Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxingar View Post
    As for the ME3 ending; it was effective for what they were trying to do, fans are just upset cause it effectively permanently changes the universe that they had become so invested in.
    http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/
    That's why the ending is bad. Not because it's not happily ever after with lollypops and rainbows, not because it's too much change, but because it is simply a bad ending. It worked in Deus Ex because it made sense and fit with the core themes of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    The thing I find amusing here as well is as you quote "It feels to me like BioWare are just trying to appeal to a main stream audience with their games", and its said as a critisim... ANY company on the planet does this with what ever it sells

end line game developing is about making money or there would be no games or developers... they don't do it free of charge for some moral ego boost lol
    I completely disagree here. Companies need to understand and focus on their target market. If a company is trying to target everyone with a niche product then they just don't know what the hell they are doing. If you're EA and selling the newest sports game, you probably shouldn't buy commercial time during daytime soap operas.

It is perfectly fine for a company to be a niche developer like Bioware was. However, it puts a cap on the limit of your growth. Now that Bioware is owned by EA, their growth plan is going to be different due to accountability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    I agree with you. Dragon Age: Origins, SWKoTOR, ME1 and Baldur's Gate were awesome games. Their best.
    But everything else... DA2, SWTOR ( they could've made an awesome mmog, but still failed ) and ME3 were just awful... And now we know that the next Bioware game will be a real-time strategy. How lame is that. I guess this is a RIP Bioware.
    Real-time Strategy.... are you f&*ing kidding me. That's like Netflix going into the Pizza business. Bioware is really going down the tubes if they keep trying to do things they aren't good at.

VALVe? Seriously? Gabe Newell is probably the biggest troll in the gaming industry... >_>
    The whole episode 3 / hl3 thing may be frustrating but you know it's going to be good. Until then, valve keeps popping out the only AAA titles on the market (everything else released in the past couple years has been a massive turd).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    Non-subjective opinions are totally better than the subjective ones.
    That's the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Dude, I've come in a time machine from the 1980s to let you know about a phenomenal new program that's going on.... it's totally radical! If you go to video stores like Blockbuster, they will actually let you pay a small amount of money to rent video games for a couple days, giving you time to try it without having to buy it! This is gonna be big!
    For one, I'd still have to rent every single game in the galaxy.
    For two, not everyone (including myself, mind you) has access to a place like that that doesn't just carry horrible games.
    For three, you do a really horrible job at being patronizing.

Is it really fair to abandon Bioware simply because of a bug that is rare enough that you are apparently the only person to experience it so far?

There are much better reasons to be angry at Bioware. Such as everything that happens after the point at which you are stuck.

All of those (same) endings:

*Spoilers*

I feel bad for colorblind folks only getting their one ending.

Working on my 2nd go through with ME3...maybe this time I can get game breaking bugs...those sound yummy. As for the BG series...another company is not taking it over..they are just updating it. People update classic games all the time...its nothing new.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter, they're Bioware now and everyone will wait from them true Bioware products, meaning RPG. They will release the rts game as Bioware.
    I have nothing against RTS, I am though against Bioware releasing it. That just gives them an excuse to be lazy for some years to come.
    So you are saying they are lazy, but you wont take the brain power to differ between what company is actually making the game? Seriously if you expect something from one side you need to give something too as well - anything else is just stupid.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Me3 is actually a really memorable game in many ways and marries the best elements of the first two games. Da2 also has it merits. Swtor also has it merits. Any fair objective review of these games will come to more or less the same conclusion. Or not. As some one else pointed out, GOOD FUCKING BYE. You will not be missed. Their games have such a broad appeal now that you handful of internet nerds don't fucking matter one god damned bit. It's a good time to be a gamer. A bad time to be an impotent helpless angry forum troll.

There is no reason to insult people for having a difference of opinion. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-17 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    A lot of Neverwinter Nights was Black Isle Studios' work. They were never credited on the finished product due to legal issues with their partnership with Bioware. That's the story, anyway.
    That's interesting. Did not know that.

I haven't tried swtor yet and don't really plan on it. My opinion on bioware is based on others and what I read: you either hate them or you love them. Frankly, I wouldn't buy a product from a company that's a gambe. I'd have to test run it first. Which means I have to do more research, which being male might not happen.

Sign me up with the crew of people who is done with Bioware. DA2 was a legitimate disappointment but it seemed like a "minor" thing that would simply make me more cautious in the future, every one is allowed a mistake every now and then right?

But ME3 ending? Unacceptable, that is not an ending. That is a damned cliff hanger leading into them trying to sell me the real ending as a DLC. Screw you Bioware. I bought this game as an ending to the series, not to get continually strung along as you try to get more cash out of me.

I agree with you. I really can't stand Bioware anymore. Some people are happy with below average games, but I'm not. They aren't worth my money anymore. But that's okay with me, because there are a ton of really awesome games out there. Bioware might not need me, but I sure as hell don't need them either. Cheers.

I played all Mass Effect 3, and have never encountered any bugs. Also, I think it was great, and Dragon Age 2 was great. DA:O for me was too gray though. SWTOR - never played, got nothing to say.

At least you can soothe yourself that Bioware is not Ubisoft. Oh how they screwed with HoMM6 >< But that's another topic.

Deleted
    And yet you will buy Baldurs Gate updated edition.

We all know you will.

(Ps : what you think about a publisher doesn't concern me. I love Bioware, and hope they keep churning out games that appeal to me.)

Bioware isn't responsible for Baldur's Gate enhanced.

the only bug i've seen in ME3 was when i ran into a keeper in the imperial fleet and it decided to kick me and send me flying through space...

i waas done after DA 2. havent tried the games after. they owe me 20-30 euros

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I completely disagree here. Companies need to understand and focus on their target market. If a company is trying to target everyone with a niche product then they just don't know what the hell they are doing. If you're EA and selling the newest sports game, you probably shouldn't buy commercial time during daytime soap operas.

It is perfectly fine for a company to be a niche developer like Bioware was. However, it puts a cap on the limit of your growth. Now that Bioware is owned by EA, their growth plan is going to be different due to accountability.

We're on about target audience for game development here not targeted advertising period for a finished product rather large difference, what your saying is marketing, what I'm on about is development. But commenting on your theme:

When I say market I am on about the "gaming market" not the whole economic market while new customers enter the gaming market all the time a company's focus will be on the "gaming" market and try and get there product to appeal to the largest population possible, so conversely if you aim at a niche market ie avid fans you severely limit sales and product growth. No company aims to just sell to known customer bases that makes no sense, as you will not expand or grown as a company, they aim to expand there customer base. They make the product appeal to the widest audience possible and to attract new sales and new interest thats not debatable or company's would either stagnate or go collapse but in doing so they will lose some interest of the more "avid" fan base that is a given the idea is to attract more new sales and you lose through change etc. There is little room for "niche" in today economy and this is why developers now work the way they do ofc there are down side but being realistic its not going to change or go back to how it was there is to much competition and to many financial hurdles in such a competative market for it.

Also the fact that EA is involved as owners of bioware will as you say change things but more like I am say not less.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I agree with you. I really can't stand Bioware anymore. Some people are happy with below average games, but I'm not. They aren't worth my money anymore. But that's okay with me, because there are a ton of really awesome games out there. Bioware might not need me, but I sure as hell don't need them either. Cheers.
    But ME3 wasn't below average; it was an excellent game. Whether or not you like the ending aside (I don't mind the ending, a good ending was never going to happen but I understand people have questions. I do too) the game itself is well worth the money, and was near as good as ME2.