Wonder what spec will shine in mop now, they all have potential to be rather good. What ever does shine I bet nerfs will soon follow

I just hope we scale better with this expansion. End of expansion blues need to stop for hunters!

The end of this expansion was pretty good for hunters, actually. The BA change and the LnL change really finally brought us even with other ranged classes (despite them having legendaries) and with most melee classes too (despite them having 20% melee AP as opposed to our 10%).

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The end of this expansion was pretty good for hunters, actually. The BA change and the LnL change really finally brought us even with other ranged classes (despite them having legendaries) and with most melee classes too (despite them having 20% melee AP as opposed to our 10%).
    Well we've never been basement dwellers. But the changes to LnL and BA were more "why the hell didn't they do this already?" changes. Glad to have em mind you, but a long time in coming and not really tied into our scaling.

Even with those changes we were still middle pack. Our scaling generally always has been terrible, we excel early expansion, and then plateau once we come to the last two tiers. We're not really useless, just.. don't advance the way the other classes do. They did say they were improving upon our scaling in MoP though, so who knows, good things may be ahead.

Trap Launcher: Now a toggle ability.

there is a god!!

Aspect of the Fox: Now includes Barrage.

mmm, barrage is a cast maybe?

Kill Command: Now costs 37 focus, down from 40. 25 yard range, up from 5.

another nice quality of life change
    Last edited by asharia; 2012-03-27 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    Trap Launcher: Now a toggle ability.

there is a god!!

Barrage is a 3 second channel with a cleave, a new level 90 talent option.

Update:
    -according to the database, for Symbiosis, it's been verified that we gain Dash, while Feral gets Play Dead(Feign Death), Balance gets Misdirection, Resto gets Deterrence, and Guardian gets Ice Trap. Outside of PvP, I don't think we will ever get Symbiosis. Very jealous of ret pallies and monks who get DPS cooldowns. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-MoP-Symbiosis for more information on Symbiosis.
    Last edited by Renley; 2012-03-27 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    All classes using weapon damage are getting the same treatment. Weapon damage in MoP is sky rocketing(talking about going from a 900 dps bow to 1800 dps bow). So to compensate, they are reducing the % weapon damage.

Edit: Also, Trueshot Aura was 20% melee ap, 10% ranged ap, and no crit, and now its 10% ranged/melee ap and 5% crit,
    Is no one noticing the dmg on cobra shot. I didnt have time to go through every post here but I went throught 10 pages and no one has said anything. I am still trying to figure this one out. 110% dmg is massively excessive compaired to steady shot it seams to me. Am I missing something here? I just want to know cus if im not this shot does more then aimed shot kill shot or arcane shot. WTF is going on?

Deleted
    did someone notice that cobra is now doin 115% wp dmg und arcane only 65%? more haste = more dmg = spamm cobra?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    did someone notice that cobra is now doin 115% wp dmg und arcane only 65%? more haste = more dmg = spamm cobra?
    Hard to say now - i guess we must wait for serious beta (i mean when we can hit 90)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Thank you Aettis for the info, I look forward to learning more in the future form this thread. ^_^

Yeah, the symbiosis options for hunters suck. Even in PvP there's much better options, not that hunters and druids really do arena together. I am almost certain I will never get Symbiosis. Hell, I'm a worgen already, I don't need another dash.

Really loving how they are fixing the quality of life issues that only remained for hunters in Cata. What happened to the talent that gave Freezing Trap no cooldown though? I really wanted that. Also the level 90 talents blow hard for PvP now, I want binding shot back in the last tier, no way it can compete with silencing shot unfortunately. Glaive toss would need to hit pretty hard to be worth it. Barrage + Fox while moving could be useful depending on how hard it hits.
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2012-03-27 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, the symbiosis options for hunters suck. Even in PvP there's much better options, not that hunters and druids really do arena together. I am almost certain I will never get Symbiosis. Hell, I'm a worgen already, I don't need another dash.
    Dash - add a dmg reduction/heal component in with it.

Mushroom Shot. Make it happen.
    Root Shot. Make it happen.

I'd even be satisfied with a Rip Shot or... a BEAR TRAP.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post

It's probably a channeling effect

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    They're drastically increasing our weapon damage in MoP, so they have to nerf our shots to compensate
    Kind of makes sense and kind of doesnt. DPS heals and stamina should all scale equally so that dps can go up normally. They way they changed it probably more than 50% of our damage will be from auto shots. It would be better for them to tone down the weapon damage and use the ilvl in stats that way we would at least maintain some burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigjit View Post
    Is no one noticing the dmg on cobra shot. I didnt have time to go through every post here but I went throught 10 pages and no one has said anything. I am still trying to figure this one out. 110% dmg is massively excessive compaired to steady shot it seams to me. Am I missing something here? I just want to know cus if im not this shot does more then aimed shot kill shot or arcane shot. WTF is going on?
    I noticed this as well, but honestly, I think it's a bug/wrong tooltip/whatever. If it does become too powerful, it will get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    Thank you Aettis for the info, I look forward to learning more in the future form this thread. ^_^
    You're quite welcome! In all honesty, I hope the next patch doesn't bring TOO many changes! hard to keep up!

Since black arrow got reworked (has a small casting time now it seems) shouldn't that be added to aspect of fox as well?

I see slight nerfs and slight buffs good and bad things. Everything seems centered around disengage and slows. I'll be honest I don't see much of anything fantastic for us hunters compared to other classes. What i would of loved to see changed is the trap launcher mechanic it's so damn clunky and still annoys the hell out of me!
    Last edited by Goretex; 2012-03-27 at 08:33 AM.

I agree with you, on the compared to all the other classes of course! We deserve alot of Exotic pets in this expansion.
    Last edited by PWOKristy; 2012-03-27 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    I see slight nerfs and slight buffs good and bad things. Everything seems centered around disengage and slows. I'll be honest I don't see much of anything fantastic for us hunters compared to other classes. What i would of loved to see changed is the trap launcher mechanic it's so damn clunky and still annoys the hell out of me!
    I presume you mean that you need to aim it at a person?

the only thing i find annoying about it that i need to click it separately but that is getting changed in Mop you can toggle the launcher off or on.