10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    Plus with a Paladin in your raid he will pull so much threat that after a while the bats will always go for him when they spawn, making the job of picking them up really really easy.
    Yea this happened. Was cake just running up to him and breathing fire for like 200k dps. We got him to 40% on just 5 pulls with 2 standbys...he'll die later this next week.

Is this hypothetical "Stopping 'fire' from giving vengeance" nonsense even going to impact BrM significantly?

I mean I know there's some meter padding we can do with it, but, afaik, nothing we do, none of the insane damage we reliably and consistently do, is in any way from taking avoidable damage intentionally.

Seems like a trivial nerf, or at best targetted at pallies, not BrM.

I think the big culprit here is stagger, and not "taking unnecessary damage". Horridon, Iron Qon and Lei Shen - probably the 3 most commonly cited fights where vengeance can be extremely high - all have special abilities that can easily be staggered and trivialised. Not saying that I want stagger to be nerfed - it's extremely fun as it is right now.

I'll repeat what I already said in another thread - these nerfs and changes are trying to fix the wrong problem. The simple fact is that brewmasters and protection paladins are better designed with respect to the tanking philosophy of Mists. Apart from perhaps some numbers tuning, we are both fine. The other 3 classes, however, might need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    With item upgrades coming back to the game, which pieces would you guys suggest upgrading first?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aelin/advanced

I am fairly new to Brewmaster, so I'm wondering if I should go weapons and trinkets first, as I am planning for my other classes? Or chest/head/legs pieces for higher stat gain? Tanking 10man only, if it changes anything (probably weapons then, for better dps output).
    The stuff that gives you the most stats. Usually weapons, trinkets, and the pieces you mentioned.

It's nowhere near as costly to make an item upgrade mistake this time around though, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. Upgrade the high ilevel stuff/stuff you won't replace soon, then get the rest when you can. Pool VP as much as you can too, and upgrade items only when you're going to hit the hard cap; should minimse the 'oh noes I upgraded an item then an actual upgrade dropped, fml' annoyances.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Is this hypothetical "Stopping 'fire' from giving vengeance" nonsense even going to impact BrM significantly?

I mean I know there's some meter padding we can do with it, but, afaik, nothing we do, none of the insane damage we reliably and consistently do, is in any way from taking avoidable damage intentionally.

You're right, in the vast majority of cases it won't change much of anything. It will prevent us doing the gimmicks though, like soaking a point blank decapitate or other similar tricks. But these weren't really necessary anyway, so whatever. It won't change much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much the same way with item upgrades. Plan to max my 341 neck and then tier shoulders since H Iron Qon is a ways off. Then probably go through the raid week and see if I pick up any TF items (25m so we see a lot more of those).

I feel as a BrM getting the most iLevel on the largest stat budget pieces of gear is the best approach, Agil/Stam/AC/Secondary all benefit is. You'll see most DPS running out to upgrade their weapons and armor but our abilities aren't tied nearly as close to those items as our WW brothers.

Also this is getting ahead of the patch quite a bit but would suggest making sure your tier pieces are 2/2 before T16 so you can hold onto our excellent set bonuses longer without missing out on a lot of stats (can't say more until we see T16's bonuses).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression you could BoP fan of knives off on Twins. We solo tanked it last night with me and tried bopping the stacks off a couple times and they never dropped off. Ended up having to die and get rezzed to get them off.

And upgrades, I'll probably just upgrade my heroic neck, heroic tf shoulders, and heroic bad juju and maybe my tf weapon that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I was under the impression you could BoP fan of knives off on Twins. We solo tanked it last night with me and tried bopping the stacks off a couple times and they never dropped off. Ended up having to die and get rezzed to get them off.

And upgrades, I'll probably just upgrade my heroic neck, heroic tf shoulders, and heroic bad juju and maybe my tf weapon that's about it.
    BoP no. Full bubble yes. Did this last night on my paladin.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So BoP and Stoneform doesn't work on Impale either then I'm guessing.

Well, I almost made it through Suen to kill the boss solo tanking as brewmaster lol. I died with Suen at 10% because of high stacks =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    Do tell. Will I just find in keybinds section?
    It's under Camera, it's just called Flip Camera or something.

There's also binds for Save, Recall, Reset, not sure what one of them does, but two of them save, and then take you back to, any view you saved. Meaning you can save a top-down view, or a straight forward view, etc, and recall those with binds.

Deleted
    Hey dudes,

Tonight we got RoO off Lei Shen and we were wondering if the monk tank should take it or not. He says he isn't sure 'cuz he loses his crit during the procs so I thought about asking here where people know this stuff.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9quia/advanced

Question is: Should he take it being a Haste BrM? And would he need to change any of his reforging due to it?

That's his Armory.

EDIT: In case the progression we're at is relevant, we're currently on 4/13HC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Hey dudes,

Tonight we got RoO off Lei Shen and we were wondering if the monk tank should take it or not. He says he isn't sure 'cuz he loses his crit during the procs so I thought about asking here where people know this stuff.

Question is: Should he take it being a Haste BrM? And would he need to change any of his reforging due to it?

That's his Armory.

Well, it's odd enough that he's running a haste build in heroic content but...

You'd only want Rune using a crit or a mastery build, but the problem is that to get the most out of the rune proc you need to keep your secondary stats fairly close together while having your chosen stat slightly higher, which isn't viable for brewmaster.

I'd recommend it the most for a mastery player, but looking at mastery players like Daught you don't really want much haste (and to a lesser extent crit) in those builds so you're not really getting much out of the proc anyway.

I'm assuming you guys are a 10 man guild, if so, my recommended build for him is crit>haste>mastery and my recommended trinkets are renataki's and bad juju.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Hey dudes,

That's his Armory.

Generally brewmasters seem scared of it, but some list it as situational BiS. So... Yeah. Sunnier had a blog post on trinkets which is worth checking out. I'd be unlikely to roll against a dps who says it's BiS (feral druids and WW monks at least), but would be happy to take it and try it out. Might use my lfr one on jin'rokh with a crit build

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally brewmasters seem scared of it, but some list it as situational BiS. So... Yeah. Sunnier had a blog post on trinkets which is worth checking out. I'd be unlikely to roll against a dps who says it's BiS (feral druids and WW monks at least), but would be happy to take it and try it out. Might use my lfr one on jin'rokh with a crit build
    I was just checking up on that Sunnier thing, and I know I've disagreed with him in the past, but this comment confused me.

"Once you do enough of that content, you receive a pair of 502 boots. They’re worse than most boots you get in Throne of Thunder (even LFR), but if you’ve been really unlucky so far then they’re a good upgrade."

The LFR boots are Spurs of the Storm Cavalry Crit/Mastery with a socket bonus for mastery. The quest boots are Self-Effacing Boots Hit/Exp but no socket. The quest boots have 80 more agility but after gem about 280 less secondarys. They are however better itemized unless you are far over hit/exp that you need. But he doesn't even go into this minutia.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    Can any Brewmasters that have killed Heroic lei shen 10man give me a few tips? I noticed on Daught's kill video he ran chi burst + RJW but he is also 25man and I don't know how much of a difference that causes with extra lightnings etc.
    Go with the usual Chi Wave + Xuen. Burst and RJW was only like 5-10% more damage than wave/xuen when I was testing things out, I'd imagine it's far less of a boost for 10m.

No, but they cap at 10 stacks. If you can come up with a cooldown rotation that allows you to soak up to 10 stacks (not -too- hard) you can still solo tank it

RoRo isn't a good progression trinket in general. It's a nice mitigation trinket at the cost of dps, if you focus mastery, or the best dps trinket at the cost of a lot of survival if you focus crit, but it takes a slight amount of finesse to pull off. Also, tell him haste is bad.

The LFR boots are Spurs of the Storm Cavalry Crit/Mastery with a socket bonus for mastery. The quest boots are Self-Effacing Boots Hit/Exp but no socket. The quest boots have 80 more agility but after gem about 280 less secondarys. They are however better itemized unless you are far over hit/exp that you need. But he doesn't even go into this minutia.
    Gem socket beats no gem socket, especially when there isn't haste to screw things up - the rest of the stats are close enough that it doesn't matter.

Sunnier is generally correct on brewmastery stuff, as far as I can tell.

I'm running with it with a heavy crit build. Mastery build could be wasted because you have no need of mastery when you're offtanking. Haste - idk i never runned a haste build. Go with it and love it!
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post

I haven't seen this on the patch notes or hotfix, is this just theory only or has a change been made? Would appreciate if you can quote or direct me to the source.

I don't get why so many brewmasters are scared of RoRo. It is the BiS trinket by FAR that we have. Best part about it, is that it SCALES with our gear, and promotes secondary stat stacking.

I don't know about BrMs in 25man, and their weights. However, as a 10m Hc BrM, mastery is completely and utterly crap. Haste, while still utter crap, is less crappier than mastery, so if you are focusing on secondaries (barring exp/hit) you will have a fair amount of haste.

Now, with that in mind, it is quite clear Crit is god, so we should do w/e we can to boost it as high as possible. So that's where RoRo comes in, it makes Haste and mastery way more worthwhile than they are without RoRo.

In BiS, a 10man BrM (no Hc tf items) can be running 17k crit and 9.5k haste and 0 mastery, AND 23k agility, while exp/crit capped. You can imagine, with Ascension, your energy regen will be great, your EB generation will be great. As long as the t15-2set is in there, survivability against any burst can easily be handled.

In my own BiS setup, I run with BrM 2set, and WW 2set, and Durumu legs, contrary to BrM 4set. This is because it lowers haste from 10.5k to 9.3k, and increases crit from 15.9k, to 17.1k. The WW 2set is basically there because it has better stats, but the energy regen isn't too bad either. (it softens the small blow that is the absence of BrM 4set). The other reason, I wanted to drop 4set was because it devalues haste, and with so much haste already on the gear, there rly is no need for it, if there is a viable alternative (which there is).

Speaking of RoRo I just got the lfr version(my guild will never do lei shen normal probably...sadly.) and I'm giving it a hard thought, I'm currently raiding 10N but guild is planning for god knows what reason to go fail in 25N, I'm not sure if i should be using it as a tank though, currently using 2/2 upgraded thunderforged renataki N, and the valor hit one, since I bought it before changing into main BrM.

My stats currently don't seem to mash that well with the trinket, I should change something but I'm quite unsure on how to do it, I'm still not sold on the stats, especially with the 25m uncertainty.

Also gems are giving me nightmares, can't decide on what to use, could really use a hand in the gems + roro department xD

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uyuki/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Gem socket beats no gem socket, especially when there isn't haste to screw things up - the rest of the stats are close enough that it doesn't matter.

Sunnier is generally correct on brewmastery stuff, as far as I can tell.
    Mastery isn't much use to us not raiding 25 man Heroics. Even reforging out you're still going to be stuck with 365 Mastery, and if the difference is about 280 secondaries less on the quest boots vs 365 garbage stats for me I'll take that trade.

After zoneing, my stance is resettet to tiger - sucks
    13/13

Monk