10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly, the way they showed it happen in the show made me think they had cut out a few seconds of footage.
    Agreed, the "cut" was very quick.

Perhaps when it comes out on DVD they'll have an "uncut" version? Maybe even add blood to some scenes? Just wishful thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Does anyone got confirmation on how many episodes book 4 will have? If its true it will be the last one for the entire series, perhaps 20 episodes at most or 21 will be all that they need to deliver on everything that hasn't been answered yet.
    I know originally the show was slated for 52 episodes, or 4 books of 13 episodes each. I'm not sure if that's changed or not. However, given the state of the show currently, I do hope they extend it; 13 episodes feels far too short to "complete" the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Does anyone got confirmation on how many episodes book 4 will have? If its true it will be the last one for the entire series, perhaps 20 episodes at most or 21 will be all that they need to deliver on everything that hasn't been answered yet.
    The wiki says 13. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Korra

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerd...ast-airbender/

An interview with Mike and Bryan that has some really interesting information about things like their opinions about Shyamalan's movie and other stuff related to the advertising fiasco of book 3 plus other elevant Avatar stuff. Highly recommend listening to it. =P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Maybe that's why it moved on the web? /tinfoil hat
    Listen to the interview I just linked. You will be able to throw away that tinfoil hat afterwards. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerd...ast-airbender/
    Listen to the interview I just linked. You will be able to throw away that tinfoil hat afterwards. =)
    The interview is about an hour and a half long. Mind just hitting us with the bullet points?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    I couldn't bother reading through all the nitpicking about this season, but I'd just like to point out that lavabending (while it might be as KrazyK923 says that in the Avatar extra stuff that I personally never heard of states that it is a combination between fire and earth) to me looks like pretty much the reversal of waterbending with ice. Waterbenders cool down their water until it becomes ice, so it shouldn't at all be far-fetched that earthbenders can heat their earth up until it becomes lava.

Then again, I always found it strange that waterbenders could turn water into ice, since that basically would mean energybending, which more or less is firebending.
    I think so too. Heck, even airbenders are able to control things like temperature with their bending, otherwise Aang would have freezed to death when being in the North and South Pole (not to mention that Tenzin said in a book 3 episode that airbenders can create their own heat by using proper breathing techniques). A lavabender doesn't really seem like much of a stretch considering what the other elements can do, especially since it's possible to adapt techniques from other bending styles to apply to another element.

10+ Year Old Account
    When she takes the hood off and it looks so much like Aang I lost it. The tear at the end was crazy as well. Already got me fiendin for next season. Hopefully this one is handled a bit better.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    The interview is about an hour and a half long. Mind just hitting us with the bullet points?
    First part they mostly talk about personal interests and stuff they like pretty casually. They also talk about their involvement in the animation industry like working on Family Guy, King of the Hill, Invader Zim, and some other stuff (they basically filled a lot of hats from art directing, writing, to a bunch of other stuff before they started working on Avatar). Plus giving a bit of their own advice about their experiences on how to be successful within their line of work.

They then go on about how the creation of Avatar: The Last Airbender started, how they pitched it to Nickelodeon, etc., etc. They got apparently a lot of creative freedom on both Avatar: TLA and Legend of Korra and the reason for why the show got made had a lot to do with the popularity of Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings at the time (this was in early 2000s).

Mike and Bryan also addressed things like fan reactions about various things (i.e. the negative reactions about season 2 and a bunch of other stuff) and going through them all would just be too time consuming. It is very interesting to listen to, so I recommend you do when getting the time.

As for the movie, they basically said that it was a mess and behind the scenes wasn't that much better. They had basically no creative control at all and they only had a couple of meetings at best about the production about the movie. They also got a bit upset about the racial issue about the casting, for instance. They also didn't really know what kind of stance they should have taken towards the movie while it was under production and after it premiered, so they remained pretty passive in terms of involving themselves in fan reactions as well as other stuff surrounding the movie. All in all, the creators were definitely not happy about The Last Airbender flick.

As for why the advertising was bad for book 3 and the decision for a Summer release, it was not because of the leaked episodes. They didn't state outright why it was done this way, but what they did say was that Nickelodeon wanted to release it now because of some timeslot thing that made it tricky to air the episodes (said something about the book being aired next year if it hadn't been done now or something like that). Plus, apparently Avatar has been far more successful online and that a lot has changed since Avatar: TLA aired back in mid 2000s, so airing the episodes on TV just will not draw in the type of audience a show like Legend of Korra is aimed for.

What it also boils down to is that Legend of Korra is not cancelled and book 4 is in full production. The creators will take a break from Avatar after this, but they could not guarantee that they would never do any more Avatar in the future. They are a bit burned out after working so intensly on both the original show and Korra, so they deserve a bit of a rest.

Also, the 4th season will wrap up the entire storyline and give proper closure, they assured us that.

Also, the episodes that were leaked were in fact not done so by their Mexican network. Apparently they were stolen from the database and uploaded to the internet. The creators were a bit upset about that, but Nickelodeon themselves weren't too troubled about it, since they themselves drive a huge TV company with tons of TV shows, so one getting leaked isn't as big of a deal.

I am skipping over tons of stuff, but I think that was a decent enough summary of the interview.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-08-24 at 10:33 PM.

I really wish the legend of korra, was more like the last air bender. Season 1 was really good, but it would of been better if Amon didn't die at the end. I hate that a new baddie is introduced with each new season, seemingly out of no where. In ATLA there was one main baddie, the fire lord, and the show ended when he was defeated. It would of of been better if the legend of korra, followed that design, and made Amon the main Antagonist for the whole series. I just feel like the Amon story wrapped up prematurely, and there was a lot more that could of been done. None of the villains they have come up with, has been anywhere near as interesting as Amon was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find Zaheer to be a tad bit more intimidating than Amon. At least with Amon you would know he is ill news when seeing him, but with Zaheer you could really just walk past him or have a friendly conversation with without suspecting anything about his intentions unless he didn't reveal them personally or you happen to recognize him as an escaped criminal. He just blends in so well with other people that you could easily become complacent in his presence, which to me is a pretty unsettling thing considering what he's done in the show.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-08-24 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I really wish the legend of korra, was more like the last air bender. Season 1 was really good, but it would of been better if Amon didn't die at the end. I hate that a new baddie is introduced with each new season, seemingly out of no where. In ATLA there was one main baddie, the fire lord, and the show ended when he was defeated. It would of of been better if the legend of korra, followed that design, and made Amon the main Antagonist for the whole series. I just feel like the Amon story wrapped up prematurely, and there was a lot more that could of been done. None of the villains they have come up with, has been anywhere near as interesting as Amon was.
    I agree with your first point. Having one big bad guy seemed to work better; it provided for a more connected, fluid story, instead of each book feeling like the entire show just "reset". Amon was a great villain and had tons of potential. I think book one did a great job of creating a sense of danger for Korra and company in every episode, and painted a good picture of the political tension going on in Republic City.

With your last point, I somewhat disagree with. Unalaq was kind of a weak villain. Cunning and manipulative, but didn't have a whole lot of depth compared to Amon. The whole Vatu/Dark Avatar thing was a little lame, although I enjoyed those two episodes about the first Avatar. The Red Lotus, on the other hand, I thought they were really cool. The "prison break" scenes (book 3 episode 5, I believe) were very well-done, and right from the get-go I got the feeling that these were very dangerous villains. They're all highly skilled benders and are menacing with a hint of crazy (water arm lady seemed like she has psychological issues). I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the Red Lotus as a whole reminds me of something you would see out of Naruto or Bleach. My biggest gripe with them is that we never really learned their history, and in the later episodes Zaheer started to soapbox a lot about world order and whatnot; he talked a little too much, IMO. But overall, I thought they were really good baddies, and I hope we see more of them later on.

I personally find Zaheer to be a tad bit more intimidating than Amon. At least with Amon you would know he is ill news when seeing him, but with Zaheer you could really just walk past him or have a friendly conversation with without suspecting anything about his intentions unless he didn't reveal them personally or you happen to recognize him as an escaped criminal. He just blends in so well with other people that you could easily become complacent in his presence, which to me is a pretty unsettling thing considering what he's done in the show.
    I disagree, Amon seemed way more dangerous to me, and he looked a lot more intimidating, since you rarely saw his face, and he seemed emotionless most the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I agree with your first point. Having one big bad guy seemed to work better; it provided for a more connected, fluid story, instead of each book feeling like the entire show just "reset". Amon was a great villain and had tons of potential. I think book one did a great job of creating a sense of danger for Korra and company in every episode, and painted a good picture of the political tension going on in Republic City.

With your last point, I somewhat disagree with. Unalaq was kind of a weak villain. Cunning and manipulative, but didn't have a whole lot of depth compared to Amon. The whole Vatu/Dark Avatar thing was a little lame, although I enjoyed those two episodes about the first Avatar. The Red Lotus, on the other hand, I thought they were really cool. The "prison break" scenes (book 3 episode 5, I believe) were very well-done, and right from the get-go I got the feeling that these were very dangerous villains. They're all highly skilled benders and are menacing with a hint of crazy (water arm lady seemed like she has psychological issues). I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the Red Lotus as a whole reminds me of something you would see out of Naruto or Bleach. My biggest gripe with them is that we never really learned their history, and in the later episodes Zaheer started to soapbox a lot about world order and whatnot; he talked a little too much, IMO. But overall, I thought they were really good baddies, and I hope we see more of them later on.
    The red lotus, and Zaheer was pretty intresting, especially when compared to Unalaq, but like you, I feel their story wasn't fleshed out enough. If Amon was still alive, the red lotus would make for a good competing faction, or a really good side story. Also I really hated that Zaheer was an instant Air bending Master as soon as he got his powers, they didn't show him training not even once.
    Last edited by Valstorm Warsong; 2014-08-25 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaheer had studied airbending for years ahead of time, you can study techniques and then if you were to somehow get bending be much better than someone who has had it for years. You saw the difference between the new Air nation and Zaheer? Zaheer knew how to airbend without being able to ahead of time, the others didn't.

Also Amon for best villain ever, I still to this day think him and Tarlokk were the strongest benders bar Avatars in the entire show just because of their mastery of motherfucking bloodbending.
    Hey everyone

Sheesh I need to catch up....

I only watched season 1 so far, and I've heard many good things about S2 and 3 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Asmuch as I understand the need of defending a show you really like. This is not a thread were you raise the show to skies. You are allowed to say what you think of it, being it positive or negative. Telling someone who has something negative to say about the show to leave the thread is NOT okay.
    You're probably my favorite mod after Endus, thank you.

All seriousness, Korra is the official fan fiction. Overall 4/10 would not recommend to others. Unless they asked me how not to write a story.

Zaheer and his group were the best villains in LoK so far in my opinion. Amon was just a blood bending faker who got people together in a valid cause without actually giving a crap about that cause. If one likes the idea of Amon, V for Vendetta is a far better version of that.

It would be nice if the seasons were more connected, but LoK has been a miniseries since the beginning, 12 episodes turned into 26, and then turned into 52.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Zaheer and his group were the best villains in LoK so far in my opinion. Amon was just a blood bending faker who got people together in a valid cause without actually giving a crap about that cause. If one likes the idea of Amon, V for Vendetta is a far better version of that.

It would be nice if the seasons were more connected, but LoK has been a miniseries since the beginning, 12 episodes turned into 26, and then turned into 52.
    Actually 12 turned into 52, they got approved from 3 more books right after the success of Book 1. Although I imagine they already had a lot of Book 2 written when that happened.

I wouldn't say Amon didn't give a crap about the cause, why else would he be doing it. Tarlok said his brother always wanted everyone to be treated fairly, he really did have an equalist mindset, he just used bending to achieve his goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Actually 12 turned into 52, they got approved from 3 more books right after the success of Book 1. Although I imagine they already had a lot of Book 2 written when that happened.

I wouldn't say Amon didn't give a crap about the cause, why else would he be doing it. Tarlok said his brother always wanted everyone to be treated fairly, he really did have an equalist mindset, he just used bending to achieve his goal.
    Wasn't it all a scheme for him to take control? I'm a bit unsure. Either way, I still feel that the "Tarlokk and bro" story ruined it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I disagree, Amon seemed way more dangerous to me, and he looked a lot more intimidating, since you rarely saw his face, and he seemed emotionless most the time.
    Well, if I would rate them based on bending alone, then Amon would definitely take the cake. However, if I go by personality wise, then I find Zaheer to be a bit more unsettling. I sure enjoy a badass looking villain like Amon, sure, but I really enjoy a guy who could pass as a regular guy who in fact can be quite friendly while having really dark intentions. It's all just personal preference you know.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-08-25 at 10:39 AM.

Well, if I would rate them based on bending alone, then Amon would definitely take the cake. However, if I go by personality wise, then I find Zaheer to be a bit more unsettling. I sure enjoy a badass looking villain like Amon, sure, but I really enjoy a guy who could pass as a regular guy who in fact can be quite friendly while having really dark intentions. It's all just personal preference you know.
    Obviously. We're talking about fiction.

However, I'm unsure why you think Amon has better bending. He spend the vast majority of the season pretending to be a non-bender.