Gotham City Imposters!

Anyone have this? Just got it off Origin for only $7.50 and WOW, such a good game for the price! I played all the COD's and BF2 and 3, and this game is pretty much on par with COD in terms of fun, and at a fraction of the price. Been playing it nonstop for like 3 hours now. It's basically a COD ripoff but there's something about it makes it so good I just can't put my finger on it lol.. You can fly thru the air with grappling hooks, use roller skates and go up ramps, and a whole bunch of cool stuff to get around the map. The game is very well put together. Anyone else have it? Even for $15 regular price it's worth it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems I can get it for €14,99 on steam, but it has a LOT Unlocks at €6,99, €2,99 and €0,99.

€14,99 on GameStop Downloads (aka Impulse Driven) too.

And low and behold, €7,49 on Origin!

Question, once you have it installed do you need Origin running to play it? I recently bought Batman Arkham City through GameStop Downloads, as it was on sale for €25, and you need GameStop Downloads open to run it and you can't even make a desktop icon for it.... which is annoying.

well i just got it all downloaded time to play and find out.

Yes D3v I believe you can only play it thru Origin if you bought it from them. Tried to play it thru Steam but doesn't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I meant more along the lines, does Origin need to be running in order to play the game. I bought SWTOR through Origin and I remember Origin didn't need to be running in the background or anything for me to play swtor.

no you don't need to run origin to run the game. The game runs off GFWL though. I've heard some people have connection issues. And it seems some third-party programs not related to the game are causing some issues. Having played it myself though for over an hour it's great. It needs some more guns some more maps and such, but for what it is it's well worth the $7.50 or even the full $15. The combat is fast, it doesn't feel like you die instantly unless you get stabed by the katana, the different body types and perks make it more suited to your playstyle, and the combat is fast-paced and full of action thanks to the gadgets. The maps aren't bad either most are big and some are small, but the center of the map is usually where most the action takes place. If monolith continues to support the game whole-heartedly the game will be top class.

15+ Year Old Account
    fun game indeed, well worth the €7,49 ^^

So glad I gave up smoking... ;D

Deleted
    looks alright but pretty lame 6v6.. needed to be bigger brink sucked ass for having so few players. Far too many items to buy for a game i need to pay for imo.

Deleted
    Actually played it yesterday for the first time at a friends (on the X-box, I just can't say how much I HATE shooters on the x-box) and downloaded it today through steam with a few DLC things.

It's still small but has a lot of potential imo, fast paced, funny etc. Love the body type things and the chance of making your own class to some extend. Well worth the download imo.

Deleted
    I must be the ultimate troll in this game.

Ready Weapon: Submachine Gun + red dot + heart Camo
    Backup weapon: THE MOTIVATOR + PINK CHEETAH skin
    Gadget: The thing that tracks enemies on minimap in a specific range.
    Support: Goggles to mark their team through walls
    Fun Fact 1: Speedy
    Fun Fact 2: Kinda Bulletproof
    Rampage: Wolfpack (but I barely do damage so it's useless)
    Psych: The thing that gives me exp for getting assists.

Now when you end with a score of 3/7/34 or so, you get around 7000 exp and massive hate from the other team.

I LOVE IT.

I'm in love with this game. Glider as a heavy body style is laugh out loud awesome and the matches are just amazing.

This is the first time in a FPS that I have felt like no one gives a shit and everyone just has fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a fun game but for me i get so many problems finding games, sometimes it just says lost connection when a game starts to load. Sometimes i sit in a lobby for upto 5-10 mins. If all that was fixed i would play it so much more.

Deleted
    I do enjoy the game but I feel it suffers from not having dedicated servers to jump on and off at will. I realise it has to work with the matchmaking system because of the levelling and unlocking side to things, but all the waiting around for players to join and then waiting for the game to start does grate a little. The matches don't seem to last that long either which makes all the sitting around even more frustrating.

Deleted
    I bought this on the steam sale a week or two ago and im just inlove with it its hilarious.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I bought this on the steam sale a week or two ago and im just inlove with it its hilarious.
    Yeah same. I have found myself getting kind of frustrated by the matchmaking system, because like other have said you end up sitting around waiting for the system to make a match even when you KNOW there are plenty of people available. Kind of buggy still, but hopefully they will get some of the kinks worked out over time.

I have never been into FPSs until recently, at which point I got hooked to Gotham City Impostors and Tribes Ascend. Both are very fun games, Tribes is more fast paced and "skill" based, whereas GCI is more goofy, kind of like TF2. They offset each other pretty well, they are both FPSs but feel like completely different genres.

I went back to COD MW3 (like usual on weeknights) and the difference is amazing...

GCI is just so much more fun as a game.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-04-07 at 08:12 AM.