Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Companies that support anti-bullying

What do you guys think of companies that support anti-bullying?

At first it seemed hypocritical because a lot of the companies that are anti-bullying bully themselves,

But also, I think bullying is kind of good for society... we are after all a society based on survival of the fittest. Bullying is just are instincts separating the weak from the strong. The positive aspect of bullying is that we teach kids at an early age that there are winners and losers. Kids that are bullied grow up to be more successful because they are motivated to be on top. In fact some of the most successful and famous people were bullied as children: eg. Bill Gates, Tiger Woods, Howard Stern, Bill Clinton,... etc... I mean just think, if Tiger Woods hadn't been bullied and tied to a tree in kindergarden he wouldn't have developed that fierce will to win and beat all others on the golf course (hell even his college roommate at Stanford called him Eurkel).

Anyway, here are the companies/people that support anti-bullying and why it seems hypocritical,

1) WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment - "Be A Star" Campaign - WWE is full of guys who bully each other (heels) and mock the crowd

2) Michelle Obama - Democrats frequently bully Republicans

3) State of New Jersey - new law gives $1,000,000 to combat bully's - Tax dollars at work

4) Dan Savage - Blogger - Runs an anti-bullying campaign called "It Gets Better" - Savage is more famously known as the guy who spends all his free time writing articles full of obscene language about Rick Santorum
    Last edited by aaronk333; 2012-03-20 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like you're trying to subtly lead a conversation into a warzone...

"Kids that are bullied grow up to be more successful because they are motivated to be on top."

If they don't commit suicide over it. I'm frankly quite glad i grew up when social media was still in it's infancy. Now-a-days you can be in contact with bullies 100% of the time and you won't necessarily know who they are.

Inb4: kids need to grow thicker skin.

EDIT: What do i think about companies that support anti-bullying? Good on them for trying to make a difference.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2012-03-20 at 11:15 PM.

This is not going to end well.

Bullying is very different from WWE as one of your examples.

Your other 2 'examples' are simply non existent.

Bullying has no place in society.

But then seeing as you are in full support of survival of the fittest, I suggest you try the Spartan method and go survive in the wilderness for a week with wolves and bears with nothing but a loin cloth and a spear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    But also, I think bullying is kind of good for society... we are after all a society based on survivial of the fittest. Bullying is just are instincts separating the weak from the strong. The positive aspect of bullying is that we teach kids at an early age that there are winners and losers.
    No. There's oppressed and oppressors. No one wins from this.

1) WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment - "Be A Star" Campaign - WWE is full of guys who bully each other (heels) and mock the crowd
    WWE is scripted.

But then seeing as you are in full support of survival of the fittest, I suggest you try the Spartan method and go survive in the wilderness for a week with wolves and bears with nothing but a loin cloth and a spear.
    Most of the modern world does live in this type of environment already. Its called capitalism. There are those that succeed and those that fail. We should be teaching kids who get bullied to get up off the ground and better themselves so that they will be prepared.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account

At first it seemed hypocritical because a lot of the companies that are anti-bullying bully themselves,

But also, I think bullying is kind of good for society... we are after all a society based on survival of the fittest. Bullying is just are instincts separating the weak from the strong. The positive aspect of bullying is that we teach kids at an early age that there are winners and losers. Kids that are bullied grow up to be more successful because they are motivated to be on top. In fact some of the most successful and famous people were bullied as children: eg. Bill Gates, Tiger Woods, Howard Stern, Bill Clinton,... etc... I mean just think, if Tiger Woods hadn't been bullied and tied to a tree in kindergarden he wouldn't have developed that fierce will to win and beat all others on the golf course (hell even his college roommate at Stanford called him Eurkel).

Anyway, here are the companies/people that support anti-bullying and why it seems hypocritical,

3) State of New Jersey - new law gives $1,000,000 to combat bully's - Tax dollars at work

4) Dan Savage - Blogger - Runs an anti-bullying campaign called "It Gets Better" - Savage is more famously known as the guy who spends all his free time writing articles full of obscene language about Rick Santorum
    when private corporations and private citizens want to do something.. more power to them.. I'm 100% for anyone who wants to try to help other people have a better life..

the problem is that retaliation against bullies is prohibited.. it used to be.. if you got picked on.. you either find away to get away from the situation.. or fight back.. you both get into trouble.. but typically the bully will not want to get punched in the face again..

option 2.. lawyer up!! there are tons of attorneys willing to jump on stuff like this
    Last edited by ishootblanks; 2012-03-20 at 11:27 PM.
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Have you seen any of the current heels in the campaign?
    Yes. His name is David Otunga. He is currently a heel who mocks and beats down others. He was one of the superstars who appeared for the WWE and spoke in front of a classroom full of children.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/.../lilian-garcia

"Big Show and David Otunga, along with WWE Executive Vice President of Creative Stephanie McMahon, spoke out against bullying at a be a STAR Alliance rally Thursday in Bridgeport, Connecticut. The trio rallied a group of 850 students at Luis Munoz Marin School as Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch and State Representative Andres Ayala Jr. presented McMahon with a citation for the organization's fight against bullying.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0315/550680/lilian-garcia/#ixzz1phcSVz56"

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the modern world does live in this type of environment already. Its called capitalism. There are those that succeed and those that fail. We should be teaching kids who get bullied to get up off the ground and better themselves so that they will be prepared.
    That's a different lesson than dealing with bullying. Bullying is usually done by a leader and multiple people against one. The only you get from retaliation is an escalation of attacks.

10+ Year Old Account

That's very true. They kick off the Ba* campaign, and at the same time they pulling the newest feud stunt between Chris Jericho and C.M. Punk where Jericho humiliates Punk on live TV for his fathers alcoholism and his sisters drug addictions.
    I mean, come on. A large portion of the WWE's fans are kids and teens. The very target group of their anti bully campaign.

Michelle Obama listed here doesn't get to me tho.
    Generally I wouldn't put politicians in such list. You confusing political/election propaganda with bullying.
    All politicians are "full of it"...
    And if any would take the cake home, then certainly the right wing faction...

Is.. is this a joke? Please, tell me this is a joke. You saying this shows you know absolutely dick about politics, on top of the fact that you're trying to promote bullying which I think is completely fucked up. You're using the example of Tiger Woods being tied to a fucking tree which would help his golf game in the long run. No, that's simply not true and there's absolutely 0 logic behind any of your points.

Where does it stop? Is racial bullying now acceptable to promote thick skin? Bullying homosexuals just because of their sexual preference? No, no. You sir, are an embarrassment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    Is.. is this a joke?
    The entire post is a joke. Even if it's supposed to be serious.

None of what the OP says makes any sense. I could link article after article of kids who commited suicide because of the bullying they endured during school(including a good friend of mine).

Yes. His name is David Otunga. He is currently a heel who mocks and beats down others. He was one of the superstars who appeared for the WWE and spoke in front of a classroom full of children.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/.../lilian-garcia

"Big Show and David Otunga, along with WWE Executive Vice President of Creative Stephanie McMahon, spoke out against bullying at a be a STAR Alliance rally Thursday in Bridgeport, Connecticut. The trio rallied a group of 850 students at Luis Munoz Marin School as Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch and State Representative Andres Ayala Jr. presented McMahon with a citation for the organization's fight against bullying.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0315/550680/lilian-garcia/#ixzz1phcSVz56"
    Otunga is not a heel, sorry. Plus he is an actor with a script given to him of what to say/how to act.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a WWE campaign, it includes the entire roster. Good guys, and Bad guys, doesn't matter.
    But you can call Otunga a current heel, most certainly.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-03-20 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It's a WWE campaign, it includes the entire roster. Good guys, and Bad guys, doesn't matter.
    But you can call Otunga a current heel, most certainly.
    Compared to heels of the past, he isn't. The only person currently that I'd consider a heel is Jericho.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP comes off as biased.

I would love to see a Democrat bullying a Republican. Democrats let Republicans walk all over them.

WWE is fake, you know? Those are actors. I knew that when I was 10 and I hope kids today know that as well.

Rick Santorum is offensive. His very existence is offensive. How can anyone say anything offensive about a guy that is a walking offense?

Ya, wedgies and swirlies are great for building character...
    I like sandwiches

I was bullied throughout my school years for being obese and smart. I knew that it was simply character building and the bullies would never make it very far. They were simply a tough life test to encourage my drive to success. Today I am in-shape, have a wonderful career and personal life living it up in the tropics and sure enough the bullies are all still in the same town poor and with many ex-wives and children and/or in jail. Sure some people in this world don't find the drive to be better than their abusers and end up doing foolish things like committing suicide. News flash to the modern populace, not everyone in this world is meant to be a winner. If there are no losers you end up with an average coddled stagnant community that is fated to fail because they depend on older generations to provide for them. Second news flash, eventually your parents and their peers in the older and wiser generation making billions on coddling your generation is going to die.

Not sure if trolling or if you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Also, get the fuck away with your "bullying is kind of good" talk. Bullies are scum, inconfident people who can't stand the idea that so many people are better than them and feel the need to take the chance to shine out of every person they can manipulate. They are parasites. Leeches

As someone who was bullied heavily in early high school for being the overweight nerd, I highly disagree with all of your examples.

Writing smear campaigns, and mocking each other in front of a crowd for entertainment is far different from walking up to a kid with way less than half your strength, pushing him into a locker then spilling his papers all over the floor.

Adults that get smeared in political campaigns might lose elections, kids that get bullied in school MIGHT commit suicide, or murder their classmates. Don't worry, neither idea ever crossed my mind. Though I did shove one of the football players through a door with all of his friends watching... which happened to be the last day they messed with me...

Now that I think about it, my junior and senior years I gained a lot of respect amongst the "In Crowd", though I was still very much in my shell at the time...