Poll: Would you use it regularly?

10+ Year Old Account

1.2 DPS/Healing Parser - Would You Use It?

Hello,

Currently a few members of my guild are working on creating a parser to upload and sort parses that can be downloaded in the upcoming 1.2 content patch. It is a little based off of ACT which is a very outdated personal log that was used in Everquest. I know a lot of people are currently using that but we decided ourselves we wanted to create our very own web parser. However, before we start trying to implement it on its own URL (take World of Logs for example), we want to know how many might be interested in using it. I am posting around on many different forums to get an idea of a base of players who may be interested.

That being said: This won't have any 'TOP DPS FOR SAID FIGHT' or anything close to that. Since the XML files can be easily edited and then uploaded, a lot of the information being uploaded and posted could be skewed. We will give the ability to make certain files public or private, but in order to view another guilds/players data- you will need its own personal URL which the site will give.

Overall, this program will read the file you upload and try to sort its data based on what it finds. There may be earlier errors but we will be working to fix it.

This is unfortunately not going to be as awesome as World of Logs because the XML file only reads off Boss names and Damage dealt/received. It does not show the type of damage taken or dealt either. We are limited to what Bioware allows us to see, unfortunately.

If this is in the wrong area, please move it or what what you wish with it. There will be a poll at the top of the page to vote if this sounds like something you would use.

Thank you for reading it and I will answer any and all questions in this thread! (Relevant questions for the record )

Edit: This will be free to use and open to everyone in the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm uncertain why you would want to create one from scratch when ACT is still currently being developed and not out of date. It will do everything you want from the word go. I just checked their site there will and is support for SWTOR in it the latest version 3.1.1.24 dated 2012-03-22 even mentions SWTOR in it:

Quote Originally Posted by Act Combat Parser
    Log Parsing
    Games that flush partial(broken) log lines to file will no longer have those lines skipped during live parsing. ACT will rejoin broken segments before passing the line to the parsing plugin. This affects Rift and SWTOR.

Source

If you really want to make it from the ground up, kudos to you and I'm sure there is and will be a demand for a parser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we used ACT in Rift and it was horrible. Absolutely horrible. The base coding is just extinct. It would need a full overhaul in order to be remotely friendly in the future, that is why we want to build one from scratch.

It can be used for SWTOR now, seeing as I played around with it but it was quite annoying with its setup. Plus creating one from scratch seems like a fun gig to fill time.

If it's better/user friendlier/easier on they eyes and so on than the competition I'd use it, think that goes for most fan sites / programs, if it's well made people will use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Well we used ACT in Rift and it was horrible. Absolutely horrible. The base coding is just extinct. It would need a full overhaul in order to be remotely friendly in the future, that is why we want to build one from scratch.

It can be used for SWTOR now, seeing as I played around with it but it was quite annoying with its setup. Plus creating one from scratch seems like a fun gig to fill time.
    Yeah, that's cool. I never used ACT for Rift either I used the one that Rift Junkies made but now that the game has mod support there are in game parsers but back OT I tried act for like 20 minutes and wasn't crazy about it. It seems others swore it was the best parser in the land so I can understand wanting to make a custom one.

Good luck with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! Appreciate the support! I will try to update my OP with information as the project progresses. Right now we are just sorting out who is doing what.