Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novmiech View Post
    it says on every skill how long it lasts. it varies.

examples: sever artery 8s, impale 12s, riposte 12s, bleeding shot 6s.
    I know, but I wanted to know what the duration was for the trait precise strikes that causes bleeding for melee attacks that otherwise wouldn't cause bleeding.

apologies I had those two backwards, no - I have no idea about bleed length. Also the 1 Sword, 2nd chain attack is listed as a bleed even on the wiki but has no duration listed. I wonder if it will remain a bleed or be changed to a strike.

In either case I don't think that the precise stikes alone should make your choice for if you want deep cuts or not. If you went DW sword + gun you would have a total of 5 bleeds to use + the free precise cuts one. I don't think the duration or precise cuts alone would outweigh the bonus damage to the other 5 bleeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on doing dual axe and rifle. The idea is that if if precise strikes procs enough in melee, I won't need to bother with deep cuts since the bleeds will be constantly applying. As for the rifle since your main bread and butter attack is what causes the bleed I think I could keep the bleed up 100% of the time without deep cuts.

Again probably not worth it - they had to balance deeps cuts with that huge amount of bleeds from sword in mind and it still not being OP, I dont think you will get the results you want from rifle 1 and precise strikes alone. But wait until beta to find out I guess. Until then gun mastery looks like was your correct choice IMO.

Edit: remember that bleeds stack in intensity not duration - so just because you have 100% uptime does not mean you cannot get more damage out of it.
    Last edited by Novmiech; 2012-04-12 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rifle 1 is enough to keep 100% bleed uptime with your Rifle. The duration is fairly long, and Rifle 1, like with every weapon, is a no-cooldown auto-attack.

The only question is how long the Precise Strikes bleed lasts, and how the damage of that bleed is decided.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of frustrating because I want a build where both my rifle and axes are equally traited to perform their maximum damage without sacrificing my overall damage, and the only trait that seemed expendable was deep cuts.

If I want a mobility build, what do you suggest guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Is there a base duration on how long bleeds last on a target when untraited? Like for example precise strikes. I really want to know how long the bleeds last so I can know if getting deep cuts is even worth it. if it isn't worth it then http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;NNa...Wda;XXca;ZdXib is my new pve spec.
    Hey roggles - I just watched this video where a mace warrior had the bleed talent. It looked like it was about 1-2 seconds. It was VERY short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=a5btWctwe3c

at about 2:20 he uses the mace burst skill, crits - and gets a bleed effect on target that goes away very quickly.
    Last edited by Novmiech; 2012-04-13 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it lasts for like 2 seconds, the 50% increased duration would make it last only 3 seconds... worrisome.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

The bleed off Rifle 1 is supposedly 6 seconds & 1h sword 1 bleed 8/s without traits. Off hand sword bleed is 12/s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novmiech View Post
    Hey roggles - I just watched this video where a mace warrior had the bleed talent. It looked like it was about 1-2 seconds. It was VERY short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=a5btWctwe3c

at about 2:20 he uses the mace burst skill, crits - and gets a bleed effect on target that goes away very quickly.
    Hmm, that's interesting, thanks for finding that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    If I want a mobility build, what do you suggest guys?
    Well if you want mobility with both melee than dual wield sword or sword/board with greatsword. You'll be brimming with mobility potential. If you want a ranged weapon stick with greatsword and then grab a rifle. Here's a build I slapped together http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;kkf...ZUa;baca;ZjYQZ
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-13 at 04:28 PM.

Well if you want mobility with both melee than dual wield sword or sword/board with greatsword. You'll be brimming with mobility potential. If you want a ranged weapon stick with greatsword and then grab a rifle. Here's a build I slapped together http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;kkf...ZUa;baca;ZjYQZ
    Not bad at all. The discipline tree looks very appealing for PvP.

I just made a random build for PvP, with the combination of a greatsword and longbow.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;paS...UZa;baYa;ZjYQZ

I plan to be switching weapons like a maniac so the combination of Pin down and rush looks interesting.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2012-04-14 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Not bad at all. The discipline tree looks very appealing for PvP.

I just made a random build for PvP, with the combination of a greatsword and longbow.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;paS...UZa;baYa;ZjYQZ

I plan to be switching weapons like a maniac so the combination of Pin down and rush looks interesting.
    Yeah, going in discipline for pvp seems like it will almost always be a must.

Gotta agree. Pretty much want to get the reduced swap cool down in all my builds. Seems too good to pass up even for pve stuff.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I mostly use the alternate weapon set to make up for weaknesses of my primary weapon. I love the dual axe setup, since it's so big on generating adrenaline quickly and maximizing burst skill usage, but I know I'm going to want to do some ranged combat now and then, so I have the Rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;NNa...dWa;Xaca;ZXdVZ Trying to decide whether or not getting stick and move is worth it honestly. If I'm generating an incredible amount of adrenaline there won't be much of a window where stick and move is taking effect.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;NNa...dWa;Xaca;ZXdVZ Trying to decide whether or not getting stick and move is worth it honestly. If I'm generating an incredible amount of adrenaline there won't be much of a window where stick and move is taking effect.
    I'd say it just comes down to play style. For me personally it wouldn't be worth it since I plan to use my burst more situational ways rather then just loading on constant damage. I'm probably just going to be having my bar maxing for extended times.

If you plan to burst pretty much on cool down or right when the bar fills I'd say its a pretty great talent, assuming the amount it increases is worth it, it would practically be a constant damage boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if adrenaline generates up incredibly fast with dual axes, then stick and run won't ever be up for long. It'll be use burst, adrenaline climbs up, waiting for burst skill to come off cd while adrenaline is full. But I'm still not sure how fast it generates.

But if adrenaline generates up incredibly fast with dual axes, then stick and run won't ever be up for long. It'll be use burst, adrenaline climbs up, waiting for burst skill to come off cd while adrenaline is full. But I'm still not sure how fast it generates.
    I guess it's something you will have to play with when we get our hands on it. Though if it does generate too quickly you could perhaps trade Sharpened Axes for another trait. If not, i guess its a bad minor for axes then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I guess it's something you will have to play with when we get our hands on it. Though if it does generate too quickly you could perhaps trade Sharpened Axes for another trait. If not, i guess its a bad minor for axes then
    Yeah, a lot of this stuff can't be decided by theory crafting, makes me want beta really badly.