Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I like how in pvp (hot join) every single warrior is either axe/axe or gs and think they'll kill everyone with one combo
    This. It's so fun to join hot-joint and stomp all the other "glass-cannon-one-trick-pony" Warriors with ease. Stunlock wth Hammer followed by burst from Shield Bash + Evisc (94% critchance on that one while stunned) and most people just melt away.

My main is a ranger and I kited 2gs warriors for a good time before they finally caught me (I failed to dodge one bulls charge and didn't have stunremoval up ). The funny thing was that they were saying they were so good at the game and what not whilst the only thing they can do is hit 3buttons one after another

maybe i just dont get it, but ive tried just about every set up and my warrior gets smashed out in hot join...seems like a bad joke that every game i play warriors are just lackluster compared to other classes

I'm sorry to be 'that guy' but it simply means you're doing it wrong. Warriors are far from lackluster there are lots of viable routes for a warrior (sword/axe+mace/shield, axe/mace+mace/shield, mace/axe + ace/shield, rifle+x(sword/x)

It all depends on how you build, what armor you grab and how you play.
    The only weapons that I find bad in sPvP are the longbow and the greatsword.

Its fine to be that guy. im doing hot joins and having ZERO fun just getting squished. i love the sword axe combo. whats a good spec for that and in pvp what runes should i use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obaama View Post
    DISREGARD THIS - found norn cultural armours and picked them straight away

This isnt cultural, but this is what my 57 level norn warrior looks like right now.
    Using cultural pants though.

I find mixing sets much more engaging, than finding sets themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Sikend View Post
    Its fine to be that guy. im doing hot joins and having ZERO fun just getting squished. i love the sword axe combo. whats a good spec for that and in pvp what runes should i use
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIIQ...uikwsqYgxGkZFA
    This is if you're comfy with weaponswapping and timing your dodges. You're squishy in your main set (little hp and not that much armor) so the idea is to get in, apply bleeds, get out(or tank them with mace/shield)
    edit: made a mistake turtle's defence should be surefooted

Another option is this one

still squishy but a bit more leeway since you can heal for quite a bit more while in maceset so you can switch back.
    General Idea: leap at your foe, criple=>build adrenaline till you can flurry(skill5 is nice)=>4>3>f1

The omg I'm a god and I can avoid every dangerous skill in the game build is this one.
    Or if you're even more awesome you can grab axe/shield instead of mace/shield to tank meaning you can use evisc to deal massive damage.

Sigils, you want bleeds lots of'm and lifesteal just is one of the best sigils there is so those two are nice combined. For the defensive set (with mace) I like the freeze since it makes sure you can stick to targets after swapping (sticking on a target is easy with mace/shield getting on a target however isn't)

Runes, well I like going all out bleed damage=>tank. If you prefer to be on the offensive more you can switch runes out but that's what I like best.

Issues of these builds: high mobility classes thieves, mesmers, (some eles but they usualy run away from the heavy bleeds). If you find that you really can't keep up with other classes switch out some utility skills (shake it off mainly if you're not using the shout healing build) for bolas or bull's charge.

Tips:
    Don't randomly weaponswap since you 'feel' you're not doing well. For instance if you want to get on the offensive again (you are atm in def set) use shieldbash and then switch. The other way around aswell hamstring into swap can buy you extra time to get your skills up so do it.

If you're going to 1v1 another melee class (guardian or war since you need to run away from thieves) start in shieldset. You don't need to leap vs them, they'll usually come to you. Most warriors are running some sort of 'burst' build so delaying their burst gives you the headstart (GS war and GS guardian for instance). Additionally you can build up your adrenaline so you can straight away go for the 3=>4=>5=>f1 combo.

Use endure pain when you go offensive, if they stun=>burst you without your shield up you're toast (guardians don't really stun but they have lots of damage output available aswell).

If you've used your 'rotation' switch to your defensive set (if you're not used to timing yet). You need to be incontrol of when you spike, if the other guy forces you defensive he's incontrol.

Build I prefer is nr2, 345f1 is a lot stronger on that one and you can heal really well after it.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-08-31 at 11:56 AM.

I have been doing some WvW as a Rifle/Bow Condition Warrior and its rewarding and fun thus far as I assume just about every one is like me so pretty new to GW2. As I went off to do some gathering / skill points I came across solo players several times:

Guardian 2H:

They take a while to bring down but I had little issue kiting them between my cripple+immobilize / rifle butt kd / bow immobilize.

Necromancer Staff+Minion build:

The self healing is high and the damage is good and I doubt I could solo them...Not saying they could solo me either. I have not seen a condition necro as I play one and I know they hurt.

Engineer:

One of the fastest to go down, like a sack of potatoes, though they can hurt.

The sum of my experience is just about every one I came across got kited to death which pretty much tells me people are still learning the game, I doubt a skilled player will allow a warrior to kite them endlessly.

Deleted
    Hi there guys. I'm currently playing with a gs crit hit warrior (have around 65% crit chance atm). I have the following question - what is more dmg efficient - stacking crit hit dmg or stacking power?

I know the answer is pretty obvious but I have the impression that my dmg output is higher when I stack power.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...nder-rifleman/

This is a -very- resilient Rifle build to be used for point defense.
    No one will be able to burst you down as you have 3k defense, good health pool and -33% damage reduction from 50% health and below, while still hitting like a truck.

http://gw2skills.net...AmAMLYOwkgtIYQA

Stats
    24.500 health
    3000 Attack
    3000 Armor
    32.7% crit chance (27% + 5.7% from signet mastery)
    175% crit damage
    12 seconds of Protection (-33% dmg) when you are down to 50% health.

Usage
    The core mechanic is keeping Fury up 100% of the time, which isn't hard as you have 3 sources of fury:
    1. For Great Justice.
    2. Landing Bolas gives Fury
    3. Signet of Rage
    They should be used in the aforemention order for best efficiency.
    That way you always have 52.7% critical chance.
    Last Stand provides passive protection against CC, SoS removes all conditions.

Furthermore, your offhand set provides 10s swiftness and a leap on 8s CD so you can move around the map faster.

Has anybody else noticed that the fast hands trait (disciplin 15 pointer) does not always work? Most of the time it funtions normaly and drops the weapon swap CD down to 5 seconds but I've noticed every so often in combat I'll end up with the full 10s swap cd anyway. I've not been able to track down exactly what causes it either. At first I thought it was some form of internal CD on the ability but my results when I tested this were inconclusive, sometimes yes sometimes no. I've also noticed the longer CD happen at times when I was in the middle or end of a skill activation when I initiated the swap, longbow burst skill as well as skill 3 tend to trip this one most often but then agian my normal attack style often has me useing those two then swaping to whirling axe in the field for a self combo.

Who is John Galt?

A question for the level 80 Warriors. Is the (Arms -Strength - Discipline) dual axe / rifle build viable all the way to 80? or does the incoming damage ramp up to a point where you have to invest in defensive traits.

I am currently sitting at 43 and level mostly by exploration and don't leave one zone till I fully clear the previous one. With all the running involved in doing this, I really like the crit build, especially the run speed boost you get from the 10 point trait in the discipline line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulum View Post
    Hi there guys. I'm currently playing with a gs crit hit warrior (have around 65% crit chance atm). I have the following question - what is more dmg efficient - stacking crit hit dmg or stacking power?

I know the answer is pretty obvious but I have the impression that my dmg output is higher when I stack power.
    I haven't been motivated to do any maths on this since i've been using a condition build in PvP most of the time. However, the warrior is granted quite a lot of free % critical strike through fury and traits which will lean towards power being a better stat. Although bleeds on 1/3 crits also needs to be taken into account as does +%crit damage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    A question for the level 80 Warriors. Is the (Arms -Strength - Discipline) dual axe / rifle build viable all the way to 80? or does the incoming damage ramp up to a point where you have to invest in defensive traits.

I am currently sitting at 43 and level mostly by exploration and don't leave one zone till I fully clear the previous one. With all the running involved in doing this, I really like the crit build, especially the run speed boost you get from the 10 point trait in the discipline line.
    Ha! Doing the same weapon combo and came here to ask the same thing. Heck of a lot of fun so far.

Love that weapon combo and it seems like Precise Strikes and Deep Strike seem like one hell of a combo on its own but I'm still early into leveling my warrior so its just theory on my part.

Question.

There are a few trait skills that activate a skill automatically, such as Defy Pain (activates Endure Pain), Last Stand (activates Balanced Stance), Shrug It Off (activates Shake it Off).

Do you have to have these on your bar for the trait to activate them, or are they there to free up a utility slot for other skills?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexic View Post
    Question.

There are a few trait skills that activate a skill automatically, such as Defy Pain (activates Endure Pain), Last Stand (activates Balanced Stance), Shrug It Off (activates Shake it Off).

Do you have to have these on your bar for the trait to activate them, or are they there to free up a utility slot for other skills?

Thanks.
    They free up a utility slot but Shrug it off has a longer CD than Shake it Off.

I think the Defy Pain trait is the only good one to have.

I prefer to use Balance Stance and Shake it Off myself so I can choose when I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    They free up a utility slot but Shrug it off has a longer CD than Shake it Off.

I think the Defy Pain trait is the only good one to have.

I prefer to use Balance Stance and Shake it Off myself so I can choose when I need them.
    Thanks for the response.

I was going to post a build to critique, but I don't have enough posts yet. Has anybody tried a Sword n Board build yet? I am curious to see if some sort of Condition Damage + Toughness (maybe with shout healing) build could be useful in sPvP.
    Last edited by vexic; 2012-09-05 at 08:40 PM. Reason: grammar

So I've been wondering, which sigil would be best for a Greatsword warrior? I'm stuck between Rage (3s haste, 45s CD) and Force (5% damage)

I'm leaning towards Force, but maybe haste is way better than I assume.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Dodrin; 2012-09-06 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexic View Post
    Question.

Thanks.
    If you have them on your bar and the trait activates it, they don't trigger the cooldown of the one on your bar. So you can get the benefit of it twice.

Also, slightly off topic but Endure Pain is only a 3 second buff even though the tooltip says 5 seconds.