View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    That looks amazing actually,.
    Models in general could use a lot of improvement - for all races.

Iirc blizzard did claim they planned some work on the races - but with worgen being so new, i doubt they're up first on the list...

It took YEARS for them to finally fix the druid cat/bear models as well,. those were so badly bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    That looks amazing actually,.
    Models in general could use a lot of improvement - for all races.

Iirc blizzard did claim they planned some work on the races - but with worgen being so new, i doubt they're up first on the list...

It took YEARS for them to finally fix the druid cat/bear models as well,. those were so badly bugged.
    Hehe, I just remember the wyvern-tauren-cat thing. The lynx nelf wasn't so bad, but god...The tauren model was heinous. And the bear had the most awful snarl. Come to think of it, it was the same snarl the femworg has.

Here's the old cat forms:
    **LINK**

Yes and also about the cat form. Well, mostly the tauren one. It had some really awful bugs before. LIKE SOME MEGA AWFUL BUGS. Some of them were fixed with the 2.3 update to the old model. (Later they just junked those models completely for the new ones.). The bugs on the femworg are just as bad, if not worse. There's a shit ton on her and they really, really need a fix.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2012-08-17 at 09:52 PM.

And today's modern Feral forms still have bugs, which is disappointing since they came (as far as I can tell) with the revamp. The Cat's back legs crumple when doing anything more than standing still, and the bear, due to it using the new bear mount model instead of the old bear mob model, has a tail that constantly folds back into its butt. The first bug I think may be due to them putting the new model on the old skeleton and the two not meshing well since the new model's so much bulkier than the old one, and neither is totally terrible, but still disheartening that even when making a new model with a reference (so not entirely from scratch) bugs still end up getting through. Nobody's perfect and every model has its clipping issues, but clipping I can forgive in a world of infinite gear combo possibilities, animation bugs, a little less so.
    Makes me a little worried about any revamps they do in the future. Luckily most new models turn out great, and I guess maybe it's just the artist in me that demands constant perfection, but still, you gotta at least try to get them to be perfect every time or they'll start slackin'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poochyena123 View Post
    Full of win xDDD

Made by me! Thanks for posting it for me, I was going to. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go.
    Took me a second, but that's hilarious. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    Heh. We should start a poll in the main forums and see how many people would switch their worgen to the alpha model if it were available as a paid transaction. God knows I would...I've got 6 females and 4? males that would be changed to female.
    Haven't check back in a while did anyone ever do this and I missed it?
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Haven't check back in a while did anyone ever do this and I missed it?
    Not as yet, we've had a alpha thread on the main forums for awhile...was kinda waiting a bit before posting anything else on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    And today's modern Feral forms still have bugs, which is disappointing since they came (as far as I can tell) with the revamp. The Cat's back legs crumple when doing anything more than standing still, and the bear, due to it using the new bear mount model instead of the old bear mob model, has a tail that constantly folds back into its butt. The first bug I think may be due to them putting the new model on the old skeleton and the two not meshing well since the new model's so much bulkier than the old one, and neither is totally terrible, but still disheartening that even when making a new model with a reference (so not entirely from scratch) bugs still end up getting through. Nobody's perfect and every model has its clipping issues, but clipping I can forgive in a world of infinite gear combo possibilities, animation bugs, a little less so.
    Makes me a little worried about any revamps they do in the future. Luckily most new models turn out great, and I guess maybe it's just the artist in me that demands constant perfection, but still, you gotta at least try to get them to be perfect every time or they'll start slackin'.
    The cat's back legs bother me and it could have used an updated skeleton. However, the bear is fine for using the mount model. I believe all bears ended up switching to that skeleton in the end, and it's not extremely buggy. It doesn't bother me that much because it's bugs are not as blatantly obvious as the animation bugs of the female worgen. Hell, when my druid was a female worgen I made sure to spend 98% of my time in either cat form, bear form, or flight form.

The female worgen's bugs show an extreme lack of care and extreme laziness. The fact they've been ignoring the vast amount of glitches, clipping issues, and animation burps on that thing is appalling. For the pandas, they addressed the issue with the eyes and some of the earlier bugs quite quickly in the beta. I guess they put a lot more effort into their models. Heck, the humans don't even have the amount of bugs that the female worgen has and that model is pretty old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    The female worgen's bugs show an extreme lack of care and extreme laziness. The fact they've been ignoring the vast amount of glitches, clipping issues, and animation burps on that thing is appalling. For the pandas, they addressed the issue with the eyes and some of the earlier bugs quite quickly in the beta. I guess they put a lot more effort into their models. Heck, the humans don't even have the amount of bugs that the female worgen has and that model is pretty old.
    Even the ancient human male model manages to do monk animations mostly without issue. If a model made in 2004 can do 2012 animations, why can't a 2010 model do animations it was intended to be built for? =|

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    Even the ancient human male model manages to do monk animations mostly without issue. If a model made in 2004 can do 2012 animations, why can't a 2010 model do animations it was intended to be built for? =|
    Seriously man ... QFMFT.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Have there been any news on reworking any of the models lately? I'm particularly interested in how taurens and dwarves will look and when we're getting them. Worgen would probably be the last to be worked on, and it's the old ones that look the weirdest doing monk movements. I'd just wish the old characters and worgen would look as expressive and smooth as the goblins and pandaren. My worgen lady is a hunter and I don't feel I'm having many problems with battle animations, but that might be a class thing.

I really do want to roll a dwarf and I'd like to make more worgen ladies but it's hard to make them look different from each other. I'm making three pandas but you have more options to make them unique than worgens imo.

AHAHAHA! That is tooooo funny!
    Excellent!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    Have there been any news on reworking any of the models lately? I'm particularly interested in how taurens and dwarves will look and when we're getting them. Worgen would probably be the last to be worked on, and it's the old ones that look the weirdest doing monk movements. I'd just wish the old characters and worgen would look as expressive and smooth as the goblins and pandaren. My worgen lady is a hunter and I don't feel I'm having many problems with battle animations, but that might be a class thing.

I really do want to roll a dwarf and I'd like to make more worgen ladies but it's hard to make them look different from each other. I'm making three pandas but you have more options to make them unique than worgens imo.
    Panda males yes. Panda females, no.

And no, as far as I've seen, no word/pictures on the race revamps. And I know we're all on the edge of our seats about those.

Sig by Isilrien

You know, I saw a cinematic for in-game stuff today (Jade Forest battle, I'll see if I can't find it again.. spoilery though.) And it had a REALLY NICE rework of a Human male model.. Admiral Taylor, I would assume. Maybe that's a hint of what our remodels will look like one day?
    BIG CHUNKUS

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    You know, I saw a cinematic for in-game stuff today (Jade Forest battle, I'll see if I can't find it again.. spoilery though.) And it had a REALLY NICE rework of a Human male model.. Admiral Taylor, I would assume. Maybe that's a hint of what our remodels will look like one day?
    Those models are specially rigged and edited by the DVD Development team. That's why it's not a easy task for them to make those scenes since there are only 20 of them on that team.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2012-08-19 at 07:30 AM.

i hope they do
    Last edited by ESC dontShootMe; 2012-08-21 at 06:20 AM.

YAY! More crappy Photoshopping!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post
    YAY! More crappy Photoshopping!

O_o

That jaw...