Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Tarrlok's dead, which sucks because he was an intriguing antivillain who came off like he was on the path to a heel face turn.
    The very reason why I was fairly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    It was pretty unlikely that he'd still be alive in the first place, but his death was officially confirmed in the Blu-Ray commentary. Wasn't sure if you'd heard.

Even if he were still alive, I think he'd still be depowered—by choice. Being a waterbender was strongly implied to be a mixed blessing for him; I don't think he'd let Korra restore it. And Unalaq definitely waterbends in the various clips.

Deleted
    Hopefully they will do some actually bending this season insted of just punching around (which happens to have to same effect as real bending).

Even though I know I'l be dissapointed again, it's still worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    It was pretty unlikely that he'd still be alive in the first place, but his death was officially confirmed in the Blu-Ray commentary. Wasn't sure if you'd heard.

Even if he were still alive, I think he'd still be depowered—by choice. Being a waterbender was strongly implied to be a mixed blessing for him; I don't think he'd let Korra restore it. And Unalaq definitely waterbends in the various clips.
    I watch the show, I don't really follow any of the extra stuff. But thanks for letting me know!

Deleted
    They are in the Spirit World and if he's dead... Well, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man... Tarrlok's death, I just don't know. That really got me... I nearly teared up reading that spoiler.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    it was officially announced that The Legend of Korra: Book Two will premiere Friday, September 13 at 7pm on Nickelodeon.

can't wait for it to air

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    it was officially announced that The Legend of Korra: Book Two will premiere Friday, September 13 at 7pm on Nickelodeon.

can't wait for it to air
    Do you have a source for that?

Would like to read more into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Do you have a source for that?

Would like to read more into it.
    It is on their facebook https://www.facebook.com/legendofkorra

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god basic training is months down the road for me still, I might be able to see all of it.
    Hey everyone

Friday nights? Hmmm....Saturday morning was better. Although ironically I usually missed all those lol.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks really awesome and i can' wait to watch this new avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Friday nights? Hmmm....Saturday morning was better. Although ironically I usually missed all those lol.
    They always added them to the official website soon after it airs, don't they? If not, it wasn't too far from it. Shouldn't be too hard to see the new episodes when they start coming out.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping the entire Book doesn't have that rushed feel too it like the first Book. I liked the first Book but I didn't enjoy it like I did A:TLA and I really hope the Avatar team learned from that mistake. I don't understand how even if it was to only be one season in the first place (before more Books were asked to be made) how they could have just rushed that so fast.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I'm hoping the entire Book doesn't have that rushed feel too it like the first Book. I liked the first Book but I didn't enjoy it like I did A:TLA and I really hope the Avatar team learned from that mistake. I don't understand how even if it was to only be one season in the first place (before more Books were asked to be made) how they could have just rushed that so fast.
    Wasn't it initially planned to be a one season mini-series? And I'm sure they stated somewhere that the new seasons will have a slower pace, and the seasons would be generally longer than the first one.

Wasn't it initially planned to be a one season mini-series? And I'm sure they stated somewhere that the new seasons will have a slower pace, and the seasons would be generally longer than the first one.
    It was meant to be a mini-series, then it gained a good enough reception to have them make more.

And while I don't mind if each season has its own baddie to take down, they better not try what they did with the first book. You know, fixing every problem in the span of the last two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    It was meant to be a mini-series, then it gained a good enough reception to have them make more.
    Indeed, that' why they've gone and made another season and announced that there'll be four in total.

10+ Year Old Account
    God dammit Azula...

OT: Yes they did state the mini-series thing but I have no idea where they have possibly said it will be slower. I know they said there will be more Books than A:TLA but less episodes per one than A:TLA.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I want a setting more similar to the Last Airbender this time around.

The full-out Steampunk isn't doing it for me. I liked when there was the occasional steampunk equipment and the war machines in A:TLA, but the atmosphere wasn't nearly as enjoyable.
    That's kind of the point though. Since it's in the future it's in a more industrialesqe time. Since the Fire nation was more advanced technology wise, without the war, the rest of the world was able to catch up.

From the trailer though, it looks like the Water tribe isn't as big compared to the city. And if much of the time is spent in the spirit world, there will probably be more natural looking settings. Added with the fact that I doubt every Book will take place in a big city, and will have them travel eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I want a setting more similar to the Last Airbender this time around.

The full-out Steampunk isn't doing it for me. I liked when there was the occasional steampunk equipment and the war machines in A:TLA, but the atmosphere wasn't nearly as enjoyable.
    That was my issue, I was like, "Didn't the Avatar just run away when shit hit the fan but his Korra girl and her group seem to stay in the city where it's super dangerous". It made no sense to me.
    Hey everyone