^I can imagine that's good for new things to loot - but if you do old things you usually just pull a load of mobs and then loot them. And in Mists you can loot them all at the same time, taking 1 sec with auto-loot to loot 2 to 1000 mobs at the same time - as far as I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Not quite. From what GC said, I believe they're current plan is to make TotH a 15% chance to proc 2 Arcane Shots or Multishots with 20 focus reduced cost. So essentially, every proc is 40 focus gained. It'd only need to proc 3 times in 30 seconds to be better than Fervor, which is highly likely(again, bringing up that in a normal 30 second rotation, 35-40 shots are fired, making a 15% proc per shot roughly 4 procs per 30 seconds). TotH is this new form will likely still be better than Fervor over an long fight(raiding/dungeons), but I suspect Fervor will be great for PvP.
    I'm not sure 120 (prob average slightly more per 30s interval) hunter focus will be better than 100 hunter + 100 pet focus especially for BM. We'll have to see how pets basic changes work with the changes GC was describing. Plus it'll be hard not to focus cap with all those extra arcane shots

That's what I'm thinking about with Thrill. If you're at 80 focus and climbing, thrill procs(because its random duh) that arcane you'd fire off won't move you back down very far and you'll be focus capped with your next arcane. The complete randomness of Thrill proccing is what deters me from liking it more. With my luck it'd happen closer to focus cap than not more often than the other way around.

Not quite. From what GC said, I believe they're current plan is to make TotH a 15% chance to proc 2 Arcane Shots or Multishots with 20 focus reduced cost. So essentially, every proc is 40 focus gained. It'd only need to proc 3 times in 30 seconds to be better than Fervor, which is highly likely(again, bringing up that in a normal 30 second rotation, 35-40 shots are fired, making a 15% proc per shot roughly 4 procs per 30 seconds). TotH is this new form will likely still be better than Fervor over an long fight(raiding/dungeons), but I suspect Fervor will be great for PvP.

The one talent choice now that seems lackluster is Dire Beast. However, I don't know much damage it does at 90. If someone could test it(BM and SV/MM), and let me know, that'd be great. In order for it to be better, its damage would have to make up for the loss of 70 focus(since it produces around 35 focus every 30 seconds). 70 focus is 1 KC/ExS/ChS and an ArS(more or less).
    Right. However, previously TotH was a 15% chance to make your next shot/KC free, which was a max of 50 focus free per proc. The downside was saving it for highest focus shot risking focus cap. I still think Fervor to be a bigger gain simply because our pets are constantly focus starved, even in raids and it provides one free 120% damage basic attack right away in addition to a few more over 10 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Right. However, previously TotH was a 15% chance to make your next shot/KC free, which was a max of 50 focus free per proc. The downside was saving it for highest focus shot risking focus cap. I still think Fervor to be a bigger gain simply because our pets are constantly focus starved, even in raids and it provides one free 120% damage basic attack right away in addition to a few more over 10 sec.
    As Bil said above though, it really depends on how our pets basic attacks end up working. If our pets end up having a nice steady amount of focus(middle ground), Fervor will definitely not be as powerful imo as TotH in a long term fight. I'm really torn on this because I love the focus return of Fervor, but I hate having another keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGosuStandard View Post
    New Hunter stuff looks interesting, but still waiting on fixes to old things/mechanics rather than new shiny ones
    Huh????? You are one of those people who just like to complain, right?

* Minimum Range Removed
    * Wyvern Sting DoT Removed
    * Explosive Shot tick clipping removed
    * Glyph to remove DoTs for Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap
    * Self Heal added
    * Readiness Baseline
    * All specs can get a interrupt/silence
    * Kill Command range fixed
    * Wild Quiver/Piercing Shots no longer breaks CC
    * And on and on and on and on......

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Huh????? You are one of those people who just like to complain, right?
    Huh? That's not complaining... You've listed a lot of to be expected quality-of-life improvements and fixes, a treatment that every other class is getting too with baseline abilities becoming accessible to all. I, too, am personally patiently waiting on some more 'bigger' and impacting changes, as a lot of it has been based on tweaking our talents and big CDs over the past weeks, which is a good thing ofc, as hopefully that means they can move on to our shots soon.
    I think it's safe to say that many of us are waiting on the following things now:

Scaling improvements, particularly with Arcane Shot
    Widow Venom being baked-in to an ability of some sort, as every other class who has a MS effect gets it automatically applied through a damaging ability or some sort
    Getting Stampede just about right (it's only hitting for 25% of damage right now)

Have they fixed/removed the need to aspect dance in MoP? I haven't been paying attention to the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Huh? That's not complaining... You've listed a lot of to be expected quality-of-life improvements and fixes, a treatment that every other class is getting too with baseline abilities becoming accessible to all. I, too, am personally patiently waiting on some more 'bigger' and impacting changes, as a lot of it has been based on tweaking our talents and big CDs over the past weeks, which is a good thing ofc, as hopefully that means they can move on to our shots soon.
    I think it's safe to say that many of us are waiting on the following things now:

Widow Venom being baked-in to an ability of some sort, as every other class who has a MS effect gets it automatically applied through a damaging ability or some sort
    Getting Stampede just about right (it's only hitting for 25% of damage right now)
    I'm certain our damage will be fixed. And our scaling was also fixed in MoP with Hawk going to 10% AP and Mark going to 5% damage.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    Have they fixed/removed the need to aspect dance in MoP? I haven't been paying attention to the beta.
    You mean switching to Fox when you need to move and use Steady/Cobra? Nope, that still exists. I believe they are trying to do away with macroing Aspects into shots though. But Im 99% sure Aspect hopping will exist and continue to exist.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-07-21 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Every class/spec has some sort of scaling issues. Like Aettis said, the fixes to Hawk and Hunter's Mark are both huge steps towards fixing scaling issues.

So what if we are the only one without a baked in healing reduction. Not every class has to have the same things. Would be nice, but not really something I would consider broken.

Stampede was just changed. I'm sure the damage will be adjusted to where they want it.

Blizzard does not want people aspect dancing. They want us to make our aspect choice matter. You want more damage or better mobility. They dont want us to have the best of both worlds.

Every class/spec has some sort of scaling issues. Like Aettis said, the fixes to Hawk and Hunter's Mark are both huge steps towards fixing scaling issues.

So what if we are the only one without a baked in healing reduction. Not every class has to have the same things. Would be nice, but not really something I would consider broken.

Stampede was just changed. I'm sure the damage will be adjusted to where they want it.

Blizzard does not want people aspect dancing. They want us to make our aspect choice matter. You want more damage or better mobility. They dont want us to have the best of both worlds.
    No, there is absolutely no excuse for Widow Venom. It costs a global cooldown. It costs precious focus, which is not something we have an abundance of in PvP. It does nothing else but put a healing debuff on the target.

That is entirely unacceptable, not when Hunters USED to have a healing debuff passively attached to their Aimed Shot. It is wholly unfair to go through Cataclysm with Widow Venom sitting in our spellbook and not on our bars, condemned by the entire class as our most useless ability ever. And not a single thing is done about it. Even Frost Mages and Shadow Priests got passively appleid healing debuffs for Cataclysm.

It's not just Widow Venom that makes people upset, its the fact that they have ignored it, and have done nothing about it. It can and should be attached to anything else, be it Arcane Shot or Serpent Sting. For half of the expansion, it only reduced healing by 10%, and it was literally used by NOBODY.

Um, what? With the way hawk and fox are on live (and were in beta until I stopped paying attention), there is no choice. You switch in to fox exactly when you need to steady/cobra when moving, and swap to hawk otherwise. Whether you do it manually or use macros, it's the same dancing, and if you don't do it, you're just doing less damage than other hunters.

I was asking if they'd done anything so that this isn't necessary or desirable, as constant aspect swapping is neither fun nor a choice.

Um, what? With the way hawk and fox are on live (and were in beta until I stopped paying attention), there is no choice. You switch in to fox exactly when you need to steady/cobra when moving, and swap to hawk otherwise. Whether you do it manually or use macros, it's the same dancing, and if you don't do it, you're just doing less damage than other hunters.

I was asking if they'd done anything so that this isn't necessary or desirable, as constant aspect swapping is neither fun nor a choice.
    They want people aspect dancing, they dont want us macroing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    No, there is absolutely no excuse for Widow Venom. It costs a global cooldown. It costs precious focus, which is not something we have an abundance of in PvP. It does nothing else but put a healing debuff on the target.

That is entirely unacceptable, not when Hunters USED to have a healing debuff passively attached to their Aimed Shot. It is wholly unfair to go through Cataclysm with Widow Venom sitting in our spellbook and not on our bars, condemned by the entire class as our most useless ability ever. And not a single thing is done about it. Even Frost Mages and Shadow Priests got passively appleid healing debuffs for Cataclysm.

It's not just Widow Venom that makes people upset, its the fact that they have ignored it, and have done nothing about it. It can and should be attached to anything else, be it Arcane Shot or Serpent Sting. For half of the expansion, it only reduced healing by 10%, and it was literally used by NOBODY.
    I agree that it does put hunters in a unique situation.... But that does not mean it is broken or has been ignored.... Maybe that is the way they want it.

They want people aspect dancing, they dont want us macroing it.
    ^^^^

The whole point of Blizzard's design with all classes (not just hunters) is they want you to consciously make the choice about what you are doing and not just be able to macro things.

Deleted
    Conserning the healing debuff, imagine if there was a new patch where rogues had to spend GCD and spend 25 focus to cause their healing debuff?
    Or mages suddenly had to spend 25% of their mana and a GCD to slow someone cause their frostspells would not do that automaticly from now on?
    Can you imagine the amount of rage posts on the forums!!

But when this kind of shit hits hunters. Its more like "deal with it".

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    But when this kind of shit hits hunters. Its more like "deal with it".
    But..... It's not hitting us. We've been this way for some time.

Yeah, it is a bit unfair and would be nice to see it changed, but I don't think it's going to happen so stop focusing on the negatives and focus on how many things were fixed and the new things we got.

The whole point of Blizzard's design with all classes (not just hunters) is they want you to consciously make the choice about what you are doing and not just be able to macro things.
    It's still not a choice, it's just an extra step you have to take every single time you need to steady/cobra on the move. If you're making the 'choice' to just stay in one aspect or the other, than you're a bad player.

Dum-dee-dum-dee-dum, haven't played or paid attention for a month and a half, decided to see if I could get into PTR even though my account isn't active, and yeah I can and

EXHILIRATION DOES WHAT?!!?

Is this ... final?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Is this ... final?
    It's beta. Nothing is final.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    It's beta. Nothing is final.
    I meant, has Blizzard indicated in any way that this is a placeholder and they're still reviewing it? Sorry, thought that was obvious.

EDIT: And technically it's PTR, not Beta
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.