Thread: Am i crazy?

10+ Year Old Account

Am i crazy?

I have been called noob, idiot, newfa*, because i say that i enjoy playing Annie as my main.
    Comments are always the same when they see i got a skin for her.

"Dude wtf, why annie?, pick Brand, Veigar or Leblanc!"
    "Noob, Annie sucks at ranked, gl with that"
    "I hate Annies, such an useless champion"
    "You should uninstall if you plan to play Annie at ranked"

I usually own mid, unless the other mid is Leblanc or Morgana. And i like to think that im good,i have done 2 pentas, and went 26/2/10 on a normal game at level 22 with annie.
    Im currently level 26.. is it really that bad? does annie really suck at ranked?
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-03-19 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. She's not a top pick, but she's certainly not a bad one either.

Deleted
    shes not bad but she certainly isn't one of best picks out there and some people freak out if you don't play the very best, or maybe they are just butthurt because they got raped by Annies before...we all did.
    Play what you want to play but try to use other champions and not just stick to one, especially when you get into rankeds later on and want to counter some of their picks.

You play ranked at lvl 26?
    Anyways, ALL Champs are viable. Some are gimicky like hiemer whos a poke champ.
    Hell i even been yelled at for playing support champs at 1500 elo, and being called a n00b for having negative kills/deaths (idiots)
    Annie have realy good burst, good CC and a shield. Shes a realy good ap carry if played well, so tell your "friends" to stfu, since they obviusly dont know what they are talking about.
    ( on a side note, i dont play annie myself )
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Deleted
    Play whatever you like,
    if you're good with her and you enjoy it why should you change?

Deleted
    How can you play ranked at lvl 26? As far as i know it unlocks at lvl 30. There are lots of counters for annie, and most champions now have a lot better range than her and also better escapes. She isnt bad, but there are lots of better choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I care too much about what people say instead of doing my own thing, so i come on mmo-champion to get other peoples opinions so i don't feel like i'm the only one" summed it up for those who don't want to read it.
    /thread
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore them. Annie is still a decent pick. It's arguable that Brand, Cass, etc are better, but if you do fine with her than so be it. Flash - Ulti - W - Q - Ignite is still usually a guaranteed kill.

Also you're not good. Don't even try to think you're skilled until you hit 30, the game doesn't even start until then.

Deleted
    Annie brings aoe damage and an aoe stun to the table. This is by no means bad. heck, Annie even gets played a lot in NA comps. That said Brand has straight up more aoe damage but also at the same time no aoe stun.

all in all there really are no "omg what the hell?" picks in this game. all champions are pretty equal but some are definitely going to have a harder time such as Eve.

Just to show how dumb your friends are, Sooner a 2k elo player, has an account that he only uses Karma on, karma, along with eve are general consider the two worst picks in LoL, yet he has reached 1.9k elo with that account, making it one of the top 3000 i believe in the world!! and thats playing a "bad" champion only. Also there was a player who reached 2.1k using only mundo, and theRainMan who was top ranked using only teemo, theres are all "troll" picks, but in solo que that means nothing, so dont listen to them and play what you like!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    Annie brings aoe damage and an aoe stun to the table. This is by no means bad. heck, Annie even gets played a lot in NA comps. That said Brand has straight up more aoe damage but also at the same time no aoe stun.

all in all there really are no "omg what the hell?" picks in this game. all champions are pretty equal but some are definitely going to have a harder time such as Eve.
    I'd say Eve having a harder time than other champs is an understatement. She is pretty easily the worst champ in the game and needs a rework pretty badly.

OT: Annie is def not a troll pick, even if there are stronger AP carries. I'd rather have someone who knows Annie well playing Annie, as opposed to playing Brand, LB, Kass etc that they are not familiar with on the same level.

Annie is pretty damn good. Stunning on her R in a team fight is likely a win for the team. Just keeping your stun in reserve can either save your butt or allow for a great burst combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found out a long time ago to play to your strengths. A lot of people get hung up on tier list or the last champ that stomped them. One day a champ could be see as garbage and the next its OP without a single patch, all it takes is for that champ to have a good tournament showing. There are tons of "bad" champs that came up overnight because a pro player did well with them. I personally think Leblanc and Veigar are bad picks. Leblanc becomes irrelavent quick if you don't feed her, which is pretty easy not to and Veigar shines only if the other team can't finish the game. Veigar's whole purpose is to end long games. Annie has her AOE stun with is amazing in the right hand.

I remember one day I caught hell in solo q because I picked Teemo to top because he countered my opponent. I carried that game so hard the other team was screaming OP. Its all about knowing your own personal strengths and weaknesses. A lot of people will tell you Vayne is better than Ashe but for whatever reason I suck with Vayne but I win 90% of my games as Ashe. Or as a junglers, I can't play Shaco if my life depended on its, but with Udyr, Naut, Sej, I destroy. Notice only of those champs are "God Tier".

Deleted
    If Annie is a bad pick, i'll bloody quit LoL.

OT: When i play with my ranked team, our mid often plays Annie, as she is amazing with a co-ordinated team. She's a Go-In-Take-Two-With-You-Die champion.
    I see a lot of people building her "tanky", which i disagree with strongly, as she just has to go in (pref. with flash), fucking nuke the enemy team with her AoE, and die. Or live, if the enemies doesn't focus her, give and take...

When our mid is Annie, we ban LB specifically, otherwise our mid can take on nearly anyone else we've met. It's often down to player skill and playing what you're comfortable with. A good Annie can win many mids with well-timed Flash/Ignite kills, dominating and ganking like a boss.
    Annie's ratios are good, she had double AoE skill with high base damage and AoE Stun... I don't get how people think she's bad.
    Maybe not the strongest pick in duo/single queue, true, but not the worst. She shines in 5v5 premades.