Page 1 of 55
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mafia Game 7: Mafia Victory!

MAFIA GAME 7: RETURN OF THE TOWNIES

It is a dark time for the town of Vanilla. The mafia has ravaged the town last week and for some reason, more people have decided to move back in! There's also something else wrong. A nearby nuclear reactor has leaked some radiation into the nearby forest and radioactive frogs with teeth have evolved with the ability to transmit lycanthropy! It is unsure if anyone has been bitten at this point, but things are looking grim for the town of Vanilla...

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING DO NOT POST!

General

• Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage.
    • Editing of posts is forbidden. (I will allow a 10 minute window for you to edit for grammar, but edits outside the 10 minute window will be punished)
    • Deleting posts is forbidden.
    • Quoting/Screenshotting anything provided by me in a PM as evidence is forbidden. You must use your words to convince others of any role claims you make.

You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that not everyone is trustworthy and anything can be faked.

Night phase

• Both threat groups will choose someone to kill.
    • The Cop/Seer investigates someone, and receive results in the form of Mafia/Townie or Werewolf/Townie at dawn.
    • A traitor that is protected by the JoAT will still be converted; a traitor that is jailed by the JoAT will not. If goons/werewolves both target a traitor on the same night, the traitor simply dies from tug of war.
    • Events occur in the following order: Jail/Protect > Conversions > Night kills

No other players are allowed to discuss anything in the thread at this time (it's night, you're asleep!).

Day phase

Everybody has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten more than half the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote.

To vote for someone, use VOTE: [Player]
    To remove your vote, use UNVOTE on a line by itself.
    To change your vote, use UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer] to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: [Player]

Roles

Role: Vanilla Townie
    Ability: Your vote is your weapon. You have no night action.
    Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Role: Cop
    Ability: Investigate - Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Mafia/Townie.
    Role: Seer
    Ability: Investigate - Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Werewolf/Townie.
    Role: Mafia Goon/Godfather
    Abilities: Factional communication - You may talk with your partners here.
    Factional kill - Each night phase, you and your partners may perform the factional kill.

Godfather ablities:
    Investigation Immune - The Godfather shows up as a townie when investigated by the Cop.
    Final Say - The Godfather (elected democratically) may choose to make the final decision when performing a kill.
    Convert - The Godfather can convert any traitors that find their way to his/her door at night.
    Win condition: You win when all Townies and Werewolves have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
    Role: Werewolves/Alpha
    Abilities: Factional communication - You may talk with your partners here.
    Factional kill - Each night phase, you and your partners may perform the factional kill.

Alpha abilities:
    Investigation Immune - The Alpha shows up as a townie when investigated by the Seer.
    Final Say - The Alpha (elected democratically) may choose to make the final decision when performing a kill.
    Convert - The Alpha can convert any traitors that find their way to his/her cabin at night.
    Win condition: You win when all Townies and Goons have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
    Role: Traitor
    Ability: When attacked by a mafia goon/werewolf, you will convince them to let you join their group. When investigated, you will appear as a townie before being converted, and a goon/wolf afterwards. At night you may seek out a Godfather/Alpha to be converted. If you accidentally seek out the cop/seer, you will be killed.
    Win condition: You will have the same win condition as the group you are in. You lose if you die before being converted.
    Role: Jack of All Trades
    Each night you may take on a different role. You cannot perform an investigative role (cop/seer) two nights in a row.
    Roles: Cop, Seer, Jail Keeper, Doctor. (if you are unsure how Jail Keeper/Doctor work, see a previous game for a description)
    Record Keeping: You record all your records in a diary. Should you be killed your diary will be passed on to the killer, or given to the town in the case that you are lynched.
    Remaining Composition

Threats
    1 Mafia Goons
    1 Mafia Godfather
    1 Werewolves
    1 Traitors

Town
    1 Cop
    1 Seer
    4 Vanilla Townies

Alive Players
    Army of Darkness
    Dyra
    Eniah
    Foxximcleod
    Holz
    Kumduh
    Nightfury Treann
    Rixis
    Rolo4804
    Valoranos

Dead Players
    Shabalios, Mafia Goon
    Krayzy, Vanilla Townie
    Wasselina, Alpha
    Prez-, Traitor
    Firebert, Werewolf
    Gibbsy999, Jack of all trades

Voting Record
    Day1-
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    9 to lynch
    kumduh: Val
    Shab: Wass, kumduh, Firebert, Prez-, Rixis, holz, Treann, Army, Krayzy

Not Voting: Foxxi, Dyra, Eniah, Gibby, Rolo
    Day2-
    7 to lynch
    Gibbsy(1): Firebert
    Army(1): Gibbsy
    Firebert(1): Treann
    Val(1): Foxxi
    Prez-(7):Army, rolo, Eniah, holz, kumduh, Rixis, Val
    Kumduh(1): Dyra
    (note: day 2 might be wrong)

Day3-
    Takes 6 to Lynch:

Dyra(1): Foxxi
    Gibbsy(6): kumduh, holz, Rixis, Val, rolo, Army
    kumduh(2): Dyra, Gibbsy
    holz(1): Eniah

Not voting: Treann
    Day 1. With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch. The deadline is Thursday @ 1:00 AM EST.
    Last edited by Loaf; 2012-03-26 at 01:09 PM.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks up from pouncing Worgen's tail*

Oh hello.

FoS ALL THE PEOPLES!!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Welcome to Bookmarks!

No role atm

But as ever

FoS Army of Darkness
    FoS Dyra
    FoS Eniah
    FoS Firebert
    FoS Foxximcleod
    FoS Holz
    FoS Krayzy
    FoS Kumduh
    FoS Nightfury Treann
    FoS Prez-
    FoS Rixis
    FoS Rolo4804
    FoS Shabalios
    FoS Valoranos
    FoS Wasselina

I just got back from dinner and was about to do the thread

I'll go ahead and format this one for you Worgenite since you've gotten everything going.

Deleted
    FoS all the people
    Vote all the people
    unvote all the people

Hai

Gonna go to bed soon, and I don't know if I'll be able to post here before tomorrow afternoon (GMT+1)

Vote: Nightfury Treann

i can't stand all this pressure!!!!!!!!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

FoS Everyone
    Vote Treann

He's obviously like, a suicide bomber or something, and wants us to all gather around him so the explosion kills us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the damn Mafia wiki and look up all the roles.

Damn me for not keeping up with MMO-Mafia since Mafia Scum 3...
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

O Hai!
    And goodnight :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the damn Mafia wiki and look up all the roles.

Damn me for not keeping up with MMO-Mafia since Mafia Scum 3...
    I imagine Kumduh will modify Worgen's original post to have the rules and what each role does.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hi!

My power is in my vote apparently.

I think I'll have a bbq at my house. Everyone is invited. I'll be able to figure out who is mafia, wolf, and townie by their choices in food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Oh hi!

My power is in my vote apparently.

I think I'll have a bbq at my house. Everyone is invited. I'll be able to figure out who is mafia, wolf, and townie by their choices in food.
    I'll take anything except for Pasta or Steak. I don't like those^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I imagine Kumduh will modify Worgen's original post to have the rules and what each role does.
    Well. I know what mafia, godfathers, cops and Vanilla townies do. I'm guessing that the wolves and alphas are similar, traitors are like serial killers, and Jack of all Trades can be anyone? >_>
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I just finished editing the OP. The only roles I didn't include full descriptions of are doctor/jail keeper.

Well. I know what mafia, godfathers, cops and Vanilla townies do. I'm guessing that the wolves and alphas are similar, traitors are like serial killers, and Jack of all Trades can be anyone? >_>
    The traitors are antitown players that aren't aligned with a faction until converted. The goons/wolves are basically the same thing with different names. There is only 1 JoAT, and they can perform 4 different roles.

Deleted
    traitors are like serial killers
    Wrong. When a traitor gets killed by mafia/wolves he joins their faction. He can search for the Godfather/Alpha wolve every night and join that way too

10+ Year Old Account
    Traitors are normal townies that try and get recruited into the mafia / wolves. If they manage to get themselves recruited then they become part of that team.

Jack of all Trades can be any of the townie power roles but not the same role on back to back nights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I can tell you that one. Well Worgen's post has been adjusted so it can tell you too now, but the JoAT can be the Cop, the Seer, the Jail Keeper or the Doc, but never the same role on consecutive nights. So you can be Seer night 1, but only the Cop, Jail Keeper or Doc roles are available for night 2, night 3 you could be Seer again but not the role you were on night 2. And so on.

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Do we not get a Jail Keeper or Doctor save whenever the JoAT becomes one!!
    Last edited by Dyra; 2012-03-19 at 11:43 PM.

Nope! Also since there are very few threats, the JoAT can't perform investigations back to back. This means we'll have a doctor/jailer at least every other night. I suppose we can revert that though, but I think 3 investigations each night would be too many considering there are only 3 threats / team at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they can protect back to back right?

So alternating Doc and JK roles?

Yes. Generally the JoAT will investigate every chance they get until the only thing left is the Godfather/Alpha which are investigation immune. At that point jailor becomes the best thing.