Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    That's Asami as well. Supposedly she's going to have a big airship as a base of operations and they gave her an Amelia Earhart getup.

At the panel they also said that Korra's inspired by female MMA fighter Gina Carano which explains her build, and that both Korra's parents are pretty ripped as well.

I think the water tribe man may also be Korra's dad. They have a similar physique and face. Which hopefully means we'll get to see him and korra fighting side-by-side.

Oh honey, those pants are just not right for you.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Oh honey, those pants are just not right for you.
    Considering George Patton used similar, and how much Asami grew up with only her father, it doesn't surprise me one bit that she is into those type pants.

In the panel they said that Kya was kind of a hippie who is obsessed with healing. Given the spiritual nature of the next season she'll probably play a pretty large-ish role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any video of the panel?
    Black Lives Matter

Okay, Korra's cousins look..... unsettling.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Good to see more info about LoK being released. Hopefully it come out soon!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if out of the 3 children Aang and Katara had if any of them would actually kill someone if it depended on the world or look for some other way even if that wasn't possible.
    Hey everyone

Was waiting for series 1 to be over so I could watch it all at once. Damn I can't wait for more. I think she's a pretty interesting character, they could have easily made her a barbie or something but they really did a good job on character development. Especially liked seeing her get scared like a normal kid instead of being unshakeable.

15+ Year Old Account
    so it looks like she can enter the avatar state at will now.
    I dont want too start anything but you got be carefull with posting something like this xD people might go "OMG SHE CAN CONTROLE AVATAR STATE HOW???????" you know what im getting at.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand where you're coming from but it doesn't look like it could be anything else
    I know but you got some people here that think because Aang couldnt controle it at that age korra cant so you get that discussion again that has been talked over + 1000 times
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

No, the issue is more that Aang had to go through a spiritual journey involving the unlocking of chakras, while Korra just got it as an afterthought because she was depressed after losing something dear to her. If that was the only thing needed to master the avatar state, shouldn't Aang have gotten it after losing Appa during season 2? True, he got over that, but Korra also got over her depression and Aang still had to go unlock his chakras in that season. The other theory, that Korra was unwittingly unlocking the chakras, doesn't really work either, since she was in grief when she first gained control and grief blocks the air chakra (plus she was staying distant from Mako, so it wasn't like love unblocked it either).

Perhaps unlocking the chakras isn't the only way to master the avatar state. I hope they elaborate on how she managed to master it in the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    (plus she was staying distant from Mako, so it wasn't like love unblocked it either).
    I thought in order to unlock one of the chakras you had to distance from the one you loved? That's why Aang had a problem unlocking them all, was because of Katara.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    I dont want too start anything but you got be carefull with posting something like this xD people might go "OMG SHE CAN CONTROLE AVATAR STATE HOW???????" you know what im getting at.
    Wich is understandable...drastic changes that don't make sense to a really good concept is troubling for some, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I thought in order to unlock one of the chakras you had to distance from the one you loved? That's why Aang had a problem unlocking them all, was because of Katara.
    That was the requirement for one of them, yes. One of the others had the requirement of replacing grief with love (though a non-binding form, considering that seventh chakra), which was the one I'm referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sensing a theme of cold-weather clothing

There has to be more than one way to master the Avatar State. I highly doubt every Avatar has gone on the journey of unlocking their Chakra's. I just believe that they needed to give Korra the ability to control it to show she could restore bending. Remember, this was written when there wouldn't be anymore episodes. Killing Amon and Tarlokk clears up the villains, giving Korra the ability to control the Avatar State gave us a way to resolve the issue of restoring benders, and giving us "Makorra" shows that she would live a happy life.

Now, I'm sure they will give us some explanation in season 2 as to why she could go in and out of the Avatar State at will. (My speculation? Aang somehow included that ability when he restored her bending to her at the end of the finale.) It will also needs to be seen to what extend Korra has gone to with restoring the bending ability to the benders of Republic City.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't know if this was posted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74mumw7Zt1rse64oo1_1280.png[IMG]

Don't know if this was posted yet.
    where's that one from?

(saving it)
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter