tax threshold so you pay nothing. Et voila, landing strip on your desk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I was looking to buy ram, before I saw the prices xD...Upwards of $180 for 16 gigs.
    Yeah, managed to find this 16gb 1600Mhz hyperx beast kit for about $150 which was pretty sweet. It was out of stock though so it took months to deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Yep, its made for inux isnt it.
    It's actually very appealing, but I'll be "fine" with my 3 DisplayPorts for now. ^^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Well lookie here. About to test this bad boy with Ryse: Son of Rome since I've heard it's super graphically-intense.

Edit: Runs great, maxed out settings and not a stutter. As for the game, it's cool but I'm not a big fan of the combat. Getting anywhere from 70-90fps. Also added another 2 HDDs, suspecting that my 3tb is acting up again.

Last edited by Evil Inside; 2014-10-30 at 11:27 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Went and bought a Sony Xperia z3 Compact (off-contract/up-front depending on where you live :P).
    It's neat. I realised back when I had the Z2 that full-size phones these days are not my cup-of-tea at all, and I much prefer a 4.2-4.7" size. This is smaller than the Nexus 4, which I consider a great size.
    It also has a premium feeling glass back panel, just like the Nexus 4, so I already feel at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.dustinhome.se/product/50...-tft-led-black

What do you people think about this thing? Its a 40" VA 4k panel with the pixel density of a 27" 1440p, its tempting but already have 2 monitors : I Will wait for a review before doing anything but still, a VA panel at 40" with 109 ppi, do want.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-31 at 01:56 PM.

With the death of plasma, I consider all TVs "meh whatever" and that none are really good, some are just less worse. : P
    Do you want to use it as a TV or as a monitor? It also doesn't look like it's a SmartTV, which is great.
    The speccs does look nice.

And if you are one, make sure to tell Dustin you are a student.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    With the death of plasma, I consider all TVs "meh whatever" and that none are really good, some are just less worse. : P
    Do you want to use it as a TV or as a monitor? It also doesn't look like it's a SmartTV, which is great.
    The speccs does look nice.

And if you are one, make sure to tell Dustin you are a student.
    That's not a TV, its an actual 40 inch computer monitor with a VA panel at 109 ppi, which is pretty much how id use it as a work station.

Would give a lot of working space on the same monitor without sacrificing sharpness.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-31 at 03:03 PM.

So it is.
    Ignore me, then.
    Not personally a fan of the idea, but it is not for me. But I do approve that they've started using the best panel type again.

Ugh. So my GTX 970 finally arrived (placed my order Oct 8th, got it Oct 30th), but the cord that connects the PSU to the graphics card doesn't fit, so I've got to run to a store ~40 mins away to get it. I want my immediate gratification now!

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Ugh. So my GTX 970 finally arrived (placed my order Oct 8th, got it Oct 30th), but the cord that connects the PSU to the graphics card doesn't fit, so I've got to run to a store ~40 mins away to get it. I want my immediate gratification now!
    Say what?

Say what?
    Or something. I had a family member do it for me (I'm totally ignorant of hardware, as you can tell), and there was a cable, or something, that didn't fit. I don't know what it was, only that it doesn't fit! :X

Or something. I had a family member do it for me (I'm totally ignorant of hardware, as you can tell), and there was a cable, or something, that didn't fit. I don't know what it was, only that it doesn't fit! :X
    Do you know what Power Supply Unit you have?

Do you know what Power Supply Unit you have?
    Pretty sure it's ''Thermaltake Toughpower''; definitely positive it's a Thermaltake, and it's 775watt.

Edit: I think Pretty sure it's this.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2014-10-31 at 08:21 PM.

Pretty sure it's ''Thermaltake Toughpower''; definitely positive it's a Thermaltake, and it's 775watt.

Edit: I think Pretty sure it's this.
    It has all the connectors, he probably used the wrong ones.

It has all the connectors, he probably used the wrong ones.
    Well, there were two issues: one, the connection to the graphics card had eight ''openings'', and the cable had only six. The other, the cable wouldn't fit into the PSU -- there were some 'square' and 'circle' that weren't aligning, so I don't think we had the right cable to make it work.

Hopefully my laymen's terms makes sense to you. :P

Edit: I think I misunderstood. You're saying that the cable that would work is there, but he didn't see it, and was using the wrong one? Hmm...

Deleted
    The psu specs say it has 2x6pin and 2x 6+2pin pcie connectors. You got more than whats needed depended on brand and model. Ie pny needs 2x6pins, Asus strix 1 x 6+2pin, gigabyte 1x 6pin and 1 6+2pin etc

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The psu specs say it has 2x6pin and 2x 6+2pin pcie connectors. You got more than whats needed depended on brand and model. Ie pny needs 2x6pins, Asus strix 1 x 6+2pin, gigabyte 1x 6pin and 1 6+2pin etc
    Huh. I have the Asus Strix, so I guess I'll just look harder, I guess.