Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Counter Strike Global offensive beta invites sent out

This morning I got an invite to the CS:GO beta so we might see some more invites rolling out soon if you've done the survey. Make sure to check your steam!

Click for bigger image.

Deleted
    Man... Everyone and their grandmother seems to be getting invites and me, hipster CS player who started playing CS back in like 2002 and even got to the czech&slovak nation's championship in 2005, got nothing... Life sucks sometimes!

Gratz to you though, I'm sure it's awesome plus the community in that beta is great too, people use voice chat randomly on pulic servers etc.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-03-10 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Feel sorry for you man. I managed to sell my guest pass for AC:Revelations + Serious sam 3 + Nation Red + Renegade ops D:

Well the game looks like absolute shit..So I don't even wanna bother with the beta. I just wanna puke on the Source engine. More 1.6 less Source and MW/BF lookalike.

Deleted
    Well good for you .

Hell I'd be willing to buy an invite into that beta if it was possible...

edit: as it turns out it actually is possible to buy a beta invite but people want over $100 for it.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-03-10 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Well good for you .

Hell I'd be willing to buy an invite into that beta if it was possible...
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...lay.php?f=1189

There's your possibility.

Deleted
    Yea I found it a few minutes ago too... But frankly in my country $100 is a week's pay so those offers, while tempting, aren't exactly for me.

I remember buying Condition Zero to get into the Source beta

never again

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a terrible game, CSS is amazing still to this day for competative play, graphics aren't that bad and the game is fun for anyone with even a little bit of skill. It seems they're just trying to get into the popular trend of todays games, make it look good but have no skill required in the slightest to play, such as BF3 and MW3.

Deleted
    Man I've been going strong in CSS the entire afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    make it look good but have no skill required in the slightest to play, such as BF3 and MW3.
    I wouldn't be too sure about that, I saw some reviews on youtube made by somewhat respectable players and they mostly agreed on the fact the new CS is still kinda skill based, you gotta shoot right into the hitbox etc, unlike those described games. Plus there are no jerk off weapons such as tanks or helicopters or land mines so it's still mostly skill based.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man I've been going strong in CSS the entire afternoon...

I wouldn't be too sure about that, I saw some reviews on youtube made by somewhat respectable players and they mostly agreed on the fact the new CS is still kinda skill based, you gotta shoot right into the hitbox etc, unlike those described games. Plus there are no jerk off weapons such as tanks or helicopters or land mines so it's still mostly skill based.
    Been watching a lot of videos of it in lans etc. Pretty much the whole team chooses awp and auto snipers because the popular AK and m4a1 and other rifles such. Unless that gets changed etc.

And true about the no helicopters and tanks part, glad they didn't do that xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ergolito View Post
    Well the game looks like absolute shit..So I don't even wanna bother with the beta. I just wanna puke on the Source engine. More 1.6 less Source and MW/BF lookalike.
    this man speaks truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    if CSS is amazing compared to CS:GO, then 1.6 must be godlike. ^^

Ive been in th beta since day 1, i got given a beta code and t-shirt for queuing and playing it at eurogamer...proplem is its rubbish.
    Maybe im not a true cs player but its no different than the old one.

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 03:39 PM ----------

Man... Everyone and their grandmother seems to be getting invites and me, hipster CS player who started playing CS back in like 2002 and even got to the czech&slovak nation's championship in 2005, got nothing... Life sucks sometimes!

Gratz to you though, I'm sure it's awesome plus the community in that beta is great too, people use voice chat randomly on pulic servers etc.
    Yes and the community i played with when beta started are worse than MW3 players. Enjoy getting flamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Yes and the community i played with when beta started are worse than MW3 players. Enjoy getting flamed.
    According to my understandings most serious players of CS are like 20-35 today and are fairly mature people which is quite different to people playing MW3.

Had three steam accounts on different PC's opted in, no dice I'd trade a blizzcon 2008 bear mount for a beta :\ *Seems like I'll be waiting until open beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to get into the beta to see if it's worth to buy the game when it's out because it looks exactly like Source :/
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

got beta day 1...game is utter trash. played it once again after the 'big' patch, and it's still utter trash.

source is actually miles better than this pos game. they tried to make a game mix of cod, 1.6 and source.

can't wait to see this game fail on a competitive scene.

long live the 1.6 days of CPL 2003-2006

they had so much input from pro players...surprise surprise, a high amount of them were source players.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...counter-strike
    ^same dude that made cs mod. just by looking at the gameplay, you can tell it's much closer to 'COUNTER-STRIKE' than this CSGO shitfest.

Deleted
    1.6 days? No no no... pre 1.6 was much better, a higher caliber of players for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    I remember buying Condition Zero to get into the Source beta

never again
    You mean the hour-2 hour long ques to join servers for 30 min of playing wasnt fun?