Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I finally finished my latest playthrough in ME1/2 with full paragon, and just now started on ME3.. First 15-20 minutes were awesome, epic, even, but, like, wtf, there are max 3 dialogue options per dialogue, and you practically get only 1 opportunity to make a decision per conversation, if even that, and even then, it's just too obvious. Upper option for +2 paragon points, lower for +2 renegade points, left option for random dialogue with no additional options, It just feels as if I was watching a movie. My choices don't matter. QQ, I loved ME2, considering it as the best game ever, even, but I wish bioware wouldnt dumb everything down as much as they do.., Even the difficulty is too easy, especially on Insanity difficulty, in ME1, I couldnt beat the game at the hardest difficulty, ME2 I had some problems, but managed to get each mission done 2 attempts max, The only thing that could be considered even remotely difficult in ME3 combat is dodging enemy grenades, wich can get fairly tedious as they do not have a sound effect under adrenaline rush + scoping. (AR lasts for 7.8 seconds fully upped, grenades explode in 5, and they oneshot you.) It just feels like a huge letdown, not exactly what i was expecting from the game.

- It looks awesome, though, even on my low-end rig, the graphics are astonishingly beautiful, and running with a steady 40fps, whereas in ME2, I had to run on lowest possible graphic options windowed in a 800x600 resolution.. (how is it even possible, I do not know.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't actually played ME3 myself, only watched a friend play it. He's a hardcore ME1 and ME2 fan. He is absolutely in love with the game. I've heard many positive things about it online, so its interesting to get another perspective on it. I have no opinion on this, I just find it interesting.
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

I don't know how you can be done with "Bioware". I don't know about you but I play games not developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol google it yourself.. they owned about 25% and announced in 2004 that they wanted to take over dice and tabled an offer which didnt go through until 2005 and then they eventually bought out the rest.

"EA Holding AB Changes Condition of Its Offer to the Shareholders of Digital Illusions
    Monday December 20, 1:00 am ET

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. & STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 20, 2004--

EA to Complete the Offer When Reaching More Than a 50%

Acceptance Level and Extend to January 20, 2005

EA Holding AB (EA) (Nasdaq:ERTS - News) today confirmed its decision to change one of the conditions for the offer to the shareholders of Digital Illusions CE AB (publ) ("DICE") and to extend the acceptance period.

ADVERTISEMENT
    The acceptance period for EA's offer to the shareholders of DICE, made on November 15, 2004, expired on December 16. As the calculation of outcome of the offer now has been made, it can be confirmed that shareholders with a total of 2,587,294 shares in DICE, including 1,517,587 shares that the second largest shareholder Bonnier & Bonnier AB and DICE employees with significant shareholdings have undertaken to sell, have accepted EA's offer. This corresponds to 25.6% of the outstanding capital and votes in DICE. Together with the 18.9% of the outstanding capital and votes currently held by EA, this would give EA today control of 4,498,697 shares, representing 44.5% of the outstanding capital and votes in DICE. As a result, the offer has not yet been accepted to such an extent that EA has become the owner of more than 90% of the total number of shares representing more than 90 percent of the votes in DICE, which was a condition for the implementation for the offer.

EA today changes the condition above and conditions the offer upon an acceptance level through which EA would become the owner of more than 50% of the total number of shares representing more than 50% of the capital and votes in DICE after dilution upon exercise of employee warrants outstanding under the option program launched in 2002. As a consequence of this, the acceptance period is extended to January 20, 2005.

The offer of SEK 61 in cash per share remains. The other terms and conditions of the offer remain in effect during the extension period. Assuming that EA completes the offer on January 26, 2005, payment is expected to be distributed beginning on or about January 27, 2005.

EA reserves the right to acquire additional shares in DICE in the market.

The Board of Directors of DICE has in a statement on November 15, 2004, unanimously recommended the shareholders to accept EA's offer of SEK 61 per share. Nordea Corporate Finance has issued a fairness opinion to the Board of Directors of DICE, stating that the offer is fair from a financial point of view."

yep fabricating it up

lol they owned a little chunk and didnt have direct control over anything.. im sure EA own small parts of lots of developers but until they become majority share holder it doesnt really mean anything.

I never said they ruin developers they have shares / interest in.. its when they take over companies. I named developers which owned and either destroyed or made very average.
    Don't take this the wrong way but A. I remember when this was controversial that EA was buying the remaining 30% that they needed just to be the majority shareholder immediately following 1942's release in 02 B. DICE's own internal memos on the issue that were subsequently posted to the internet (and can be found on google still, no less) describe in relatively vivid detail their corporate state between the years 2002 and 2006 (everything subsequent being an in-house developer under the EA brand). And as for point B; Battlefield 3 is DICE's most acclaimed release ever. It's a better game than BF2 and 2142, each of which were already better games than 1942. Not only has it achieved the pinnacle of critical acclaim for DICE as a brand that they've ever experienced, it's been an overwhelming financial success for EA. Beyond either of those two points, it's one of the most played and enjoyed cross platform games in existence and Frostbite 2 has proven to be as big of a technical leap forward from its original platform as the development of the original Frostbite engine was. In other words, since becoming solely an entity of EA, DICE has technically, financially, and critically overshadowed everything that they've ever done preceding BF3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know how you can be done with "Bioware". I don't know about you but I play games not developers.
    When a specific developer begins to pick up anti-consumer practices (like Ubisoft) I boycott that company to combat those practices. Bioware has joined that list. Chronic lying is only one reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but A. I remember when this was controversial that EA was buying the remaining 30% that they needed just to be the majority shareholder immediately following 1942's release in 02 B. DICE's own internal memos on the issue that were subsequently posted to the internet (and can be found on google still, no less) describe in relatively vivid detail their corporate state between the years 2002 and 2006 (everything subsequent being an in-house developer under the EA brand). And as for point B; Battlefield 3 is DICE's most acclaimed release ever. It's a better game than BF2 and 2142, each of which were already better games than 1942. Not only has it achieved the pinnacle of critical acclaim for DICE as a brand that they've ever experienced, it's been an overwhelming financial success for EA. Beyond either of those two points, it's one of the most played and enjoyed cross platform games in existence and Frostbite 2 has proven to be as big of a technical leap forward from its original platform as the development of the original Frostbite engine was. In other words, since becoming solely an entity of EA, DICE has technically, financially, and critically overshadowed everything that they've ever done preceding BF3.
    no it wasnt.. they offered a deal in 2004 which would bring them to 66% after failing in previous attempts but it didnt happen till 2005 and then after that they finally did a deal for the rest of the company.

Actually BF2 is still the most critically acclaimed release ever.. and imo by far the best thing they have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    great.. and ppl got fed up with the bs surrounding the DLC, and the ending. Also previous games such as SWTOR, and DA2 disappointed alot of bioware fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    The best two Westwood Games had an EA Label on the packaging, RA2 and E:BFD
    C&C RA personally the best game they did and blade runner didnt have EA on the box.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-03-23 at 12:16 AM.

I'm sorry but I lost the ability to take you seriously when you suggested that BF2's significance hasn't been completely overshadowed by everything BF3 brought to the table. Well, to be honest I crossed that bridge when I sat down to read a guy with a cartoon avatar on the internet desperately try to ignore every relevant google hit on the topic at hand to highlight the one that wasn't sourced from DICE themselves. I can pretty safely say you are more than at home on an mmo forum.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but I lost the ability to take you seriously when you suggested that BF2's significance hasn't been completely overshadowed by everything BF3 brought to the table. Well, to be honest I crossed that bridge when I sat down to read a guy with a cartoon avatar on the internet desperately try to ignore every relevant google hit on the topic at hand to highlight the one that wasn't sourced from DICE themselves. I can pretty safely say you are more than at home on an mmo forum.
    cool.. so once again you've been proven wrong. wrong about how much control EA had over Dice, and wrong about BF3 critical acclaim. Ignoring every relevant google hit? lol (what ).. youre unable to accept other people's opinion's, wont accept when youre obviously wrong, and its hilarious that someone would look down at another poster for having an avatar.. No, i can safely say you are more than at home on an mmo forum.

There's a correct way to use ad hominem in an argument. You are doing it wrong, and just make yourself sound like a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Westwood had closed shop before Generals was made. EA has openly admitted that they destroyed them (and some other studios) because of horrible management.
    Generals was made by the Red Alert 2 team in Westwood Pacific which got renamed to EALA after Westwood's Las Vegas HQ closed. Westwood also had some big costly flops like Renegade and Earth & Beyond so it's not entirely because of EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    "However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional..."

game as a whole =/= endings.

Also to the OP, I agree, yet I'm forced to disagree at some points, such as Dragon Age 2 being "hack&slash", the only big difference they made from dragon age combat system in my opinion was the animation speed, only because the animations are faster don't makes it a "hack&slash" game.
    Game as a whole, without the ending, is incomplete. How do you make an incomplete whole? It's illogical. If you were to judge ME3 as a whole you'd have to rate it poorly because it is not a whole.

Animation speed is not the only difference in DA2's combat. If you truly believe that I dunno what to say. Literally every encounter is just enemies popping up from all sides. There is no semblance of tactics to the gameplay, it's just pure chaos. DA, the spiritual successor of Bioware's tactical RPGs, has devolved to a state where it was utterly devoid of tactics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    I assert that user scores are null and void on the basis that many, if not most, are colored by rage over Day One DLC and opinions on the ending.
    It was "Neg Bombed" on release day and it's still crawling it's way back up. A lot of those were because of the apparent same sex relationships that were "Thrown into players faces". Which is just not the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    There's a correct way to use ad hominem in an argument. You are doing it wrong, and just make yourself sound like a fool.
    anything said about one man's self expression through the medium of children's cartoons can be said doubly for another =). Albeit, in his case with less associated gender-confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/tykinkuula/bucket.gif anything said about one man's self expression through the medium of children's cartoons can be said doubly for another =). Albeit, in his case with less associated gender-confusion.
    Perhaps you should scroll back a few pages and start over. You seem to have forgotten to bring your point with you.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

This guy keeps saying he KNOWS FOR A FACT that the other guy is wrong, when the other guy has brought in simple proof and this guy has not even provided a SINGLE link he says is so easy to find. Instead he insults the guy's post number and credibility because of his avatar.

Sounds like an e-badass.

Kotor 2 wasn't "Handed down" Lucas arts wanted bioware to complete a sequel in a year or two and bioware was like Lul not gonna happen, so lucas arts took it else where, thats why there are fan mods replacing a lot of the content that the other company took out.