Deleted

Heroic Ultraxion (Hour of Twilight take it by Elemental)

Question...Until the nerf if an elemental had 3 points "Elemental wording", 2 points in "Ancestral resolve" and "Stoneclaw totem" glyphed can he take "Hour of Twilight" from Ultraxion heroic without die? 10 man heroic raid.

If that metters...raid members: 2 Paladin (tank and healer) , 2 shamans , 1 worlock, 1 deathnight , 1 mage (arcane), 1 druid (healer), 1 worior, 1 rouge. Item leval more then 394.

We kill it until nerf but my elemental didn't "tank" any Hour of Twilight.

Do you think after the nerf with 5% can I tank without problem "Hour of Twilight"?

Thanks in advance!

wont work - even with glyphed elemental mastery

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah it's too much damage for a shaman, next expansion however we'll finnaly get a defensive CD :-)

with glyphed elemental mastery you will take approximately 180500 damage (before stoneclawabsorb)

You can do it, ask a Hand of Sacrifice from one of the holy pala, and a div light (you will get a small shield from illum), and there is chance you can survive it. Our dics priest can survive it with bubi and HOS.

Both tanks should take it.. then you need 4 or 5 more depending on classes.
    The rogue can cloak it.
    Mage can iceblock.
    Paladin can bubble.
    DK can use AMS.
    Warrior can use shieldwall.
    Warlock can Soulburn:Healthstone with help of external cooldowns like hand of sacrifice.
    Druid can go bearform and use frenzied regen and barkskin with help of external cooldowns like raidwall.

Basicly everyone except the shamans can help soak it.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Both tanks should take it.. then you need 4 or 5 more depending on classes.
    The rogue can cloak it.
    Mage can iceblock.
    Paladin can bubble.
    DK can use AMS.
    Warrior can use shieldwall.
    Warlock can Soulburn:Healthstone with help of external cooldowns like hand of sacrifice.
    Druid can go bearform and use frenzied regen and barkskin with help of external cooldowns like raidwall.

Basicly everyone except the shamans can help soak it.
    AMS alone won't work

AMS + something else and you'll be fine. Our DK tank takes it every time his (heroic-only) debuff falls off and his health doesn't drop significantly. A nice big Blood Shield probably helps, though.

To add to the list:
    Shadow priests can take it with dispersion.
    Hunters can take it with Deterrence (short cooldown!).

As a random bit of advice, have your holydin take one of the later ones. With Divine Shield, the holydin can keep healing while bubbled, rather than being hour-stunned. It's not a lot, but every little bit counts past that five minute mark.

You've got seven hours to soak, so fourteen "soakings". The DK and rogue can take three each (first, fourth, final). That leaves eight for the rest of the raid. The Protadin can easily take two (Divine Shield, Argent Defender). Holydin and mage can be immune to one each. That leaves four. You've got two paladins for Hand of Sacrifice, so you can have that up for each of those four soakings. 300k damage per Hour (pre-nerf) minus HoS is 210k damage, so anyone who can survive that can take one. I'll leave the math of that part to you.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Basically,you can't take by yourself,I tried it...with Glyph of stoneclaw totem, Glyph of Elemental Mastery, 3 points in elemental wardening and 2 in ancestral resolve + with priest pre shielding me...at the end I've ended up with using only 3 points in elemental wardening + Glyph of elemental mastery and havinf Hand of Sacrifice on first soak and with Pain Supression on second soak... with those cd-s up you can easely survive...we have a slightly different set up than yours...having ret paladin and disco priest makes soaking a slightly different...I see you have 2x paladins so if they precast Hand of Sacrifice on you before Hour of Twilightyou should be fine if using 3 points in elemental Wardening and Glyph of Elemental Mastery, use Glyph of Stoneclaw totem just be extra safe...

Maybe your mage could go fire on that encounter becouse he can soak with Cauterize Talent...having extra soaker will make things much easier for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrmidiot View Post
    Maybe your mage could go fire on that encounter becouse he can soak with Cauterize Talent...having extra soaker will make things much easier for you...
    We tried that, but had some issues with Hour of Twilight simply killing the mage outright without Cauterize procing (using Mage Ward, so it wasn't a death from the DoT). In the end we settled for the mage taking one Hour with Ice Block and leaving the rest to others.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    My guild has an Enhance Shaman take it no problem, Stoneclaw Totem, Prot Warrior 4pt13, Shamanistic Rage. Finishes with a good 40% hp. So if he can do it, you can do it as an Elemental Shaman with Glyphed Elemental Mastery, Ancestral Resolve and 3/3 in Elemental Warding. Just get a Tank 4p bonus, and if you really need it the warrior can use Rallying Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    We tried that, but had some issues with Hour of Twilight simply killing the mage outright without Cauterize procing (using Mage Ward, so it wasn't a death from the DoT). In the end we settled for the mage taking one Hour with Ice Block and leaving the rest to others.
    Cauterize is the most reliable way to survive it imo, sure it wasn't put on CD or something before it?

Deleted
    Have your two paladins use HoS on you (or the DK) and you'll easily survive it.

i take it as an enhancment with shamanistic rage and a bubble over my head. AMZ or disc(holy?) bubble works just fine.

Deleted
    My raid leader is enhancment shaman and take it without problem, like you can see we have 2 shamans . my elemetal mastery is glyphed. Soo i will try thanks for all your answer.

My raid leader is enhancment shaman and take it without problem, like you can see we have 2 shamans . my elemetal mastery is glyphed. Soo i will try thanks for all your answer.
    And you will fail... You can't mitigate enough dmg on your own as elemental.

Deleted
    u simply cauterize the first one and block the fourth or summat like that, cauterize first due to less dmg from unstable thingy bob

Anyone was successful on their shaman to take the twilight?

[User was infracted for this post]

Do not bump inactive threads. This thread had been dead for over a month.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-03-11 at 03:31 PM.