10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    Reading comprehension is hard! Never said scrap the original 12, again back when they chose not have it a 12 ep mini series anymore, and write a 2nd half season on top of that. They could have just as easily (over a year ago when the show had got pushed back because of this) slapped on 12 more ep's for season one that Fit in with 12 they had originally planned. Have it air the same time this year, and none of us would have noticed any difference, other then they had a full damn season. At which point they could be writing a second season. In case you can't/won't read my very clear statement....This is explaining how they COULD HAVE done it, and how it SHOULD HAVE been done.

This is not discussing what the original plan was, or what happened. As you see, this was a very drawn out way of describing how they dropped the damn ball several times in dealing with the business end of this. Don't think they did? Well that would be your opinion now wouldn't it? You'll find yourself in the minority who is happy with 2 half seasons.
    The bolded sentence cracks me up. I had no idea you had experience with writing the story that they created for the mini series this show was intended to be. To say that they could have easily written 12 more episodes for the season when we still haven't watched 3 of them (meaning we don't know how much closure it will provide at the end) is beyond idiotic. The first 12 episodes are staying as exactly what they intended for it to be...a mini series. They realized that fans would want more so they created a completely different season with a completely different story (though using the same cast) and that's what we're getting. I see nothing wrong with the direction they took and you need to stop acting like you're a professional that knows the whole story inside out and can pick it apart with such little hindsight.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    At least what I and other people have been saying is actual facts from the creators, you keep spouting stuff like "this is a full show now I need 24 episodes/season" when that is just not the case until you prove to me other wise. Its 2 mini series. Get over yourself.
    Nothing to get over lol, Until you can grasp reading comprehension just stop replying. It was you and one other person way to exaggerate. Your so called facts are out dated statements from 2 year interviews that preceded that change of direction. See I can play this game too, The very same creators back in TLA days said they had no interest in making then 3 seasons. This then got changed to We no longer are writing about Aang's story, Then Wen't on to say We may at some point hash out a new Avatar after Aang that takes place in Ba Sing Se, Then finally to your point a Korra Mini series, Which got changed to A show with a second season. Hmmmmm A lot of changing by the very same people. Perhaps you should give up on the static mind frame you seem to have, that clings to a small window in time in the creation of Korra.

Wasn't that fun, How many other things in real life we can we bring up that has out dated info/statements and try to continue to believe it true to what actually exists now?
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Nothing to get over lol, Until you can grasp reading comprehension just stop replying. It was you and one other person way to exaggerate. Your so called facts are out dated statements from 2 year interviews that preceded that change of direction. See I can play this game too, The very same creators back in TLA days said they had no interest in making then 3 seasons. This then got changed to We no longer are writing about Aang's story, Then Wen't on to say We may at some point hash out a new Avatar after Aang that takes place in Ba Sing Se, Then finally to your point a Korra Mini series, Which got changed to A show with a second season. Hmmmmm A lot of changing by the very same people. Perhaps you should give up on the static mind frame you seem to have, that clings to a small window in time in the creation of Korra.

Wasn't that fun, How many other things in real life we can we bring up that has out dated info/statements and try to continue to believe it true to what actually exists now?
    Once again quote something where anybody besides you thinks its a full show how about. I can comprehend what you are writing just fine, its just idiotic nonsense.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

Difference is I'm providing sources (and one of them was barely over a year old) so until you do, we are all going to take it as a grain of salt. I'm still baffled by the fact that you think they could have just "slapped" 12 more episodes (easily) to the mini series and called it a season with almost no difference in anything.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    The bolded sentence cracks me up. I had no idea you had experience with writing the story that they created for the mini series this show was intended to be. To say that they could have easily written 12 more episodes for the season when we still haven't watched 3 of them (meaning we don't know how much closure it will provide at the end) is beyond idiotic. The first 12 episodes are staying as exactly what they intended for it to be...a mini series. They realized that fans would want more so they created a completely different season with a completely different story (though using the same cast) and that's what we're getting. I see nothing wrong with the direction they took and you need to stop acting like you're a professional that knows the whole story inside out and can pick it apart with such little hindsight.
    ha, way to show your age kiddo. Never made claims to be an expert, But it's awesome how you give little credit to the Creators who gave us an awesome universe that is Avatar and think they are not capable of fleshing out more story that would make sense in a years time. A year is more then enough time to tack on a full season, You know what its actually done all the time! Oh, and I'm not the only disappointed person regarding the rushed/underdeveloped feeling here. In this thread alone you will see many stating Characters are not developed, not attachment to them, story feels rushed, gaping holes in the plot etc. You know why that is?!? Cause story got chopped up to fit in a 12 ep season. Aaaaand Full circle.

At the 2 of you, your not proving anything. I and others are simply saying how WE wish it HAD been done. I don't understand how that is a difficult concept to grasp for you 2.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Difference is I'm providing sources (and one of them was barely over a year old) so until you do, we are all going to take it as a grain of salt. I'm still baffled by the fact that you think they could have just "slapped" 12 more episodes (easily) to the mini series and called it a season with almost no difference in anything.
    Yes, since you think our sources are outdated plz provide us with updated sources LegendsnDreamz

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 05:35 PM ----------

ha, way to show your age kiddo. Never made claims to be an expert, But it's awesome how you give little credit to the Creators who gave us an awesome universe that is Avatar and think they are not capable of fleshing out more story that would make sense in a years time. A year is more then enough time to tack on a full season, You know what its actually done all the time! Oh, and I'm not the only disappointed person regarding the rushed/underdeveloped feeling here. In this thread alone you will see many stating Characters are not developed, not attachment to them, story feels rushed, gaping holes in the plot etc. You know why that is?!? Cause story got chopped up to fit in a 12 ep season. Aaaaand Full circle.

At the 2 of you, your not proving anything. I and others are simply saying how WE wish it HAD been done. I don't understand how that is a difficult concept to grasp for you 2.
    Clearly people know they are capable, we have seen TLA, but that was never their intention with this show. I don't know why you can't get that. Just because you feel it is rushed doesn't mean it is.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Yes, since you think our sources are outdated plz provide us with updated sources LegendsnDreamz
    The miracle of time stamps, I'm not the one with burden of proof. Since I'm not disputing what they had originally wanted to do. That's where you 2 are continually failing. The whole point was to to all of this, was simply to give examples on why "I" Felt they dropped the ball and came up short. You 2 are arguing something completely different and trying to apply it to My OPINION and how it somehow makes my OPINION on the direction wrong. I get it, you 2 are happy with half assed content cause your just happy to have something new on Avatar. While the rest of us would have liked more, Nothing wrong in either opinion, I and others want more story vs your camp happy with anything.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Once again, how is fulfilling their intentions for the show dropping the ball just because you, one fan, wants it to be something that it isn't?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    *whispers*

agree to disagree

*leaves*
    <ghost noises>
    Well that's certainly where I'm at. That back and forth has gone pretty much where it was going to go, several times over.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account

For someone who loves to throw the "l2 reading comprehension" out there, you sure seem to lack it. I never said you claimed to be an expert, I said you're acting like you think you're one. And there you go again making claims that the show got chopped up to fit a 12 episodes series when they have already stated many times that it was initially meant to be a 12 episodes mini series and by the time they planned to make another season for it with 14 episodes they had already shipped the first finished product overseas to be animated. But I guess you wouldn't know this since you seem to lack the reading comprehension required to understand this from the source I provided.

This discussion is really adding nothing to this thread. Back to theories about Amon please.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    This discussion is really adding nothing to this thread. Back to theories about Amon please.
    I think Amon is secretly the cabbage merchant

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I think Amon is secretly the cabbage merchant
    Then why let your own son take the fall that one time.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 03:01 PM ----------

Zuko and emo girl had a kid. Hes perpetually pissed off, and he cant bend. Zuko became his fathers son and abused Amon. Amon is not an angry man who wants benders dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why let your own son take the fall that one time.
    Because his defied his own father and made cabbage corp a technology company.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Zuko and emo girl had a kid. Hes perpetually pissed off, and he cant bend. Zuko became his fathers son and abused Amon. Amon is not an angry man who wants benders dead.
    Did somebody say swag?

Also this

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...26/513/98e.jpg
    Last edited by Alraml; 2012-06-13 at 07:09 PM.

Wonder if Steve Jobs' dad was angry because his son turned his apple juicing company into a computer company?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Amon is Bosco in disguise. You heard it here first.
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-06-13 at 07:32 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

Did somebody say swag?

Also this

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...26/513/98e.jpg
    OH MY GOD! that link.... LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Amon is Basco in disguise. You heard it here first.
    Strange that I thought Dante Basco right away. /sigh Zuko obsession

Deleted
    http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-legend-of-korra-music-update <-- Interview towards the end clearly states that it is ("was" now) a planned mini series

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/...ors-speak/?KEY <-- Right before the interview it clearly states what went down, and look at that. It's a 26 episode series that's split into two seasons not a 24 season split into two parts
    That's what I've read and know as well, I can't see the problem people are having.

According to wikipedia, the latest episode had 3.58m viewers from US alone. I'm pretty sure that it quite good, hopefully Nick thinks the same.