Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    ughh now im excited/worried. if done right this could be amazing
    if you take TES for ONLY what bethesda has put into it, it's below average. it's buggy. it's short lived

the modding community makes these games. people play these games 5-10 years later because of the mods. i have zero faith in bethesda, they half-ass so much

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    ughh now im excited/worried. if done right this could be amazing

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 11:53 AM ----------

sorry but the dwemer were not the dark elves, it was another race of elves all together.
    dwemer weren't short. they weren't dwarven in any way, they were called dwarves by the giants because to giants, they were short. they were the same size as other races of skyrim and were most certainly dark elves at one time

just because they called them dwarves means nothing at all, there was no short, stocky heavily bearded race on tamriel

they even came from morrowind

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if you take TES for ONLY what bethesda has put into it, it's below average. it's buggy. it's short lived

the modding community makes these games. people play these games 5-10 years later because of the mods. i have zero faith in bethesda, they half-ass so much
    ill agree the modding community did keep the games alive, the lore that they have created for TES series has also played an integral part. they have the chance to create an mmo that could probably end up a huge hit but it has to be done right, my concerns would be with classes. TES has always focused on personal style over set classes.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

But I bet you think WoW is great, right?

dwemer weren't short. they weren't dwarven in any way, they were called dwarves by the giants because to giants, they were short. they were the same size as other races of skyrim and were most certainly dark elves at one time

just because they called them dwarves means nothing at all, there was no short, stocky heavily bearded race on tamriel

No, Dwemer =/= Dunmer, as the man said Dwemer are a completely different breed of Elf, sharing common ancestors with the dark elves just as the Altmer and Falmer.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 06:58 AM ----------

hence why i didnt refer to them as dwarfs and i never said they were short.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Because at some point, I think that playing single player games without any interaction with online friends gets old very quickly (this is the case for me).

OnT: IF they can pull this off, it can be amazing. Hopefully they will model the whole world (at least the one done in ESc: Arena).
    And some of us prefer our single player game to you know stay single player. I always liked the Zelda series doesn't mean I think it'd ever be a good idea to make a Zelda MMO. Obviously TES conceptually is a much better fit but you get the point. My biggest complaint right now isn't a lack of multiplayer games it's an utter lack of quality single player games. Another fantasy MMO, exactly what we need right now .

The only thing that has ever made their games decent has been the mods which actually add some depth to the game and fix the bugs Bethesda just can't be bothered to. I dread to see what they'd make out of a MMO.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-03-16 at 12:23 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh God why bother? Could we please stop this terrible trend of turning everything into mmo's?!
    Yeah I mean, at least I hope Bethesda doesn't stop their Elder Scrolls and Fallout singleplayer games.

Oh God why bother? Could we please stop this terrible trend of turning everything into mmo's?!
    This... Elder Scrolls just isn't something you should turn into an MMO. I'd never play it. The single-player experience is a part of the game.

inb4 LOL THIS IS GONNA KILL WOW

This is going to kill WoW.

NOOOOOOOO. This makes me sad.

This means there will be no more TES single player games, at least for the next 5-10 years... There are enough MMOs out there, not enough good singleplayer RPGs... and MMOs are such a fucking time sink. Sighhhh. Disappointing news.

It's the same feeling as knowing that Blizzard would never make a Warcraft 4/5/6 RTS because they made WoW.

@people saying "inb4 lol this kills wow"

This won't be out for another 3-4 years most probably, and I'm very sure WoW won't be nearly the size it is today.

I doubt a clunky 1st person hack 'n slash mouse-smashing style works well in an mmo.
    It doesn't. If anyone has ever played Darkfall, they'll know what I mean.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    NOOOOOOOO. This makes me sad.

This means there will be no more TES single player games, at least for the next 5-10 years... There are enough MMOs out there, not enough good singleplayer RPGs... and MMOs are such a fucking time sink. Sighhhh. Disappointing news.
    Not necessarily, TES MMO is apparently going to be set prior to the RPGs so it's quite possible they intend to produce both an MMO and continue with the RPGs. WoW is set post W3 making it unlikely they would continue making more.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlingBlackLabel View Post
    It doesn't. If anyone has ever played Darkfall, they'll know what I mean.
    Darkfall has a ton of problems (as well as good things), but the fighting mechanic is actually quite good. Aiming being required for archery / magic, and team damage? What's not to like?

The only real issue with fighting in Skyrim is the reliance on favorites, which ruins the flow of combat entirely.

As far as a TES MMO, eh... from one perspective, it certainly makes sense for them to give it a shot. Bethesda has a certain amount of clout with the title, and it would attract a lot of attention.

On the other hand, if it means the end of the single player games, I hope it becomes vaporware.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ehh I hope they polish it before they release it who will play a mmo that crashes constantly and has more bugs than a 3 day old pile of dung

Quote Originally Posted by Abrams View Post
    ehh I hope they polish it before they release it who will play a mmo that crashes constantly and has more bugs than a 3 day old pile of dung
    165 hours in, exactly 2 desktop crashes. Not exactly a game ruining experience, but ymmv of course.

I absolutely agree. Please don't do this, Bethesda. Just keep fixing up Skyrim and release some epic extra content.

I'm going to have my hands full with Guild Wars 2. I just don't need an Elder Scrolls MMO. It's a lovely break AWAY from multiplayer content.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The only real issue with fighting in Skyrim is the reliance on favorites, which ruins the flow of combat entirely.
    On the PC you can bind favourites to numbers, switching in combat..

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    balancing isnt important in singleplayer games and im sure they can make a good mmo too
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Am I the only person alive who thinks every Elder Scrolls game after Daggerfall was/is complete garbage?
    Well, I hope you are. Because I'm sick of ppl sticking to classics to make them selves feel experts. There may be a debate that oblivion was better than skyrim but oblivion was surely better than the previous titles.

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    hope it's not WoW combat style but skyrim combat style
    4 button MMO?

No thanks haha Skyrim's combat been the worst i have ever seen.