Poll: What profession do you like least?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Haven't played beta yet, but I am invited to next weekend event 23-25 March. I watched some game play videos of all professions, so I will vote:

Thief, because the stealth seemed too glitchy.

I will be playing warrior/elementalist/engineer when the game is released, will decide which one during the beta.

PS. You mis-spelled "thief" in the poll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    Haven't played beta yet, but I am invited to next weekend event 23-25 March. I watched some game play videos of all professions, so I will vote:

Thief, because the stealth seemed too glitchy.

I will be playing warrior/elementalist/engineer when the game is released, will decide which one during the beta.

PS. You mis-spelled "thief" in the poll.
    2 things, I can't edit the poll once created. I suppose i could pm a mod to fix it.

Did you not read the email? Once you sign the NDA and make an account it is against the NDA to tell people you got into the beta.

Mesmer. Too "pinky" for my taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    Haven't played beta yet, but I am invited to next weekend event 23-25 March.
    /facepalm... Someone doesn't read.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

And the event from 23-25 march is a press-beta event, not the actual closed beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    And the event from 23-25 march is a press-beta event, not the actual closed beta.
    ArenaNet hasn't said anything of the sort.
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2012-03-20 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    The safest route would be to just edit that little detail out, press beta or not.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    I'm surprised that Engineer is getting so much dislike. Two or three of my guildies want to roll one, and to me, it's more of a "meh" class. Maybe I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    ArenaNet hasn't said anything of the sort.
    I've been googling for the proof, but it seems GWI took down the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I saw this pic last night...The guy who posted it didn't really seem like he was part of the press.
    http://i.minus.com/iNudKA6dRfzXS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I saw this pic last night...The guy who posted it didn't really seem like he was part of the press.
    http://i.minus.com/iNudKA6dRfzXS.jpg
    As I said, GWI had a announcement of the next Press Beta being scheduled at 23-25 march, you can see it if you google it, but the actual announcement has been removed. It could be that next weekend is the Closed Beta.

Maybe the closed beta participants will be playing together with the press? Seems like a good idea to showcase how the game looks and plays with a healthy population, especially world vs world wich was near empty at the last press beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    they all have downsides as there just so generic sure mesmer is spose to be something new but to me it just seems like a mage+shadow priest crossover with more than mirror image and the usual mmo classes like ranger thief warrior elementalist necro just doesnt have the wow factor they deserve as every game has a variant of each type they just dont wow me anymore like thief is backstabbing stealth ranger is bows and half the time a pet warrior is 1hander and shield to either tank fo the group or a 2hander that just isnt as impresive as it should be like cleaving an enemy in half but instead it just removes a little health and they dont get even the smallest of cuts and then the elementalist which is a default fire/arcane/frost or water combo which usually means a few fireballs polymorph and some slows which every game has had by now surely mesmer is the most original even if its just a mage or warlock with permanent mirror images

Deleted
    Guardian, which is ironic since it's the profession I'm going to play.

I can just see all the "omg white nite paladin!11!" crowd leaping on it and making up about 50% of the population who then ragequit and proclaim Guild Wars 2 the devil because it wasn't a straight copy/paste of their only class in WoW.

Mesmers with greatswords (see: Final Fantasy) also make me want to deck somebody.
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-03-20 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Mesmers with greatswords (see: Final Fantasy) also make me want to deck somebody.
    Wshrrr! Wshrrr! Wshrrr!
    How can you not love that sound?

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    they all have downsides as there just so generic sure mesmer is spose to be something new but to me it just seems like a mage+shadow priest crossover
    ... no.
    thief is backstabbing stealth
    GW2's steal mechanic says hello.
    ranger is bows and half the time a pet
    Half the time? Their pets are out all of the time, and their melee is just as viable as their ranged. So they're not 'bows'.
    warrior is 1hander and shield to either tank fo the group or a 2hander that just isnt as impresive as it should be like cleaving an enemy in half but instead it just removes a little health and they dont get even the smallest of cuts
    ... you know this is an MMO, right? If you could go up to a boss and cut off his arm, the class would be slightly imbalanced.
    Also, there are no tanks in this game.. so.. what?
    and then the elementalist which is a default fire/arcane/frost or water combo which usually means a few fireballs polymorph and some slows which every game has had by now
    Or it means a fire attunement specializing in dealing a more damage, an earth attunement specializing in taking a more damage, a water attunement specializing in support, and an air attunement specializing in.. uhh.. debuffs, I think, all that you can switch between on the fly (so not like dual spec, before you say that.). I don't know. (maybe it's air for single target and fire for AoE) I don't follow elementalists since I don't plan to play one, but I think that's basically how it goes. But yeah, anyways, TOTALLY just a mage who shoots a fireball and casts polymorph..

Learn about the game, then comment.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-03-20 at 03:30 PM.

Has been the Ranger for a long time, but at the moment I think it's actually the Thief. Haven't seen any really compelling/quality gameplay from a Thief since like.... gamescom.

10+ Year Old Account
    they all have downsides as there just so generic sure mesmer is spose to be something new but to me it just seems like a mage+shadow priest crossover with more than mirror image and the usual mmo classes like ranger thief warrior elementalist necro just doesnt have the wow factor they deserve as every game has a variant of each type they just dont wow me anymore like thief is backstabbing stealth ranger is bows and half the time a pet warrior is 1hander and shield to either tank fo the group or a 2hander that just isnt as impresive as it should be like cleaving an enemy in half but instead it just removes a little health and they dont get even the smallest of cuts and then the elementalist which is a default fire/arcane/frost or water combo which usually means a few fireballs polymorph and some slows which every game has had by now surely mesmer is the most original even if its just a mage or warlock with permanent mirror images
    You really should do your research, because everything you just said is wrong. =\
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

they all have downsides as there just so generic
    You should take a look at the skills and mechanics they have: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession. They are far from generic, much thanks to how weapons equipped actually changes your playstyle, and of course the lack of a "holy trinity" allows for each profession to be very customizable. Traits, major ones especially will add even more you can tinker with. Professions also have mechanics unique to them, such as the warriors burst skill, engineers tool belt and guardians virtues.

thief is backstabbing stealth
    Thieves can also be ranged either using AoE's with a shortbow or more single target damage with pistols. They can also use various traps and use support skills to stealth their allies for a brief time. Also, as mentioned they have a unique mechanic in "Steal":http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal in addition to a resource mechanic, "Initative" wich is different from all the other profesions in the game.

ranger is bows and half the time a pet
    Acutally ranger is longbow, shortbow, sword, greatsword, axes, warhorn, dagger and torch. All of wich have different playstyles. In combat they can change between two of their pets on a short cooldown, bringing further diversity. Then they have the ultility skills wich range from boosting your own attacks with bleeding, various traps, supporting and buffing teammates with the totem like spirits of nature or you can even send your pet off to ressurect an ally. So you could play pure supportive ranger if you wanted to.

warrior is 1hander and shield to either tank fo the group or a 2hander
    Again, untrue. First of all there's no traditional tanking in this game (no directly targeted heals and the unorthodox threat system does not allow for it). You could be a high health damage soaker with a shield to reflect attacks, but it's not a tank per se.
    Secondly, out of all the professions warriors have the largest number of usable weapons wich again means lots of different playstyles.

Even if they wield a greatsword they could fill their utility slots with banners and shouts and suddendly they are kick ass at support. Notice a trend here?

that just isnt as impresive as it should be like cleaving an enemy in half but instead it just removes a little health and they dont get even the smallest of cuts
    Come on now that's just silly. This is a MMORPG not Mortal Kombat.

and then the elementalist which is a default fire/arcane/frost or water combo which usually means a few fireballs polymorph and some slows which every game has had by now
    Same as the other two. Weapons, traits and utility skills all alow for a lot of customization and completley different "roles". Elementalist brings even more diversity with their attunements: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attunements
    Want to be a hard to kill, damage soaker with stuns and knockbaks? You can do that. Want to stand in the back and cast long ranged attacks and AoEs wich set people on fire? You can do that. Want to deal large single target damage in close quarters while being highly mobile? You can do that. Etc etc.
    Last edited by Captain Cucumber; 2012-03-20 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    For now that would be the Engineer for me, don't ask me why tho.
    Theres just something bothering me with.. although I can't really say what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitein View Post
    For now that would be the Engineer for me, don't ask me why tho.
    Theres just something bothering me with.. although I can't really say what
    But... but explosions! D:
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.