Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Possibly the worst warlock change in MoP

As destruction you will be hard casting soul fire, which is your main ember dump. It has a 4 second cast time, and the only thing that will reduce the cast time beyond haste is Destructive Influence. I consider DI to be terrible spell design, because it causes us to rely on a pet. First of all, we were told that all pets would be equal in MoP and we would be able to choose based on utility and personal preference. With Glyph of Demon Training, the only viable pet will be the Imp, since that glyph reduces the cast time of Firebolt. The next issue, is that I really want to be able to use Grimoir of Sacrifice, but having DI essentially prevents me from doing so.

DI also doesn't fix the issue that arises once you take the second purpose of Soul Fire into consideration; to have a mana free spell with a long cast time that allows you to regen mana. You would have one very fast Soul Fire, and then you would have to cast another slow one to regen mana.

I personally believe that Soul Fire should have a 2 second base cast time. Then you remove Destructive Influence because it is no longer required. Two 2 second Soul Fires sounds a heck of a lot better to me than one instant Soul Fire and one 4 second Soul Fire. In order to not break Demo, Decimation would have to be changed to only increase the Soul Fire cast time if used on targets above 25%, while not reducing the cast time anymore.

In case y'all are wondering why I'm seeing the current state of Destro in Beta as an issue. A couple of weeks ago we got a blue post that outlined some of the Destro changes they had planned for Destro. Many people that actually looked into the theorycrafting and what these changes would mean, didn't like what they heard at all, because it had some really stupid implications. It is simply disconcerting to me to see these changes still in game, since it shows that Blizz obviously likes this design.

Also keep in mind that I'm not simply complaining, but am expressing my concerns about a very valid issue. I love my Warlock and I want to continue playing Destro in MoP, but some of the current design decisions are simply not fun or engaging.

Thoughts, comments? Personally I cannot stand the thought of 4 sec casts in my rotation. My question to you guys is this. Do you see yourself enjoying a spec that hard casts a spell for 4 seconds?
    Last edited by Kildragon; 2012-03-23 at 07:02 PM.

Don't play destro now, so I'm not too disappointed. But yeah, I agree, that's a bit silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    As destruction you will be hard casting soul fire, which is your main ember dump. It has a 4 second cast time, and there is nothing that reduces it's cast time beyond haste.

Thoughts, comments? Personally I will not be playing destro in mop if this isn't fixed.
    At lvl86 you get Destructive Influence.
    Your demon's attacks reduce the casting time of your next Soul Fire by 0.1 sec. Stacks up to 40 times.
    Problem solved?
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-03-23 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah and don't even get me started on the bullshit of soul fire being meant as a mana regen spell, yet it costs 75% more mana thanks to a stupidly designed talent.

In case you haven't figured it out, destro will have a mana bar that might as well be energy, because it works almost exactly the same. Yay for genius fucking design.

Weren't Ember'd Soulfires supposed to be instant? I can't call a source, but that's what I remember from some bue post, maybe this just isn't implemented in Beta yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Your demon's attacks reduce the casting time of your next Soul Fire by 0.1 sec. Stacks up to 40 times.
    Problem solved?
    Clearly this one day old beta is over and all changes in it so far are final, and nothing else will be added or changed. Not even that ability which you mentioned which is already in the beta.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Problem solved?
    That's what I meant, and yeah about the energy thing, Blizzard said they wanted to try and make destro locks more like caster Rogues, not about spamming spells 24/7 but more about smart resource management.

What I'd like to know is you already raged about this in a different forum, why create a whole different one to do so again?

As long as they implement lock tanks, they can do whatever the fuck they want with everything else
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem solved?
    The time spent casting those Soul Fires is to allow Mana to regenerate. Shortening the cast time of it just means you'll be casting more Soul Fires in that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The time spent casting those Soul Fires is to allow Mana to regenerate. Shortening the cast time of it just means you'll be casting more Soul Fires in that time.
    So what? The OP's saying that there's no way besides haste to reduce soul fire cast time. I'm just pointing that there is one at lvl86.

Oh yeah and don't even get me started on the bullshit of soul fire being meant as a mana regen spell, yet it costs 75% more mana thanks to a stupidly designed talent.

In case you haven't figured it out, destro will have a mana bar that might as well be energy, because it works almost exactly the same. Yay for genius fucking design.
    Having an Ember reduces Soul Fire's mana cost to 0. That's just to prevent you from spam casting Soul Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    At lvl86 you get Destructive Influence
    Problem solved?
    I want to run with grimoir of sacrifice, boom there goes the faster cast time. Great design blizz, destro cannot take one of the lvl 60 talents.
    Last edited by Kildragon; 2012-03-23 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? The OP's saying that there's no way beside haste to reduce soul fire cast time. I'm just pointing that there is one at lvl86.
    And I'm pointing out that that ability does nothing to 'solve the problem' because it has nothing to do with the reason for casting those Soul Fires.

Deleted
    Buhuu beta is beta. Take these complaints to the blizzard forums.

Deleted
    i think people should wait till the expansion is released before qqing about it

As destruction you will be hard casting soul fire, which is your main ember dump. It has a 4 second cast time, and there is nothing that reduces it's cast time beyond haste.
    Wait for the glyph to come out. Many of the "mandatory" talents are becoming baseline skills or glyphs.

Thoughts, comments? Personally I will not be playing destro in mop if this isn't fixed.
    One thought /comment...wait longer than two days of beta to rant.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsaimed View Post
    Because waiting until after it's too late is a great idea. You know when you should complain? During the beta when things are always changing.

You bring up good points, but your posts are too dramatic. Clean up the posts and there'd be less "beta is beta' comments and more discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsaimed View Post
    There is a reason to have betas, they should see the full picture first, but what you said is basically "They will fix it themselves, they don't need feedback".