Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    just looking over some simple math for a 6 minute fight we would be losing roughly 80 chi generation on single target to maintain RJW. Would have to be a significant damage boost to lose that much chi over.

Also for other options, with Xuen getting a pet bar and us getting vengeance for the damage he takes, there would be room to abuse the 95% pet AoE damage reduction at times to have him stand in the fire for us. I am not 100% on this but if it works I have a feeling it would be nerfed quickly.
    You also have to add in the loss of our current 4p which means you will be spending Chi to clear stagger so the Chi loss is even worse.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Guess my question got lost :P With crit heavy build is roro (530 ilvl) higher dps trinket then bad juju (543 ilvl) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Guess my question got lost :P With crit heavy build is roro (530 ilvl) higher dps trinket then bad juju (543 ilvl) ?
    Short answer: yes, by a mile. Long, mathy answer:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21804152

Thanksfpr the info. I might even read the maths when I'll have free time tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Short answer: yes, by a mile. Long, mathy answer:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21804152
    I'll try it again this next week, like I said I had limited tests with it.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Hey everyone, Lurked on this thread and got a ton of useful information to better myself as a BrM. One question i do have and i have thought it over a little myself, but with the changes to the procs on the legendary cloaks, is the extra dps from the dps proc going to be more beneficial then the basically extra life on the tank cloak.. Now if the tank cloak still had dodge i wouldn't even have the dilemma. I am leaning to a per boss basis on which one will be better, but i wanted the communities input.

At least in my experience, if you don't severely undergear the content you're running (which is likely to only be the tip of the top guilds) any deaths you will experience will be due to human error. If you (and your team) know what they're doing you shouldn't be dying all that often. So depending on how you're progressing and what problems you are facing as a team the tank cloak could fluctuate in usefulness. The DPS cloak though is consistent; more damage will always be useful to you... so most brewmasters have been gravitating towards getting that, for the sake of consistency.

Defiantly makes sense, thanks so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsuki View Post
    Defiantly makes sense, thanks so much
    Yea most of the deaths on progression this tier with my raid group has not been tank deaths, it's been failing at mechanics by the dps. I took the dps cloak and am most likely not even gonna bother grabbing the tank one next patch.

Glyph of Retreat has been replaced with Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres. Glyph of Fortuitous Spheres causes a healing sphere to be summoned near the Monk at no cost when their health falls below 25%. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.
    Glyph of Stoneskin has been replaced with Glyph of Detox. Glyph of Detox causes Detox to heal the target when it successfully removes a harmful effect.

Well the retreat removal is unfortunate. Stoneskin isn't that bad, only used it on what, 2 fights?
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

I have a bit of a head scratcher on my hands at the moment. I'm currently using Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher and Claws of Shek'zeer both with the extra socket. After our clear of ToT (and not Horridon or Lei Shen weapons) we did a ToES clear for a new recruit who is a bit undergeared and I coined Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector and I'm not sure if I should just wait untill I get the Horridon staff to switch from DW to 2H or if the staff double upgraded would be more beneficial. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks and here's my armory too Bûddha
    Last edited by webster259; 2013-07-19 at 05:40 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I'll try it again this next week, like I said I had limited tests with it.
    I tried it during 25H Lei Shen progress tonight. But mine's only 530 RoRo over 543 Juju though. I thought it went well though with it instead of the Juju.

I had a discussion with some guild members last night about the tank legendary cloak. while i am aware of the fakt, that a lifesave every minute is a nice procc, i dont think it will realy save anything.
    our raid group is not the best, but not worse eather, we killed 5/13 HC bosses last ID (with 3 new first kills: Horridon, Iron Qun and Tortos).
    I am the Maintank with my BrM and i rarely die in those HC trys from unexpected damage spikes.
    If i die, it is cleary my fault because i forget to use the right self-cd (Ji-Kun), move wrong on tortos hc bat kiting
    or other thinks had gone realy wrong (3 Mans down, people standing in fire, healers freaking out... )

So the question is, will the legendary tank cloack be the huge life-saver or will it just delay the inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
    I have a bit of a head scratcher on my hands at the moment. I'm currently using Zeeg's Ancient Kegsmasher and Claws of Shek'zeer both with the extra socket. After our clear of ToT (and not Horridon or Lei Shen weapons) we did a ToES clear for a new recruit who is a bit undergeared and I coined Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector and I'm not sure if I should just wait untill I get the Horridon staff to switch from DW to 2H or if the staff double upgraded would be more beneficial. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks and here's my armory too Bûddha
    When dual wielding, it's the main hand which matters most. The offhand can be a fair bit lower in ilevel and it won't matter too much. As such, stick with the 522/483 weapons, rather than downgrading to the 496 staff. You've got the legendary gem in the offhand anyway, so it's not like you're missing out on much agility or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    So the question is, will the legendary tank cloack be the huge life-saver or will it just delay the inevitable?
    Also have to remember that it can be used for the predictable big hits as an extra CD. It means you could take an extra Talon Rake, an extra Triple Puncture, that sort of thing. It could be used to cheese certain mechanics, such as Decapitate (I know we already have Zen Med for that, but it's still worth mentioning).

It's not only useful for preventing unpredictable tank deaths. It can also be used as a CD for predictable tank damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Also have to remember that it can be used for the predictable big hits as an extra CD. It means you could take an extra Talon Rake, an extra Triple Puncture, that sort of thing. It could be used to cheese certain mechanics, such as Decapitate (I know we already have Zen Med for that, but it's still worth mentioning).

It's not only useful for preventing unpredictable tank deaths. It can also be used as a CD for predictable tank damage.
    The extra DPS you're bound to get from the DPS cloak will be far greater than the contribution to vengeance you'd get from running the tank cloak and eating abilities like decapitate with it.

Outside of cheesing, the other usages would be:

- predictable CD rotation, only really useful for cheesing vengeance or dealing with a dead/shit cotank, since fights will not be balanced around one/both tanks having the cloak, you can assume that the proc won't be required
    - potentially saving your life, generally an event that would make a tank die should be avoided, if the cloak procs accidentally all you're doing is covering up mistakes and probably delaying the inevitable
    - soaking mechanics like static shock, though unfortunately very few of these abilities are directly targeted at tanks anyway

I never liked this proc in the first place, and now that the DPS cloak is guaranteed to scale with AP directly, it's going to be amazingly attractive.

thats the same thing i said, too.
    for example our HC kills:
    Jinrok HC. On our first tries i was the only survivor after the third pool. Managed to solotank him close to enrage, almoset 15% of damage only by me. If he hadn't throw me and reseted, i would have killed him. > no need of tank procc
    Tortos HC: This Proc would save my life if Bats reach me ever.
    Ji'Kun, sure i can eat another Talon Rake, but if i eat more than i suposed to do, than somthing other is wrong.
    Iron Qun. same as Jinrok, he just tikles me if i dont have like 6 Stacks of impale.

And for cheesing mechanics. if i force to procc the tank cloack just to outperform a bossfight, there is no garantuee, that something will go wrong in which case i would have want the procc to be up. so still no good reason for me. but mayby someone can convince me.

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    Tortos HC: This Proc would save my life if Bats reach me ever.
    No, you'd still die, just one hit less of drain life (if you have like 15+ bats on you, it'll be as if it wasn't even there).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    There really is no universal answer to the question of tank legendary vs dps legendary.

The only thing you should be asking yourself is which situation is more common to you: ~1-2% wipes or wipes through tank deaths. And then keep in mind that t15 is actually pretty soft on tanks (though also on dps checks). So ask yourself this question again when you're a few weeks into SoO. And be really honest; if you died because you or a healer derped, it still counts. And those ~1-2% wipes are entirely dependant on your share of the total raid DPS. If you only do 10% of total dps and you wipe on 2% that dps cloak would not have made a difference.
    Last edited by mmoc363edcc164; 2013-07-19 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    As stated before, DPS is always useful, the tank proc.. not so much.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this about the legendary dps gem/cloak, but unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't those increase the uptime on raid guards? Because it increases your damage without altering AP, it should reach the required damage amount faster than without the procs. So in a way, the dps legendary cloak/gem would be raid survival (and dps), compared to tank-only survival.