View Poll Results: Wich european language do you prefer most?

Voters
209. This poll is closed
  • Czech

1 0.48%
  • Danish

14 6.70%
  • Dutch

13 6.22%
  • English

79 37.80%
  • Finnish

9 4.31%
  • French

15 7.18%
  • German

22 10.53%
  • Greek

4 1.91%
  • Irish

4 1.91%
  • Italian

9 4.31%
  • Polish

4 1.91%
  • Portugues

5 2.39%
  • Romanian

3 1.44%
  • Spanish

8 3.83%
  • Swedish

19 9.09%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'd have gone with Russian, Estonian, or Bulgarian, but I can't, so I went with English.
    So go with Czech, Polish or Romanian... Being Slavic languages, they sound similar.

I like the sound of French...

Svensk FTW! Don't speak much though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    So go with Czech, Polish or Romanian... Being Slavic languages, they sound similar.
    Polish sounds nothing like Russian, to be honest. Neither does Romanian. Czech maybe a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

any of the romance languages.. spanish, french, portugese, italian.. etc..

Deleted
    I prefer English over Swedish even though I'm from Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have to say italian beacause is my language, english cause is the language with you can comunicate with all of the world and french for the way it sounds
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    English. There is a reason that a lot of other countries learn it right along with their native language.

Deleted

I like the sound of French...
    I'd go Swedish(guess why:P) and English, but when I was younger, I really liked Irish and Scotish (gaelic?) too.

Oh and about the quote. Estonian = hillbilly Finnish, or the other way around depending on who you ask:P It has nothing to do with Slavic languages, they sound more like Japanese if anything.

Deleted
    Luxembourgish

Deleted
    I speak English, Dutch, German and French and I'm learning Polish at the moment, but out of all those I'd have to pick Polish because it sounds so cute/funny ;d

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Italian, because I think the language gives the same robust vibe as japanese. But accent-wise, I really wish I had an English accent... chicks go crazy for that here in america

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for english, even though my main language is swedish and I live in Finland... but tbh many dialects of swedish simply sounds ridiculous and finnish is a fucking ugly language, I hate it ugh.

Would be so much easier if everyone would just speak english :P

I like English the most and it's different accents (Scottish, Irish) and I love Irish Gaelic. On the other hand I don't like almost every language which is spoken in countries east from Slovakia.

LOL, no way!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like English the most because it's fluid, straightforward and I like the sound of it. It felt so much easier to learn compared to French, which I had to learn since it's an official language here. German is nice to describe things precisely and to speak intellectually (Swiss is my everyday language, German the official/written language). What sounds best though is Italian, sadly I was too lazy to learn that too, I would have gladly traded it for French.
    But English is my favourite language to speak in, it just rolls off your tongue.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Flemish dutch, not netherlandish dutch. VLAANDEREN DE LEEUW!
    Worst Dutch accent ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbFvcnHQ5-U

I
    s why I think Estonian is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    english

very simple, no need to memorize many diff variations to every word, plus exceptions.

then again im learning Mandarin!

Deleted
    Lol, nobody loves Romanian... but it's my second most loved language, because it's easy and nice. First is german and third is english.

Arabic?

10char

1 - Portuguese ( from Portugal ) - The most beautiful language in the world, recognized by a lot of historians. I know, i know you can say i say this just because is my language but really, it's beautiful. More people should know about it.

2 - English - Really beautiful language too. Can understand it almost perfectly except when weird ascents xD. Can also speak, write and read just fine.

3 - French - When i study it at school i didn't liked it and never made an effort to learn it. I regret it now. I can understand some though.

4 - Italian . Just in some occasions though. Can understand most of it but can't write or say anything lol.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2012-03-21 at 09:20 AM.