Poll: What other MMO's will you play?

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do the Elin not have males?

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the argument that they're technically adults because they're hundreds of years old kind of goes out the window when you see their emotes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TiaCB0I7ewA

All I'm seeing is a flimsy excuse to promote the sexualization of children.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Do the Elin not have males?
    They do, and ironically enough they look like pedobear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    They do, and ironically enough they look like pedobear.
    That's a Popori, not an Elin.

Different races.

And no, as far as I've seen, Elin and Popori have only one gender to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    That's a Popori, not an Elin.

Different races.

And no, as far as I've seen, Elin and Popori have only one gender to choose from.
    They were the same race at one point. They have the same racials, same backstory, same home etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Definitively.. it's disgusting really..
    With all due respect, a lot of the images and videos that are being linked are of predominately ONE style of their armor that is by far the skimpiest by a significant margin. If you take a look at their armor sets their light and heavy armors are concealing. Some of the cloth designs are questionable and even then it's only about 4 robes out of 18 that I've seen on that site, which are all the same basic style with minor variations.

I honestly think they unnecessarily over-edited several of their outfits, probably to be on the safe side. I take more issue with the video editors who try to make something sexual out of something that's not by forcing camera angles and editing emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    With all due respect, a lot of the images and videos that are being linked are of predominately ONE style of their armor that is by far the skimpiest by a significant margin. If you take a look at their armor sets their light and heavy armors are concealing. Some of the cloth designs are questionable and even then it's only about 4 robes out of 18 that I've seen on that site, which are all the same basic style with minor variations.

I honestly think they unnecessarily over-edited several of their outfits, probably to be on the safe side. I take more issue with the video editors who try to make something sexual out of something that's not by forcing camera angles and editing emotes.
    The possibility is there though, which is obviously too obscene, at least in my opinion.

Deleted
    I wont be able to leave my house when i got GW2 so its not even possible for me to go and buy another mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    I wont be able to leave my house when i got GW2 so its not even possible for me to go and buy another mmo.
    This is the digital age mon. You don't have to leave your pc anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    The possibility is there though, which is obviously too obscene, at least in my opinion.
    Exactly, and one would argue it only encourages people to make provocative videos at low camera angles.

Deleted
    That's just sick :/

Exactly, and one would argue it only encourages people to make provocative videos at low camera angles.
    It only encourages people who already have a problem or who are seeking attention because they know the content will be controversial. I still choose to believe that when someone sees a youthful female their thoughts don't automatically jump to something sexual, but maybe I'm just being naive.

Truthfully, I'm not sure how to feel about it because this happens with basically every female EVER in anything, but people don't get as up in arms about it. The only reason this time it's an issue is because the female in question is too youthful looking.

At any rate, I think Elin are cute. Anyone who sees them as Rule #34 fodder or something out of SVU, well, that's on them.

It only encourages people who already have a problem or who are seeking attention because they know the content will be controversial. I still choose to believe that when someone sees a youthful female their thoughts don't automatically jump to something sexual, but maybe I'm just being naive.

Truthfully, I'm not sure how to feel about it because this happens with basically every female EVER in anything, but people don't get as up in arms about it. The only reason this time it's an issue is because the female in question is too youthful looking.

At any rate, I think Elin are cute. Anyone who sees them as Rule #34 fodder or something out of SVU, well, that's on them.
    They are quite the 'Japanese' anime fan race, which for instance isn't bad at all. But when they look like little children, dressed in minimal clothing and dance like they're in a strip club. People might think if that would be a good to keep in a game.

10+ Year Old Account

You clearly haven't explored the internet very heavily. ._.

Edit: Pretty sure it's called Loli or something like that.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-13 at 05:27 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The secret world. *i'll make some time for that but honestly gW2 is too amazing to worry about other games. *hopefully i get gw2 burnout so i can play something else for a little bit and then come back. *that's a good thing.

Only sane post amid a lot of utter nonsense and cultural & gender bias.

Some really intellectually shameful posts here.

I'll probably play this exclusively, but I may decide to continue playing WoW also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, let's just drop the elin discussion before insults start flying around.

Honestly, let's just drop the elin discussion before insults start flying around.
    What's the point now after folks already threw around wild leaps of logic, displayed ignorance, hypocrisy and cultural bias?

It's already been put forward and left to go unanswered with any sort of rigour.

Tera! and if it comes out this year....planetside 2!

Yeah, recently saw the 45 minute video for planetside 2. I might play that alongside GW2 as well (and Firefall). Nice thing about them is they are free to play (or free to try as I prefer it).