Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Once you finish that, watch it again. It's not like FMA or FT, but it's excellent.

There's also already an anime recommendation thread.

Bit old but you might like the Slayers series. Kuroshitsuji, Code Geass, Hellsing and Rurouni Kenshin are good too.

My 2c.

Try one piece, i watched both, when you watch one piece, you'll realise that fairy tail is a big rib off of one piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    D.Gray-Man, Trinity Blood, Rave Master(same author as Fairy Tail, was made before fairy tail so you might notice things in FT that came from Rave Master), Excel Saga, Beelzebub, Outlaw Star(is an older series), Soul Eater. That is list consists of mostly similar genres, D.Gray-Man and Trinity Blood are a bit darker than the other ones.

This being unrelated to my above text, people comparing one piece to fairy tail are making a comparison that makes absolutely no sense unless you're taking the whole valuing friendship theme that they share as "it copied it because both have the moral of caring for your friends."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

puella magi madoka magica. you're welcome

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatness View Post
    Try one piece, i watched both, when you watch one piece, you'll realise that fairy tail is a big rib off of one piece.
    Maybe because it's created by the same author?

OP, you should watch Gintama. It's more comedy than action but when the arcs come around they are the best in anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post

This being unrelated to my above text, people comparing one piece to fairy tail are making a comparison that makes absolutely no sense unless you're taking the whole valuing friendship theme that they share as "it copied it because both have the moral of caring for your friends."
    It goes farther then that. It is not as obvious in the anime, but the artwork and character designs in the manga look very much like One Piece and OP has a pretty unique look. It isnt so much that the plots are similar, as they just feel very similar. Same mix of humor and action and quite a number of the characters feel very similar. Not that this is a bad thing. I am a fan of both and that is why I usually recommend One Piece to fans of Fairy Tail. The fact that many people think they are created by the same author should show you how similar they are. Case in point=
    Quote Originally Posted by Emidizzle View Post
    Not true at all. Eiichiro Oda is the creator of One Piece = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiichiro_Oda
    Hiro Mashima is the creator of Fairy Tail = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiro_Mashima

Quote Originally Posted by lmenvs View Post
    Like they said: One Piece. Same guy who made Fairy Tail and imo much better than Fairy Tail.

another quick and awesome, weird one is Fooly Cooly. Only 6 episodes but great.
    Great Teacher Onizuka is also pretty good.
    Death Note is pretty popular, I enjoyed it but it's not for everyone.
    Elfen Lied is bloody and has an interesting story.
    Sayonara Zetsubo-Sensei is a great satire
    I'm really picky about the anime I enjoy so I'm trying to think of the ones I really love.

But yeah, One piece is in the 500s on episodes, so that one alone will give you something to watch for a good amount of time

uhhh. if by one piece you mean rave master, then yea, it's the same guy.
    otherwise they're two separate people.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emidizzle View Post

OP, you should watch Gintama. It's more comedy than action but when the arcs come around they are the best in anime.
    Again, if by one piece you mean rave master, then they're the same author. but otherwise no.

and fairy tail is so NOT a ripoff of one piece, are you serious? the ONLY thing that's similar is that they're both magic type qualities and they have a strong bond of friendship between the characters.

to get on with the original question...
    since you liked Fairy Tail, I would watch Rave Master. It actually IS created by the same author, and Fairy Tail takes a lot of things from Rave.
    FMA.. the only thing I can think of that's similar to FMA is Trigun. But that's not because of the alchemy thing, it's because of other things in the show. If I were you I would give that a shot.
    Then if you like space westerns, i would check out Cowboy Bebop. It's also based in a post apocalyptic earth, but it's a space western. Basically... they're cowboys.. in space. Meaning bounty hunters. It's like a anime Firefly!
    After that the creator of Cowboy Bebop also created another show with the same musical undertones. It's called Samurai Champloo, and it's AMAZING.
    A show similar to THAT one is Rurouni Kenshin. The first 2 seasons are pure gold, the third season is all filler but it got cancelled before they could air the fourth, it was concluded in the Samurai X OVA, which is also a beautiful story. It's the prequel to Rurouni Kenshin.

Those will last you a while.
    Also, Hunter X Hunter is amazing, i agree with the above posters.

Oh, one last thing. A lot of Fairy Tail and FMA fans also enjoy Bleach and Naruto. Watch the subbed version, they're MUCH better. The dubs get censored too much. Bleach and Naruto are part of the "big 3" along with One Piece, but Fairy Tail is probably the 4th most popular ongoing shonen at the moment. (This is manga talk, which the animes are based off the manga)
    Last edited by Demonakat; 2012-03-31 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    and fairy tail is so NOT a ripoff of one piece, are you serious? the ONLY thing that's similar is that they're both magic type qualities and they have a strong bond of friendship between the characters.
    Yeah they are tooooootally different:

Rip-off is a strong term. It is pretty clear that Fairy Tail has had alot of inspiration from One Piece. To be fair those, most shonen series are heavily inspired by Dragonball anyways. I just think Fairy Tail and One Piece do have alot in common. Not in a "Fairy Tail totally rips off One Piece" kind of way, but in a "if you like one, you will probably like the other" way.

I do think the Shanks/Gildarts think is pretty funny though. They are even both missing an arm!
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2012-03-31 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Yeah they are tooooootally different:

Rip-off is a strong term. It is pretty clear that Fairy Tail has had alot of inspiration from One Piece.
    just like one piece has a lot of inspiration from dragon ball z...

"As a child, Oda was inspired by Akira Toriyama's works and aspired to become a manga artist.[1]"
    "He was influenced by Akira Toriyama and Hayao Miyazaki[1]"

They were both highly influenced by the same artist. Which explains the similarities.