Unfortunately I didn't participate in PTR this go around due to work issues. Was it just a case of lower ilvls plus unfamiliarity with the encounters from a healing standpoint? Did healing feel weak, or was it just quite a bit of damage to deal with, like Horridon 1st week of this tier?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Sorry about deleting it=/. I will start SoO with crit and see how it goes. Guess I will add more suitability as I need it.

What fights will require more mastery? And any tips you can give for fights?
    Last edited by Emenius; 2013-08-20 at 06:59 PM.

Mostly just a lot of damage. I recall I died a couple times on Iron Juggernaught this weekend, and the deaths looked something like 300k, 150k , 200k, 50k all in about 1, maybe 1.5 seconds. Similar numbers on protectors, the rogue guy and the anguish spawn really hit like trucks as well.

I'm sure familiarity with the encounters will help a ton, but our ilvls were appropriately tuned for the content we were doing, and by the time you're familiar enough with the encounters, the progression race would already be over.

From what I've seen myself, Thok will be brutal on tank damage as well. I would definitely recommend a little mastery for progression, even on 10 man.

I've thought of going for a full on "tanky" build when we start SoO since our group is just not getting to Lei Shen normal in 10 man. I'll probably be around the 530s item level stepping into SoO so I figure we'll be on the lower end compared to the heroic guilds.

Deleted
    Did a few 25 testing tonight, have to say i was taking really high dmg even when having 540 ilevel compared to my fellow pala tank, was trying to go full mastery but still was getting hit at some point for around 500+k especially these insanly adds before Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

Any ideas btw about the trinkets and what should we aim for ? is that trinket that reduces the cd recovery any good for us ? ( sorry cant remember the name )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    I'll probably be around the 530s item level stepping into SoO so I figure we'll be on the lower end compared to the heroic guilds.
    i530 vs i553 drops for Normal mode, I believe the Flex testers were pushed down to i520 on PTR. For normal mode your iLevel is solid but it sounds like the normal T16 damage is > relative T15 damage so doubtful your geared enough to consider ignoring survival stats completely like people have managed this tier.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

From what I hear though, Flex raid seemed to be severely overtuned from people I spoke with.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to blue's that was somewhat intentional as they wanted it to be a bit harder than it should and get feedback on where to dial things back since they have to examine:
    - number of AND health of adds
    - Boss health
    - Raid damage/healer strain
    - Tank damage
    I'm sure striking the balance of not facerolling out mechanics like LFR is intended and still not 'as' challenging as normal + support any variety of 10-25 players is a pretty daunting task. Questions like "should a stand in fire fail that kills in normal kill in flex?" type questions as well.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only PTR testing I've done were LFR Immerseus/Protectors kills scaled down to 496 ilvl in crit build.

I died once on Immerseus due to not paying attention to his breath, but was otherwise fine.

I didn't die prematurely on Protectors tanking He Softfoot, but there were some bursty periods of damage.

The LFR group I was in was pretty terrible though, most of the DPS sitting between 30-40k, so I had to pull out every stop I could to keep myself stable while the bosses just lived... and lived... and lived... (multiple stacks of Determination later...).

The first thing to do is maybe going for tank meta and tank cloak. if that isn't enough maybe reforge al little less crit and a little more mastery. The last think i want to do is going for tank trinket.
    13/13

Monk

While I haven't got a ton of flex testing in.... here is what I have seen so far:

- Flex was somewhat overtuned, but for 13 people from the same guild it wasn't terrible.
    - We only put in about 3ish hours every week on Flex so not a whole lot of time.
    - I did swap to the tanking Meta due to the overtuning of damage in Flex. (The meta proc'd quite often) [I will probably using this for heroic progression and possibly even normals TBH] Either way I will have a bunch of primal diamonds to purchase each one when I think I should swap since I haven't got a second helm yet.
    - Our damage was significantly decreased in relation to (my dps vs my raiders dps) I used to be significantly higher, and now I am middle of the pack. Which I am okay with.
    - For Flex I tested (Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Nourshen (4 attempts), Malkrok, Spoils, Galakras, and Iron Jugg)
    - None of the fights I tested actually ever really came close to killing me unless I totally derped up a mechanic. It was all about figuring out how many stacks to swap at etc.
    - Phase 2 on Galakras was extremely over-tuned for attempting to 3 heal it, we probably should have 4 healed it to be honest, would have been a bit smoother. Phase 1 really was a joke tanking the adds in the pathway with Rushing Jade Wind.
    - Malkrok wasn't hard once we got our strat down for what we will be doing on normal mode. Again just about managing stacks.
    Last edited by Wreckage827; 2013-08-21 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    While I haven't got a ton of flex testing in.... here is what I have seen so far:

- Our damage was significantly decreased in relation to (my dps vs my raiders dps) I used to be significantly higher, and now I am middle of the pack. Which I am okay with.
    Does tank dmg for all tank classes decrease significantly or only brewmaster get affect significantly in ptr?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by archkiller View Post
    Does tank dmg for all tank classes decrease significantly or only brewmaster get affect significantly in ptr?
    All classes. We all got hit by the vengeance nerf. Add fights are where you'll see it the most -> singletarget fights aren't as bad I think (although the only singletarget fight I did in flex was with the bugged prot pally 4p which gave me 20% extra dps +/-).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The damage is still really high. No, we're not #1 on meters no more, but we're no where near the bottom either. So it's fine. I was testing 25N Malkorok (the orc guy) and I was still top 2-3 damage as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    The damage is still really high. No, we're not #1 on meters no more, but we're no where near the bottom either. So it's fine. I was testing 25N Malkorok (the orc guy) and I was still top 2-3 damage as a tank.
    Right. It is also fight dependent as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Right. It is also fight dependent as well.
    Which isn't a bad thing either. We were a little overpowered, now we're just powerful? I don't know where I was going with that.

Okay so I was bored today and still working on this, but I've made a spreadsheet that has all the current loot from every boss in SoO for brewmasters and windwalkers with a section to add BiS brewmaster at the top. Just thought I'd share it with anyone whose interested.

It's set to public to view it, but you won't be able to edit it. Just make a copy of your own to edit it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing

BTW, these are heroic items only.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-08-21 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Which isn't a bad thing either. We were a little overpowered, now we're just powerful? I don't know where I was going with that.

Okay so I was bored today and still working on this, but I've made a spreadsheet that has all the current loot from every boss in SoO for brewmasters and windwalkers with a section to add BiS brewmaster at the top. Just thought I'd share it with anyone whose interested.

It's set to public to view it, but you won't be able to edit it. Just make a copy of your own to edit it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&usp=sharing

BTW, these are heroic items only.
    Sorry if I am blind, but I could not see a column or anything explaining which slot each item goes into, which would be nice, of course some of them give out themselves from the name, but others like "Immerseus' Crystalline Eye" or "Softfoot's Last Resort" not so much :-)

Great list, and thank you for it!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I'll add that lol.

Deleted
    Are you raiding 10 or 25 man? Couse no way this will be BiS in 25hc (at least during progression).
    I did a list myself:
    docs[DOT]google[DOT]com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar_kUydPa1aOdEhRdTJhYXg5QmJwWExxbVFGbmVVTWc&usp=sharing
    for my 25 man progression (it's half english half german, hope you understand it).