Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathnexus View Post
    I called Blizzard today and the man i spoke with said to me that they are getting AP People inside ASAP and they will have nearly all inside next week, but they are opening for people every day
    No - four servers can't handle ~100000 (that's what I expect to be concurrent users at a given time). They'd need at least four servers for EU/US, two for Korea.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnez View Post
    Er yes I do, I've been in quite a few (I'm in Diablo 3's right now in fact, plus I did a few Market Tests for Bioware which was nice because I got paid to go large meeting afterwards and talk about the game). Just because we're supposed to be testing for bugs and glitches doesn't mean Blizzard can't prepare for it. They knew way ahead of time that they were going to be putting way more people into this test then they usually do, and they should have planned accordingly.
    They did. And instead of paying the money for more servers, they decided to launch it in waves.

I called Blizzard today and the man i spoke with said to me that they are getting AP People inside ASAP and they will have nearly all inside next week, but they are opening for people every day
    I'm wary of if he knew for sure, but that does sound about right. This is now a time bomb that's ticking. There was a thread this morning asking for co-suers for false advertisement. If Blizz doesn't get people in by next weekend, they may well find themselves sued.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    No - four servers can't handle ~100000 (that's what I expect to be concurrent users at a given time). They'd need at least four servers for EU/US, two for Korea.
    He didnt talked about servers only that they want to get people inside asap and they are getting people in all days

Why are people freaking out? I mean do you have NOTHING better to do than stare at your email waiting for your guaranteed beta access?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnexus View Post
    You just gave me hope.
    i want to believe, I want to believe

But i think that there will be more servers or i hope so xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki View Post
    This is claim that it's media only is just a complete lie.
    Press, family, friends and a bit of RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Bongoboy76 View Post
    When can we expect it? Any predictions?
    Nethaera
    Community Manager

You will be getting into the beta if you have an Annual Pass. Don't worry. We just got the beta up last night and while we've already done some invites, we have a lot more to do.

If you want more information on the process, you can read the Beta Opt-in and F.A.Q. post we have here.

Here's the question I think that most pertains to you:

I am participating in the World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion; when do I begin testing?

We’re inviting Annual Pass holders in waves over the course of the beta test, and will be ramping up the number of invites we send as quickly as possible. We’ll be inviting Annual Pass holders based on several factors, including how long your World of Warcraft account has been active and when you signed up for the Annual Pass. Keep an eye on your Battle.net account and email for your invite to join the beta test.

Please note that our Customer Service department cannot help with flagging accounts for the beta and is not able to tell you exactly when you will be invited.

We're very aware that everyone is expecting to be in as soon as possible and we're committed to doing what we can to make that happen. We just ask that everyone is a little patient as we make that happen

Probably in weekend or shortly after.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Press, family, friends and a bit of RNG
    All last night I saw 1 guy who said "I have a friend at Blizzard" and over 50 people saying "I signed the AP and played since X" and even one guy saying "I never signed the AP"

Stop trolling.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I say MAX two days before we are seeing next wave

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's weekly just too see more people rage
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They did. And instead of paying the money for more servers, they decided to launch it in waves.
    They could have been a little more transparent with their waves though, having over a million people sitting around with no clue when they're going to get in is doing more harm then if they had just planned the waves out to begin with and sent out emails explaining when you were likely to get in, etc.

And please don't take this as me bitching about Blizzard (which seems to be the perogative), because anything I say is an afterthought to begin with.

Deleted
    They could have been a little more transparent with their waves though, having over a million people sitting around with no clue when they're going to get in is doing more harm then if they had just planned the waves out to begin with and sent out emails explaining when you were likely to get in, etc.

And please don't take this as me bitching about Blizzard (which seems to be the perogative), because anything I say is an afterthought to begin with.
    True they should really have planned the waves, would have caused WAY less trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

I'm wary of if he knew for sure, but that does sound about right. This is now a time bomb that's ticking. There was a thread this morning asking for co-suers for false advertisement. If Blizz doesn't get people in by next weekend, they may well find themselves sued.
    No lawyer would touch that lawsuit.

lol blizzard being transparent...you must be new here.

indeed, setting up 4 servers for over 1million people is not really planned to me ;(

This is all common sense though. I certainly didn't need them to tell me having all 1 million people log in at the same time wasn't going to work.

And if they needed to set up more servers I'd bet you that Beta wouldn't have started yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    and it seems only "news sites" and fansites got into this wave.
    No, regular subscribers definitely got in. Both annual pass players and opt-in players. I have no idea how or why opt-in players were invited, but they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongoboy76 View Post
    However I have to agree with Outcry that we aren't compensated for testing it and instead blizz treat beta access as a reward, if blizz hadn't used it as bait it would have been nice to have a reward in game for testing the beta such as a mount or a title
    Or Diablo 3, at least!