Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I used recount for the longest time but there was some patch in which it was causing loading issues and DCs for me (even after updating it, then rolling back to an older version, etc.). So I swapped to Skada.

I didn't like skada at first because I think recount is better looking but I've come to prefer it. The data seems more accurate to me. And actually, now that I'm used to skada, it fits in better with my general UI profile.

I also really like that skada has a seperate tab for absorbs and then absorbs and healing. Recount was basically useless as a tool for evaluating healers since it didn't track absorbs or at least was really poor at doing so. Skada is much better, I still prefer to do more extensive evaluations on WoL but for checking stuff out on the fly between attempts skada does much better at presenting useful information to try to get healing fixed if it's a problem.

try checking in Recount the healing done in Spine, then check on Skada, then check on WoL

for the ones that dont want the trouble, Recount dont count any heal from healing Searing Plasma debuff, Skada and WoL do

has for Damage meter, almost all of them is the same, just difeers the Activity dps (skada) or Made dps only (recount)

has for healing meter, Recount is the worse, skada for ex counts Spirit Link has healing and WoL does not

basically all depends of your preference

Recount seems to drop my fps a lot in 25 player raids compared to skada. There is sometimes a very small difference in the damage on skada compared to recount and i'm not sure what causes it (and it's nothing to do with adding pet damage to owners).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Recount seems to drop my fps a lot in 25 player raids compared to skada. There is sometimes a very small difference in the damage on skada compared to recount and i'm not sure what causes it (and it's nothing to do with adding pet damage to owners).
    I have to know because I simply don't see it. For those people claiming performance loss using Recount, just how old are your computers?

Used Recount for two years, tried Skada, and wondered why I haven't used Skada earlier..

10+ Year Old Account
    Skada is*technically*more accurate as it uses pure combat damage/time. Where recount uses active damage/time.

WoL uses the recount method, hence why it is so popular*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    In our raid we tend to have 3~4 using Skada and the rest using Recount and usually everyone using Skada pulls up different results, while everyone on Recount has the exact same values.

Plus, our Recount values always match our WoL data (unlike what has been claimed before), so it's good. Now I just make sure to bring one person with Skada so he can link top dmg against a specific target (like the adds on Yorsajh HC) as I can't do that with Recount, it seems.
    You can. It's in damage taken, and you need to enable record against non trivial and trivial adds in the settings.

Deleted
    4 months necro ?

Deleted
    Recap is by far the best addon if you like accurate and specific information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunhound45 View Post
    Skada is*technically*more accurate as it uses pure combat damage/time. Where recount uses active damage/time.

WoL uses the recount method, hence why it is so popular*
    Doesn't WoL show both DPS and DPS[e]?

I also noticed that many top guild raidleaders use skada aswell, such as Kungen from Nihilum. So it can't be that off.

I prefer Skada cause it's more lightweight, which is good especially in a 25m raiding team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Skada, takes up less memory and looks cooler with better options imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Skada because it allows you to place more than one window on your screen at the same time and I have a healing meter and a damage done meter in the bottom right corner of my screen so I can see both at any given time at one glance. If Recount can do that, I haven't figured it out yet.

My husband runs Recount which I suppose could be the reason I often glance at his where it's showing slightly different results than show up on mine. I've started running logs to upload to WorldofLogs for my raids so I suppose I'll just look at that if I need to get the most accurate number on damage done. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Skada user here, it matches WoL logs more accurately in my experience and it uses less memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Skada user here, it matches WoL logs more accurately in my experience and it uses less memory.
    same here...had dps differences with recount years ago since those days i only use skada and WoL. skada is more accurate in my experience than recount