Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Auto Attack Is Back

In the interview with Ghostcrawler, he said they added auto attack back to monk. How do we feel about this?

Deleted
    Well,
    i don't like it but it would've made the game unbalanced.

I can understand it, between auto-attacking and having damage done, or doing the same damage by manually clicking it, just doing an auto-attack does the same thing, but with less carpal tunnel syndrome.

Deleted
    I have no problem with it. I can see how it could have been annoying having to wait for an ability to come of CD when you've almost killed a mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    You weren't going to have to wait. The way they wanted it would make it so you were never not pressing something. Instead of white dmg from auto attack it would be balanced with skills that do the same general amount of dmg as a white attack or added into regular attacks but you have enough you are never not hitting a button, something like that. They wanted it to feel like a fighting game, constantly attacking.

It's worked in other mmos, but would be really hard to balance.

I'm not really disappointed at it. I find it hard to get annoyed or sad about something I have never tried in the game. Having no auto attack could have some balancing issues as Myrrar mentioned so I think it is better for World of Warcraft that they do have an auto attack. But as a whole it's not something that will be really noticeable when the game is released I feel

I am happy to hear that...not disappointed or surprised at all.

Eases up the balance issues of that many commands flying around. I don't mind at all, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it would have been cool, but I am not too upset about it not being in the game. As others have said, it would have been hard to balance, especially since the game is designed around CD's and such.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Indifferent. It's still going to be the same, whether or not there is a trickle of white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent. It would have been cool to balance the class without an autoattack, but even with one the idea of chaining skills together (or just busting out my three-point grandaddy of a meatgrinder skill) still feels good man enough like Street Fighter that I'm happy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Indifferent. When I first heard of it, I thought it would be interesting, but I didn't feel like it would make or break the class. I was more interested in the Brewmaster tanking style and the Mistweaver healing / damage synergy than not having an auto attack.

Im not disappointed, I knew it wouldnt make it. More disappointed they mentioned it.

Kinda disappointed because in some games having manual attacks really makes you feel more in control. SWToR did this, but did it kinda badly imo because of a feeling of delay between when you press your bind and when the hit happens, so it ended up just feeling like another wow rotation in that game.

Autoattack vs manual isn't a balance issue in itself at all though guys. This is a simple design decision, not a balance decision. Manual attacks are really cool if the game responds quickly and makes you *feel* like you are actually hitting something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed about it. I'm not upset, but I think it's a bit sad that it didn't make it into the game. It's a very interesting idea and I like the concept of it, but obviously it didn't work out.

I guess the good thing is that Blizzard actually has the balls to abandon things that just doesn't turn out to be good instead of giving us a gimmick which feels clunky and bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Glad to hear it - They were going to be seriously OP in PVP if they were balanced in PVE.

Deleted
    I don't like it but it's understandable. Balancing the game around it would have been incredibly hard. It's farm more important the class is mechanically interesting and different. Rather than simply not having an auto attack, because either way, you're going to be casting abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda happy to see it back. I like auto-attacks that just deal some basic damage while I use my abilities. Is it game-breaking to remove it? No, but there isn't a reason that I've found to take it out. At the very least, it makes it feel like my monk is doing something at all times, even if I'm not pressing buttons.

Deleted
    Makes no difference at all. Most classes are already played style where buttons are smashed all time and any pause is dps loss. Only exception I can remember right now is Rogues.

This is an important and beneficial change. The lack of passive autoattacks means in order to balance out damage, the monk would have to do much more damage with special attacks. This would lead to OP burst (especially in PvP where uptime is not guaranteed and energy pooling is normal).