Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Official Mists of Pandaria "Screenshot of the Day" Thread

I'm posting this thread just like i did with Cataclysm's Screenshot of the Day back in the days when we were waiting for Cataclysm. Now here is the MoP version of this Screenshot of the Day thread. Every day i will update this thread with next day's screenshot until Blizzard decides to quit on it (probably the release of MoP on Live servers). All images are hosted on Tinypic.com and all thumbnails are clickable to see the large version.

Below you can find every screenshot from Screenshot of the Day collected together.

Have fun, enjoy the new scenery and remember... check this thread every day, because each day a new screenshot is available!!

March 13th (left): A Gate in Jade Forest
    March 14th (middle): Shadowpan Monastery
    March 14th (right): Yaungol Tribe in Kun Lai Summit

March 15th (left): Bridges Connecting Bluffs/Pillars in Jade Forest
    March 16th (middle): Undead Wearing New Armor
    March 17th (right): A Pandaren Farm in Valley of the Four Winds

March 18th (left): Library in Temple of the Jade Serpent
    March 19th (middle): Statue of Liu Lang, the first Pandaren That Left the Isolated Pandaria
    March 20th (right): A Pandaren Watching Over Cherry Trees in Jade Forest

March 21th (left): Pandaren Monk Meditating
    March 22th (middle): Waterfalls on the Border Between Kun-lai Summit and Jade Forest
    March 23th (right): A Mogu Statue Located in Krasarang Wilds

March 24th (left): The Hills in the Background Assumes This Might be Either Valley of the Four Winds or Jade Forest
    March 25th (middle): The house Look Very Trollish. No Idea What it's Location is.
    March 26th (right): Stranglethorn Vale Diamond Mine as Seen From Above.

March 27th (left): Inside Look of Scarlet Halls
    March 28th (middle): Pandaren and his Turtle Pet Looking at his Crashed Cart in Pandaren Startzone
    March 29th (right): A Troll Showing his Monk Moves

March 30th (left): Pandaren Room. No Idea Where it is Used For.
    March 31th (middle): Pandaren Lake With a Bridge
    April 1st (right): Hozu inside Stormstout Brewery

Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-04-01 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    We also have front page posts about that... like every day..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    shhhhh don't tell anyone.

Condensing them into an [official] thread is pretty worthwhile though. Also... Can't wait!!

Yes, but the front page won't consolidate all of them into one spot.

And is that Shado-Pan Monestary? That was... one of the 5-mans right? Not one of the raids?

The only difference is that I collect every Screenshot of the Day together and have them here. So you can easily watch all those screenshots in one place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had taken #2 during the day. To dark to see any real detail.

Looks like the US got a different screenshot.

Hmmm.... looks like the Taunka could be back. Although as I'm comparing the models, it doesn't look like they perfectly line up with either Tauren or Taunka. Might be a 3rd branch of the Tauren race, or maybe that's a variation of the new Tauren model.

If I had to guess the location, I'd go with some of the lower elevations of Kun-Lai. My guess is whether they are Tauren, Taunka, or some 3rd branch of the race, it's probably going to end up being a Horde town.

EDIT: Looks like Europe got it too, they basically got two screenshots of the day today, even if one was reused.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2012-03-14 at 05:54 PM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers. We'll keep it in here then; stickying.

Also, what's with the new tauren offshoot? How curious. I'm not sure if they look friendly or evil...
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-03-14 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Cheers. We'll keep it in here then.

Also, what's with the new tauren offshoot? How curious. I'm not sure if they look friendly or evil...
    Look a tad more brutal then regular Tauren judging by their architecture, but I think they'd fit in reasonably well with the Horde as a whole. Of course even then it's possible there are multiple tribes in Kun-Lai and only one of them signs on with the Horde.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Cheers. We'll keep it in here then.

I was curious about that yak tauren too, especially with the popular idea of new PC models flying around...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Look a tad more brutal then regular Tauren judging by their architecture, but I think they'd fit in reasonably well with the Horde as a whole. Of course even then it's possible there are multiple tribes in Kun-Lai and only one of them signs on with the Horde.
    That's true. It's hard to tell from the angle (and lack of "regular" NPCs) though; that little village could just be a hostile questing hub to wipe out... or a little Horde camp. Eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    So pretty so far...really looking forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I was curious about that yak tauren too, especially with the popular idea of new PC models flying around...
    For some reason the japanese food Yakitori came into my mind. Maybe it has a link to it.

I wonder where the new screenshot is taken. The pillars look like the ones off the coast of the Jade Forest, but the architecture doesn't really resemble that of the Jade Dragon clan, which is a lot greener and darker then what we see in the screenshot.

Going strictly by color, I suppose it could be the White Tiger Clan. Those guys are supposed to be based in Kun-Lai Summit, but I suppose that doesn't rule out smaller settlements elsewhere on Pandaria (such as the Jade Forest).

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I wonder where the new screenshot is taken. The pillars look like the ones off the coast of the Jade Forest, but the architecture doesn't really resemble that of the Jade Dragon clan, which is a lot greener and darker then what we see in the screenshot.

Going strictly by color, I suppose it could be the White Tiger Clan. Those guys are supposed to be based in Kun-Lai Summit, but I suppose that doesn't rule out smaller settlements elsewhere on Pandaria (such as the Jade Forest).
    I think it is Jade Forest. Kun-Lai Summit is out of the league cause of the mountains and snow there. What you see in this screenshot of 15th march is something that matches the pillars of Jade Forest. I've seen more of this architecture in Jade Forest in other screenshots. If some building has no green rooftiles of the jade serpent clan, then that doesn't say it is not located in Jade forest. There are other Pandaren clans there as well i guess.

Unhappy

March 15th one looks like a LOT of useless running to get somewhere. I hope we don't have to run back and forth questing from there.
    Really pretty though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryiez View Post
    March 15th one looks like a LOT of useless running to get somewhere. I hope we don't have to run back and forth questing from there.
    Really pretty though.
    Hahaha I had the same thought.

"Oooh, pretty! ...wait a minute. I'm going to have to run across that entire bridge to get to some wise old fart on the butte aren't I? Son of a!"

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Hahaha I had the same thought.

"Oooh, pretty! ...wait a minute. I'm going to have to run across that entire bridge to get to some wise old fart on the butte aren't I? Son of a!"
    Well, we still have our ground mount, so 100% movement speed boost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Well, we still have our ground mount, so 100% movement speed boost.
    Unless that's in the panda starting zone... no mount for under 20s.

Sig by Isilrien