Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    No it means that you should not prioritize MF over MS/MB if you cant guarantee that each set of 3orb procs is actually used.
    I'm referring to when SF/DA are not up - I'll assume you mean that basically Mind Blast will always take priority, aka when it's not on CD. Let me know if I'm wrong or misunderstanding that one.

In a normal rotation you want to use MB on cooldown, well you want to do that in any rotation really.
    With SF/DA up you want to use MS with your orbs as well yes. If you wait until MB is off cooldown you will have wasted a lot of 3orb hits that your SF generates.
    The idea is to make sure that no 3orb stacks go to waste.
    Okay, so always use MB - ASAP. Gotcha!

Any thoughts on the reforging thing??

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 03:46 PM ----------

Still wondering about my other question if anyone has any input either way......

I think one of the major questions I still have left is.....reforging. Do I go mastery, now that I have a DI? Do I go for the 3202 haste plateau or do I opt for 2141 w/DI which will yield that extra mastery..... not sure.
    Also, will I ever Mind Spike when I don't have DA and SF up?

I'll start with MS first, You can chuck in some MS's if the target you need to kill is not going to stay up long enough to fit in a full rotation, something like <10 secs or so.
    With DS however this is not so much the case so besides your SF/DA you wont be using it very much. At least that's the case for me.

As far as MF vs MB goes, MB has a higher DPCT (damage per casttime) than MF so you will want to clip MF whenever MB is off cooldown. With your T13 4P setbonus you get enough 3orb procs to basically not worry about having to wait till an orb procs.
    MF really is nothing but a filler spell in most cases, you'll come to find that in priority MF is way at the bottom, regardless of the damage output you get from it.

As far as the reforging goes, there's a lot of topics regarding this that explain it in full. I tend to reforge as much into haste as I can since its your best rating but there are some cases in which mastery tend to get the favour over it. For me it's simple, Go with whatever you feel works the best for you. Everyone has a different ppaying style so what might work good for me might not work good for you. It's all a matter of repetition really

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll start with MS first, You can chuck in some MS's if the target you need to kill is not going to stay up long enough to fit in a full rotation, something like <10 secs or so.
    With DS however this is not so much the case so besides your SF/DA you wont be using it very much. At least that's the case for me.

As far as MF vs MB goes, MB has a higher DPCT (damage per casttime) than MF so you will want to clip MF whenever MB is off cooldown. With your T13 4P setbonus you get enough 3orb procs to basically not worry about having to wait till an orb procs.
    MF really is nothing but a filler spell in most cases, you'll come to find that in priority MF is way at the bottom, regardless of the damage output you get from it.

As far as the reforging goes, there's a lot of topics regarding this that explain it in full. I tend to reforge as much into haste as I can since its your best rating but there are some cases in which mastery tend to get the favour over it. For me it's simple, Go with whatever you feel works the best for you. Everyone has a different ppaying style so what might work good for me might not work good for you. It's all a matter of repetition really
    Nice!! Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate it. I can't wait to try it tonight - I got blackhorn, which should be interesting with all the target switching.

I think I'm going to try going with mastery tonight for blackhorn and spine.

I wouldn't reforge out of 3202 haste except on H-Spine progression, if that's what you're doing. If it's on farm, and every other fight, I'd go with haste. Once you get near BiS (although I guess you can start now, in heroic gearing) you can afford to drop down to the next haste plateau and pick up more mastery. Our spriest has kept his 2589 haste plateau (sadly, he cannot always count on having DI since our lock sometimes sits fights), and has near 2k mastery as he nears BiS gear.