Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Summoning on by one, just wastes time. Mass Summon is the best thing about Cata LOL

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Pfft...they did it to make us feel "special" Oooooh we the only ones who can summon now again!! WOW! What a talent!!!

Thankfully, Summoning doesn't take one soul shard per person anymore. It was never fun summoning people on progression nights.

A raid full of summons was never an issue if those who were summoned actually contributed instead of leaving it to the original 2/3.

Good riddance. Now people will actually have to travel places and experience the world once again.

This is funny because I remember how much bitching and whining there was (not surprising) over 'Have Group Will Travel" when it was first announced. Now, people are whining that it's being taken out. LOL. Ah WoW players. Gotta love it.

one of the best thing that is implemented in cata, and they wanna remove it?
    hope its just a temporary thing in mop...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Good riddance. Now people will actually have to travel places and experience the world once again.

By travel you mean summoned one by one at the stone?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    i dislike it removing too. ok, it is convinient, but that freaking helps! we dont always have a wl in raids, so in breaks nobody can buy his setitem or something like that. also, since its so easy to port, i help much more often, cuase i dont have to fly 20 mins to do something that takes 2 mins. am i lazy? maybe, but it just helps getting ppl OUT of og or sw to do something in the world like killing a tough rare or help a lowbie. i siriously doubt the replacement can nearly be so good. at least they should give us the option to use summoning stones alone and no matter what level.

HGWT was great for helping friends move around, and level their toons; but raiders are the absolute laziest people I've ever met when it comes close to actual raid time (the ones I have had to deal with). They either aren't prepared (food, flasks, etc) or slack behind because they feel some other importance above the group. Now they'll have to deal with warlocks (me) summoning again, and as I tell every raid, you get one shot, you don't accept the summon, hike it, because it's not coming around a second time snowflake. Don't like it? Boot me from raid, then good luck getting another lock to your location without another summon

I'll start charging for summons once again, thanks for increasing my profits blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    By travel you mean summoned one by one at the stone?
    This lol.

HGWT was added to the game for a reason. Not only is it a bad idea to remove it they're removing it for the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    And so it was, on the fifteenth day of the third month that His Mightiness Ghostcrawler did look upon the Warlock. And in His hear He noticed a grave stirring, one of His most generous of Developers had delivered upon the humble Warlock a number of buffs. And this sight did make His most Developeryness furious. And so did Ghostcrawler decree, once more, shall the Warlock be relegated as summon bitch. (Pandaria 4:34)
    Haha!

Anyway, yeah I can understand this change. It's only been in the game for a relatively short while. One and a bit years? About this time last year a lot of guilds were JUST getting this perk.

I remember being on a pvp realm with my raiding guild, having large fights outside the entrance to Blackrock Descent. The instance itself was only a stone throw's away from Stormwind - about 2 minutes flight time really - and a little bit further for the Horde, who could take the portal to Blasted Lands and fly north, or get a mage portal to Stonard (is there a group portal for that? Not sure). The fights outside raids all ended once people got their perk summons.

The thing is that there was already quite a lot of ways in place to make travelling easier and more convienent. How many times have people used a boat to get across to the other continents at level cap when you can just take one in game portal over (Blasted Lands, Twilight Highlands, Mount Hyjal, etc) and then fly without ever having to whisper a mage or a lock?

Flying mounts, portals, LFG and LFR... all have their purpose, but it's time to step back a little. What's the point of having a game world if no one bothers to leave the cities? Or think that a PERK - an optional part of gameplay that shouldn't be mandatory or necessary for normal functioning - should be baseline?

It just promotes laziness and lack of interaction between player and game, and would only go on to damage the game. It took me a wipe in Dragon Soul before realising just where the hell the end content for 4.3 was at, and I used to make it a game to be the first player at the meeting stone :/

It's the kind of players who don't pay any attention until someone else goes to summon them that would end up complaining a boss encounter is too hard because they need to look at the minimap to see where east or west is when the raid leader is telling them to go AE adds down in a trash fight with 3 special abilities and drops a blue :/

I can appreciate that people enjoyed the convienence (and the trolling to be had with it), but please consider the fact that there already are many time saving abilities and paths added to the game over the years already and that the lack of one will not kill you.

I wish they could actually take it further and actually limit the amount of times a player could use a LFG or LFR in one week. Does two things; you want capped? Take the extra effort to run guild or server groups to an instance or raid. It also does its part in stopping people from taking the piss inside LFG and LFR and taking it for granted like it's their personal sandbox or trolling pit.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

I'm all for it, make everybody get their lazy asses up and move to the instance!
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

It does tend to take away a bit from Warlocks, as ours almost never gets to use his closet. Though it is really nice for getting the raid together.

My suggestion would be to change it so that you can use summoning stones/lock closets solo. That way one person can still summon a raid, just at the stones rather than inside the instance. And as an upgrade, you could have a group summon option that still requires the stones or a closet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    And don't forget locks will have now have to do world-boss spawn duty...stakeout the boss spawn zone and wait for him to spawn,then summon in the raid. With at least on World-boss showing up every 2 hours....sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    This is funny because I remember how much bitching and whining there was (not surprising) over 'Have Group Will Travel" when it was first announced. Now, people are whining that it's being taken out. LOL. Ah WoW players. Gotta love it.
    Your memory must be playing tricks on you, because their was very little bitching about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be removed then no doubt placed back in a little further into the xpacs life cycle, surely. There's only so much pissing about people can take in regards to waiting on others.

I also find it amusing that the people who are supposedly rooting for the idea of it's removal are finally crawling out from under their bandwagon tarps if only to call everyone lazy, but that's typical.

I'm also thinking that Blizzard may just reset the perk so guilds have to earn it again.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2012-03-21 at 01:19 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    It'll be removed then no doubt placed back in a little further into the xpacs life cycle, surely. There's only so much pissing about people can take in regards to waiting on others.

I also find it amusing that the people who are supposedly rooting for the idea of it's removal are finally crawling out from under their bandwagon tarps if only to call everyone lazy, but that's typical.

I'm also thinking that Blizzard may just reset the perk so guilds have to earn it again.
    Or perhaps because they actually are lazy ?
    Raiding managed perfectly fine before its introduction, but people are calling it necessary.
    Raiding did not change in its travel requirements, so therefore players changed.
    They became lazy.

HGWT was nice for serious guilds that tweaked specs/reforges/etc between pulls. Or, in 10 mans, had a healer or tank constantly switching to DPS and needing to reforge. Or, if you have 13 people in your raid, to get the people in SW to the raid if you need them to sub in for a boss.

Examples: when we were on progression H-Madness, and wanted our prot tank to spec into Piercing Howl for snares on p2 adds, he just hearthed, respecced, and we insta-summoned him back without needing a warlock. Our druid goes between resto reforges and boomkin reforges like 3 times a night (heals morchok, boomkins Yors/Zon, heals Hagara, boomkins Ultra/Blackhorn, heal Spine and Madness), and that's because H-DS almost requires odd setups that are non-standard (1 tank with a hybrid bear/cat, or 2 heals, or what have you), our feral cat goes bearcat for H-Spine and H-Madness, our rogue goes assassinaton for Deadly Brew spamming on H-Madness, I go MM on H-Spine when we have no paladin, etc, etc, etc. As for the last example, for many of the two tank fights, we have a regular tank zone out and summon a "real" DPS (IE, someone who is used to DPSing, as opposed to our prot pally's ret spec).

This'll be mitigated somewhat by talents being swappable wherever you are in MoP, but until you can reforge anywhere as well, it's still inconvenient. As for the last part (summoning in bench players), I guess we'll have to actually make them sit outside the instance like the old days. Oh well, I rarely sit.

Remove all summons, including lock one, start walking you lazy...
    I hate ppl that afk til like when the raid starts, then they ask for a summon but for that to happen someone has to be there first, why not have all the lazy bastards walk there?
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-03-21 at 03:41 AM.