it seems we are getting quilens as exotic beast, this is there special ability: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/126373-fearless-roar & http://www.wowdb.com/spells/126393-eternal-guardian
    Last edited by Darkmon; 2012-05-12 at 08:18 PM.

Yup, I'm gonna have a big front page update soonish. Everyone hold tight! BIIIIG update on pets.

Well this is... This is a pretty awesome patch for hunters. A battle rez, we get to walk on water..so we are essentially gods. :P

I am joking of course, but yeah it is pretty nice to see so much love for hunter pets, and hunters in general. And maybe this may have slipped under the radar, but finally basilisks are tameable. It took them a while but yeah.

Overall good stuff

I love being a Hunter in Mop!

BM finally fixed with the change to Kill command, 1 min BW + Readiness.
    No need to stand +10 yards behind everyone else during boss fights EVER again. This is the best change so far.
    So much choice! I can finally get a Stun as Survival/MM if I want to(Ragnaros HC says hai).
    New Pet spells are just simply amazing! and we get a goddamn Battle Rez also!

I cannot wait for Beta HCs and raids to be released so I can finally test out shit properly.

Blizzard is finally, after 7 years fixing stuff that needed to be fixed since day 1.

<3<3 Tamable Water Striders! <3<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Update:
    -front page updated with pets and abilities

Ok so yeah, I think the seizure has stopped.

Getting to walk on water is something I've ALWAYS wanted, so yay for that... But the big surprise this patch is a freaking combat rez! What's next, a pet that can summon party members to us? Just so much concentrated awesome.

I know that Frostheim likes to jokingly call the other classes in the game "support classes", and that Hunters are the only real class... But I dunno, come mists, what do we really need anyone else for?
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Ok so yeah, I think the seizure has stopped.

Getting to walk on water is something I've ALWAYS wanted, so yay for that... But the big surprise this patch is a freaking combat rez! What's next, a pet that can summon party members to us? Just so much concentrated awesome.

I know that Frostheim likes to jokingly call the other classes in the game "support classes", and that Hunters are the only real class... But I dunno, come mists, what do we really need anyone else for?
    xD Now I wish we could have access to our stables always. I won't know what pets to have with me! *squee*

i really hope they roll the fen strider http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18134#. into the water strider family & the shoveltusk http://www.wowhead.com/npc=23690 into the goat family , and i think the hydra should be officially tamable now because they got there spells patches ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmon View Post
    i really hope they roll the fen strider http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18134#. into the water strider family & the shoveltusk http://www.wowhead.com/npc=23690 into the goat family , and i think the hydra should be officially tamable now because they got there spells patches ago.
    It's quite possible. We actually don't know what the actual families are yet, so like I said, these new abilites could apply to several previously untamable models(rams, giraffes, stags, shoveltusks, fen striders, hydras, etc)

Oh. My. GOD. Look at those changes.

I love you Blizzard. Thank you so much.

Behold!! BOW TO YOUR NEW HUNTER OVERLORDS!!!

Yep, def rolling BM when 5.0 hits. My goddddd. hahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

These pet changes are AMAZING! brilliant job blizz. My biggest question is, will we be able to cast petrifying gaze on friendly players and enemy players? if so that could be the new PvP pet of choice, 3 sec iceblock to stop a kill? yes plx.

Quote Originally Posted by Oricc View Post
    These pet changes are AMAZING! brilliant job blizz. My biggest question is, will we be able to cast petrifying gaze on friendly players and enemy players? if so that could be the new PvP pet of choice, 3 sec iceblock to stop a kill? yes plx.
    I'm gonna guess no. I saw it more as a Cyclone.

My biggest concern, which I assume will be fixed, is the 5% crit buff that wolves, devilsaurs, and quilen have. I'm sure it will become mastery or something, but I just thought it was odd that they added a new ability(the quilen roar) as crit, instead of changing it while it was being created. Though, I suppose it could be a copy/paste of the others with a simple name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    On a single target long fight, the new Focus Fire(a whopping 40% haste) is almost up 100% of the time, giving us a constant Rapid Fire. Stampede is incredibly powerful for BM as well, doing upwards of 1.3million damage(possibly more). 1 minute Bestial Wrath(which cuts the cost of Murder of Crows down to 30 focus), etc etc. The list goes on.
    my jaw dropped as i read this. and murder of crows? what about dire beast? or do you think their both pretty decent?
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

Alright, I'm logged on to the beta! Time to check

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    my jaw dropped as i read this. and murder of crows? what about dire beast? or do you think their both pretty decent?
    Murder of Crows(at 86 when I last checked) did roughly 200k damage over 30 seconds. Dire Beast did around 80k or something, but that was awhile ago, I'd have to check again.

i suppose it makes sense, MoC is on a longer CD than DB by roughly 2 mins. DB can be use once every 45 sec, if i remeber right.
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fen Striders are tamable(under water striders)