Thread: The Blue Child

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can anybody post more screenshots of this from Kalimdor or other places?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just discussing this with a friend, nice find!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Finally i've missed that one.
    Around the release of TBC the Blue Child vanished due to technical issues, and many players have since asked when it'll be back. Now it seems, it's finally back, i've been waiting for that for ages. THANKS BLIZZARD!!!

I was reading Thrall Twilight of the Aspects and came across a part that said there were two moons over Azeroth. I was like "Wtf!?" and kept on WoW late that night to find the two moons, just to be met with one x3
    Figured it had something to do with the season being the reason why I couldn't find it in the night sky until sometime later I found out it just simply wasn't included in the game!

Now imagine all of the people that joined during Cata/WoTLK wondering what the second moon is for when MoP releases!

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    Finally i've missed that one.
    Around the release of TBC the Blue Child vanished due to technical issues, and many players have since asked when it'll be back. Now it seems, it's finally back, i've been waiting for that for ages. THANKS BLIZZARD!!!
    in the end it'll follow the green fire and warlock tanks to oblivion once again
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    For those of you who dont know, here is some info on Azeroth's moons, taken from Wowwiki:

This is the part that gets me > "It will be a very long time before it returns" , Does anyone know a rough time difference between TBC and moP ? I mean in in-game years.
    You do know that it was just an excuse right? Lore-wise the Blue Child never disappeared and stayed in the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Azeroth has 2 moons. The standard moon which often is refered to by night elves as Elune. The second has been missing from Azeroth since even vanilla. It is smaller and it is called the blue child, because it is smaller and blue colored. So it's about time it got added in.
    Wouldn't having two moons enormously fuck over the tidal system and make seamanship very difficult?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Nice to see it's finally back. It always bothered me that there were all these references to two moons in the game lore (even to the point of it being a major plot point in the Firelands Legendary storyline), yet in game only a single moon actually appeared.

I'm surprised it took them so long to add it back in. I know there was technical issues with it before, but they did make 2 complete expansions in the mean time...
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

wheres the other moon ? is there a ss comparing them ? how do we know that the current moon isent just updated
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool to have it back, that will make Azeroth look just that bit more other wordly. As it should look.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Wouldn't having two moons enormously fuck over the tidal system and make seamanship very difficult?
    Don't you dare bring logic into my WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not necessarily. If anything having 2 moons to go by might make it easier to use the moon to navigate the seas. And the tidal system would be odd due to all the conflicting tides, but nothing world-shattering. People living in such a world would get used to the idea of asynchronous tides disrupting or amplifying each other and would be quite good at predicting when an exceeding high or exceedingly low tide would occur.

Of course not that any of this matters when you are dealing with a fantasy world. In A Song of Ice and Fire for example a major plot point is the fact that seasons have irregular lengths, sometimes lasting a full decade. Why do the seasons have irregular lengths? Well it hasn't been fully explained as of yet but the bottom line is "because magic".
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Might be a nice addition, I love when Blizz pays extra attention to the little things..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Not necessarily. If anything having 2 moons to go by might make it easier to use the moon to navigate the seas. And the tidal system would be odd due to all the conflicting tides, but nothing world-shattering. People living in such a world would get used to the idea of asynchronous tides disrupting or amplifying each other and would be quite good at predicting when an exceeding high or exceedingly low tide would occur.

Of course not that any of this matters when you are dealing with a fantasy world. In A Song of Ice and Fire for example a major plot point is the fact that seasons have irregular lengths, sometimes lasting a full decade. Why do the seasons have irregular lengths? Well it hasn't been fully explained as of yet but the bottom line is "because magic".
    Probably why I generally hate high fantasy stories, then. I don't like magic unless it's constrained by normal physical laws, to the point that the practice and study of magic isn't much different from a flashier kind of engineering.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    yehiii welcome back oh blue one

finally, bout time
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

This is all I could think about upon seeing this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVekNsgUqn4

I is nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
    The Blue Child was active during WoW vanilla Alpha, and then got removed for no reason at all.

Weird shit, indeed.
    It was there in the live vanilla game as well, not just alpha. IIRC, it got removed in patch 2.0, the pre-expansion patch that was applied before TBC.

Here's a screenie of it from December 2005: http://i.imgur.com/0gdfw.jpg

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think it'd be interesting to visit the moons one day - probably filled with titan artifacts.

I bet Algalon's observatory is built on one... he is called 'the Observer' after all (Marvel comics 'The Watcher' reference ftw).
    Only if we get cat-people as the new race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Wait, WoW has Night Time?

I been away too long
    It always has, afaik. It used to be more pronounced, but then they changed it so you can really barely tell. But there are very subtle differences in lighting based on server time.

In Dalaran there are some npcs that light the streetlamps, I believe, even, when it gets "dark".
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.