Cast Focus Macros for Melee healing.

I was thinking about how I did this as a pally back in the day of WotLK. I separated offensive (Judgement, Exorcism, Crusader strike) using the macro to cast at your focus. What if we were to use this sort of thing to assist us in keeping an eye on our party as well as using melee against the boss without having to switch targets.

1- Setup the Cast at focus macro for offensive spells (there only appear to be 3-5 that help build Chi)
    2- Set boss or mob as your focus
    3- Make sure you stand within their hitbox for melee range
    4- ??????
    5- Profit

I'm just excited to play a battle healer since Holy Pallys during a brief patch filled this role.

What are your thoughts?

Yeah, that works, or if you use a clique to cast UI (vudho, healbot, grid+clique) You can just leave the boss targeted all the time and click the unit frames to cast heals on people. Works just as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. I use ToT macros currently for Smite healing and Lightning Bolt regen on Disc/Resto. As Keiyra said, there's really no reason to unselect the boss w/Grid, etc but for multiple mobs/trash, I like to just select the tank/MA and rely on ToT macros for my dps abilities. That way I don't have to worry about focusing too much on multi-add targeting while also watching Grid + environment.

I use Healbot with mouseovers bound to my extra mouse buttons for all my healing stuff. Before I had a million-button mouse I just used the regular left/right click Healbot gives you with mouseover macros for the spells I needed.

I imagine something similar to healing spells bound to my mouse and dps abilities to my keyboard will work fine for my setup. For those without a million-button mouse, a few extra keybinds should work just fine.

Target of target or assist focus set to the tank work in pretty much the same way. I find assisting my tank focus easier so I don't even need to select the tank, lol.

Monk healing is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Hell, monk anything I'm looking forward to. It's going to be hard choosing only two of the three for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Thats right, I always forget addons when I think about new ideas. I've never used healbot but the clique/grid combo I love because of my Naga Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post
    Thats right, I always forget addons when I think about new ideas. I've never used healbot but the clique/grid combo I love because of my Naga Razor.
    Yeah they all work pretty much the same now, healbot, vudhu, grid+clique are more or less interchangeable at least in terms of providing the basic unitframes+click casting.

Monks do actually have an autoattack now, so you'd probably want the boss targetted fulltime so that you can benefit from autoattack+jade statue heals whenever you're not casting or casting instants.

I plan on having my offensive abilities/utility powers keybound on my action bar and my targeted heals on clique.