anothdae, may I ask really quick if you believe that the AP was only changed to waves at the last minute?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by anothdae View Post
    Would most people that are interested in beta rather have access from day 1 or day 100?

hrmmmmmm, thats a hard one. : /
    Since we're only allowed a limited time each, yes it is.
    I like the way you tried to make it seem obvious though
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Or.... Or... I got a great one here.

You are all generally selfish (as are humans as a general nature) and you have unfair expectations, based on your interpretation of the contract you signed. Sadly, while you may feel you are entitled to beta the MOMENT it launched, you are not. There was nothing in the contract you signed that stated such, and continuing to blather on (worse let, the mods letting you) is really only serving to make this issue a massive compilation of stupid. You obviously don't understand the law that well, and the contract was written within the bounds of law. It was your unreasonable expectations that have lead you to believe you were entitled to the beta.

This type of behaviour is why professionals in the service industry have to "train" their customers. Otherwise, they go into 161+ page threads blathering on about something they have no actual footing to be upset about. I'm sorry, but this strictly comes down to the lack of reasonable expectations on the part of the gamers asking for invites, or demanding explanations, claiming it's unfair, or trying to leverage an "unclear communication". Just get over it, and move on. You have a contract on your side that states you will receive access. Blizzard doesn't need you right now to help test, and like most games, they have WAVES of Beta. It was unreasonable for 1-2 million people to expect to test the game right away.

Please understand that letting in 100-200k people to test the game is the RIGHT way to do it, so they can push new builds live, introduce new players who are playing content the old players won't touch anymore, and report new bugs. It's just how a SMART business runs their operation, and I'm sorry that you guys have a stick up your butt about a contract that falls within acceptable bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    See, the issue is that the way a company clarifies the exact details of how an offer is going to work, that communication has a name. It's called a "contract", or "terms of use". And those terms of use were absolutely crystal clear when the Annual Pass launched.

If you didn't read them, then yes, you made a mistake, and you only have yourself to blame.

It isn't Blizzard's fault if some few customers did not read the very clear and specific materials they not only made available but required you to confirm that you had read in full before agreeing.

If you didn't read the TOU, and signed anyway, and didn't realize what you were signing on to, not only did you make a foolish mistake (never sign a contract without reading it), but you actually, specifically, lied. There's a clear dishonesty in the relationship that's causing the friction, yes. But it isn't Blizzard that lied to you. It's YOU that lied to BLIZZARD.

And are now trying to blame Blizzard for your own dishonesty.

Those of us who actually read the contract, like you're supposed to with any contract, and like Blizzard required you to do before signing, there have been no surprises since. We're getting exactly what we signed on for, what the contract has ALWAYS stated, and the reason we aren't upset is because we didn't lie about our understanding when we signed on.
    Its not that blizzard did something legally wrong, no one wants to sue them. Then thing is they really could have said the invites of AP holders is gonna be in waves, when they knew many AP holders got it to jump in to beta as soon as it goes live.

Deleted
    So, to recap.

The ad and the contract are at odds.

If you read the contract , you would find out you had been mislead earlier than if you waited for your beta access and found out that it's not happening.

Not seeing how this ability to find out you have been mislead earlier by backchecking the legal contract stops the advertisement from being misleading.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    So, to recap.

If you read the contract , you would find out you had been mislead earlier than if you waited for your beta access and found out that it's not happening.

Not seeing how this ability to find out you have been mislead earlier by backchecking the legal contract stops the advertisement from being misleading.

Anyone?
    I never really got how the ad was misleading, and it isn't at odds with the contract. I've been an AP from day 1 and I knew it would be in waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    The proof is there. The wording of both the orginal announchment and the promotion site misled some ppl into thinking that they would get in at launch. Sorry if you have a problem understanding that the both the announchment and the promotion led to ppl thinking something that you were 100% sure about. But you know what? That is what makes it misleading. F a c t. Sorry.
    No. None of it ever stated immediate access, but ALL statements would be true with immediate access. If I say when I move I'll throw a house warming party to. You should up to my new home the day I move expecting a party. There is no party. Was my statement false? No. Who was wrong Me or you? You. You wrongly assigned extra meaning to my words to suit your desires/needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I never really got how the ad was misleading, and it isn't at odds with the contract. I've been an AP from day 1 and I knew it would be in waves.
    It's the "you'll get in as soon as it launches" in 4 languages, plus the CEO saying the same in front of thousands which are the clue, really.

I'll say again, I think it's unintentional, but it's happened and here we are.

He doesn't know what misleading means, he thinks that him making an assumption means that it was someone else's fault.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's the "you'll get in as soon as it launches" in 4 languages, plus the CEO saying the same in front of thousands which are the clue, really.

I'm looking at the ads right now and they are just saying "Guaranteed beta access", so mind if I can see this other ad?

Other then that, yea I agree, some people took it to literally.
    Last edited by Callax; 2012-03-29 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordif View Post
    No I agreed to pay for a years uninterrupted subscription something I now know I wouldn't have done if it wasn't in a contact. The fact is if you sell something example being a car, am i then not alloud to be annopyed becasue the windows, steering wheel, and brake pedal that were promised with the car i don't get because I didn't pay more??
    Yet another one ....... sigh.
    You haven't paid for Annual Pass itself. Your example is also extremely flawed - windows, steering wheel and brake pedal are parts of every car which are not sold without them. Said parts are being sold as spare parts in shops, but car isn't sold without them.

As far as I know, Tyrael's Charger, Diablo 3 and Mists of Pandaria beta access aren't part of neither monthly subscription nor on discs with the game. Those are bonusses you get for signing that contract - you don't have to pay anything for them, they are given to you for free as long as you keep your subscription up and running for 12 months. Tyrael's Charger is not (yet) available on Blizzard Store, Diablo 3 is a 60$ game and MoP Beta is a GUARANTEED access, that you otherwise would have to opt-in and have a small chance of being picked up (and, as many other BETAs, the game will be extremely buggy and unstable, because ...... you know ....... the point of BETA is to test the content, not to ENJOY it).

And as many other users and me said in many posts, you can easily opt-out of Annual Pass simply by calling Blizzard and asking them to remove it.
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-03-29 at 03:45 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am ok with this for the sole fact that this was a great deal for players who were going to continue playing and wanted Diablo 3. Am I a little upset I haven't gotten my beta yet, of course. However, I understand the need for the invite "waves". Individuals, such as yourself" that continuously QQ about this issue will only cause harm. Blizzard will no longer offer deals such as this which is detrimental to their playerbase.

The ONLY real issue I have that ticks me off is that fact that individuals that have opted-in without purchasing the annual pass have gotten in before annual pass holders. I believe that ALL annual pass holders should get their invites and then, if needed, opt-ins should get their invites. This is only fair because of the contract that all annual pass holders have entered into with Blizzard.

So, to recap.

Anyone?
    Because it wasn't misleading. You assigning extra meaning to something because it suits you is not misleading.

Deleted
    Yep. I got the whole beta invite thing and there was in the FAQ the whole waves thing.

And yes, here we are because some people couldn't read the damned contract .
    The majority of people don't read contracts so that is irrelevent, the FAQ was changed and originally the Ad said immediate access (in 4 languages, I might add.)

The majority of people don't read contracts so that is irrelevent, the FAQ was changed and originally the Ad said immediate access (in 4 languages, I might add.)
    Bolded the part which is wrong. Your own choice not to educate yourself does not mean it is someone else's fault.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It does not say "as soon as it launches" in any of the quotes/images I have seen. The only play I've seen language like that is a News Article that did a poor job paraphrasing the announcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still like to know how blizzard is going to cram 1 million+ AP holders onto 4 realms.....and if someone says well they will put up more realms later....then why the heck didn't they do that from the start last week then.....

Quote Originally Posted by Packers View Post
    I have the AP and I didnt get in beta but I wont try and cancel or anything
    The way I see it, if you're so displeased, get out of the annual pass. Yes it's supposed to be a "contract" but you can get out of it -- you just lose all benefits of being in the annual pass. The people complaining about not being in the beta do so like the only reason they signed up for the annual pass was for beta. All right, if that's the case, unsub when you don't feel like playing anymore. I know someone who did so when he realized he really didn't want to play that long and he cancelled his account. Blizzard removed his mount and he won't get beta or Diablo 3.

If you say, "I'm not going to cancel" or "I don't want to unsubscribe" or anything along those lines... Then the way I see it, is you were going to play anyway, so the net benefits you get by signing up for the pass as opposed to just playing for a year are enormous, regardless of when you get beta or D3 or whatever.

I'm not saying Blizzard is in the right, and I'm not saying they are in the wrong. Regardless of what they are, complaining about it and doing nothing won't solve anything. If you're truly unhappy, you should write an actual, and professional letter to Blizzard, or get out of the Annual Pass. Otherwise, you really have no reason to complain, because you'll still get beta access, which you most likely would not have if you had just played without the pass, as well as a mount and Diablo 3 (which is actually worth $60 in and of itself).
    Last edited by Anowyn; 2012-03-29 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Because it wasn't misleading. You assigning extra meaning to something because it suits you is not misleading.
    If I watch the video of morhaime again, it still sounds to me like he's offering immediate acccess. I asked my sister, my brother and a few friends and they all agreed with me. Maybe it's just a northern english thing then, but here we are, nontheless.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are people still whinging and crying over this. Grow up and go out in to the sun light and get some vitamin E, sounds like you need it. Seriously, you constant tears will wreck your key boad and mouse.. I'll be happy to get an invite with only a few weeks of the testing to go, all content will be available and most bugs worked out.