My personal offpiece choice is legs from either Dark Animus or Ra-Den. Hit/haste is so disgusting on our tier legs.

There are a few ways to go. Either you despise haste, or you despise mastery, and its gonna make a WORLD of difference. The final result will be that youre going to end up with around 17k of either crit or mastery and a combined 6k left as a sum of the other two, so when RoR procs you'll have + 12k.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    How so? I imagined the crit/master from tier would be better than haste/mastery, and then crit/mastery/2 socket gloves over haste/exp/1 socket tier, reforging the mastery on both pieces?
    yeah I remember looking at this a while back and for a "standard" crit build you definitely want gloves as the offset piece.

How so? I imagined the crit/master from tier would be better than haste/mastery, and then crit/mastery/2 socket gloves over haste/exp/1 socket tier, reforging the mastery on both pieces?
    I looked at all the pieces available minus ra-den, and I prefer the head as offpiece in my setup to completely cover Hit, Haste and Expertise requirements from those and my other pieces (yes I know helm doesn't have hit). I can then reforge Mastery into Crit, and already have a ton of Crit on other pieces. I do not prefer the Gloves of Cushioned Air because of the 2 blue sockets which is wasted stats IMHO just to have the 160 agi socket bonus.

What I really need to find is a better website to map all this gear out. Anyone know of a really good one?
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-04-13 at 05:06 PM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Anyone got tips for tanking durumu (normal)? Might be tanking him tomorrow.

Give your Hellers the Debuff Status. All the Time. Save CDs if they cannot Top you because Hey have to stand in a beam or whatever. Boss has a big hitbox. Use it.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I looked at all the pieces available minus ra-den, and I prefer the head as offpiece in my setup to completely cover Hit, Haste and Expertise requirements from those and my other pieces (yes I know helm doesn't have hit). I can then reforge Mastery into Crit, and already have a ton of Crit on other pieces. I do not prefer the Gloves of Cushioned Air because of the 2 blue sockets which is wasted stats IMHO just to have the 160 agi socket bonus.

What I really need to find is a better website to map all this gear out. Anyone know of a really good one?
    I rechecked AMR, put in a .15 haste soft cap, and put it below mastery in weight (.8 crit, .7 haste, .65 mast, .6 haste post soft), and with hard exp cap. Came out to Jinrokh helm bis, with thunderforged turned off. Makes me sad cause I just gave that helm (thunderforged) to our rogue =[

Deleted
    Would DW tanking be viable as of 5.2?

It's always been viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    It's always been viable.
    How does it compare to 2h tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    How does it compare to 2h tanking?
    its better due to the fact you even out your EB stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Anyone got tips for tanking durumu (normal)? Might be tanking him tomorrow.
    E: Sorry was thinking of the completely wrong boss. What i meant was the hydra boss, megara or whatever he's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    E: Sorry was thinking of the completely wrong boss. What i meant was the hydra boss, megara or whatever he's called.
    Diffuse Magic/Guard Glyph are your best friend. And keep your Ox healing orb procs in mind at all times, as the breath is over time so you can grab them in between ticks.

Diffuse Magic/Guard Glyph are your best friend. And keep your Ox healing orb procs in mind at all times, as the breath is over time so you can grab them in between ticks.
    Adding to this. Guard 1st and 3rd breaths. Save Diffuse Magic and use it on a 2nd breath if your healers are running for frost, otherwise save it for "oh crap" moments on breaths. Chi Torpedo Rampages with Celerity. Transcendence locations for when you are tanking far ones. Zen Med a breath in hairy situations as well.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Aight thanks, will see how it goes.

Adding on to gyn's summary, most of the time yes you should get only 3 breaths. Sometimes, your Guards wont be strong enough to eat a full 3 ticks. In that case, you dont want to have 60% hp coming out of a breath. Good healers, will be spamming you at each breath anyway. A good way to do this, is to 1 tick of the breath, then pop Guard, so the heals arent wasted, and you are at 100% when the breath finishes. To add to this, if you want to push dps, you can use the first tick, to lower your hp, pop a guard, and EH right after, for about 70k dmg expel harm on the boss.

For the Chi Torpedo thing, yes on Hc (normal probably too) youll prolly take it, since Xuen is so buggy. One thing to note, don't use all 3 Torpedoes ion one go, youll overheal almost completely unless it is one of the later Rampages. Be sure to use your first Torpedo so the CD starts ticking, but focus on using KS off CD, and not capping energy, you also have Avert Harm if youre raid needs a CD.

Finally, you can try this if you feel the dps on the heads is lacking. If the 2 heads that are being tanked are right next to each other, and you are tanking the one that isn't being DPS'd, feel free to move slightly close to the other head to dps it for a good 10 seconds, and move back to your position so your head doesn't annilate the raid. Just be sure to to have your back to the head you are tanking.

PS: Gyn mentioned ZM, defintely use this ability, but do not use it pre-emptively, it will run out and youll eat the final tick. Do like Guard, eat the first Tick, and pop ZM, youll survive the breath with 1 charge remaining, and you can make it so it soaks the next melee attack.

Deleted
    Just go with glyphed guard - filler - glyphed guard for the 3 breaths. If you get 4 breaths tell your dps to stop sleeping.
    Filler being diffuse magic - zen meditation - diffuse magic - fortifying brew - diffuse magic - zen meditation - diffuse magic on heads 1-7. You even have FB up for 7th head then since it starts hurting quite a bit (not just from breaths).

2 questions:

talisman of bloodlust or rune of re-origination?

522er Fist/Mace OR Sha Touched Fist 2/2 with 500 Agi gem?
    13/13

Monk

@gynshon I'm using Shoulders Chest Hand Legs as my 4pc with the WW tier head as my BiS.

I'm also not running (what I perceive to be) low amounts of haste, nor do I plan to try to trim down haste at any point, and I'm fairly certain I can find a use for almost any amount of haste. As far as a website I honestly don't know, I did this all on rigorous wowhead searching.

@siccora definitely talisman, and there's math somewhere in the thread for comparing weapons idk it offhand and don't feel like looking for it but it's around somewhere.

@ergar you want to tank the green guy because armor doesn't really matter for us as much as for a plate tank, imo. we always do g>r>g>r ignoring blue.

So my guild is a bit behind (we all know each other IRL and some ppl had scheduling conflicts so we put progression on hold). We finally made a full clear through Terrace. I landed a 496 Gao Rei staff. Question being: is this better (with both gems) than a 502 lfr Maelstrom staff? My first thought is as long as I have the agil gem and the extra slot it should b better even though it isn't upgraded. Any input would be awesome. Thanks in advance!