Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalz View Post
    it would be like giving paladins a glyph that temporarily made them into a rogue-like character.
    Paladins don't need a glyph to play like a rogue, Cata did that for them
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

I'd rather they give my Pet that ability to OT than to give my character the ability. Let me sit in the back, doing my attrition warfare thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey what happened to enhancement tanks? I thought we shamans were next in line to get a tanking spec. Ghost Bear form? I think yes!
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    I read this whole thread, I know exactly what you were talking about. I have two druids in our 10 man raid, neither of whom I would ever ask to tank, I have one paladin in my raid whom I would never ask to tank. Simply because a class has the ability to do something doesn't mean the player is capable of doing so nor would I force them to do it if they didn't want to. The fact that you don't want to be asked to tank doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not the warlock, as a class, should have the ability to tank. Do you also avoid playing alts that you could be asked to bring in on a night when the raid is short a tank?
    The argument about who a guild would recruit could be made about any hybrid class being taken over a pure class or recruiting someone who has a raid ready alt of another class/roll and it isn't any different.
    Not every guild has such a kind wonderful GM such as yourself that would call off a raid to spare his dps learning a tank/heal role or recruit hybrid dps without asking them to have tank/heal offspecs.

When meta first came out, it was designed as a tanking form. Let's face it: taunt, armor buff, reduced damage, aoe...As of today it's only a dps CD with a (cool?) visual effect. Blizz should just remove it from the game and add a CD saying +25% damage for Xsec . Or just remove Demo all together. Pet specs are bad pve/pvp wise (see demo / BM). BM is at least quite fun in pvp.

With this out, I am still looking forward to Destro pvp. I have no hope for demo though.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Not every guild has such a kind wonderful GM such as yourself that would call off a raid to spare his dps learning a tank/heal role or recruit hybrid dps without asking them to have tank/heal offspecs.
    Now its gone from "of course" to "not every"

Most hardcore guilds require you have an alt. I can easily tell you "get the fuck off your 'main' and get on your paladin or get the fuck outta my guild" because the "guild" is more important than the "player" so fuck your meta, because we want to kill this tonight.

Oh, right, warlocks despite being in "pure DPS" were told the same thing, get the fuck off your warlock and get the fuck on your "insert class X that does Spine better", because hybrid classes DPS better than so-called "pure shit" warlock.

Or you can sit out, because you have 3 DPS specs worth of shit and no off-role to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    A glyph doth not a tank make.

Warlocks will not be tanks now or ever.

Locks tanked in BC, Locks have provided tanking rolls in raid content in ICC (Princes locks could tank one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I'd rather they give my Pet that ability to OT than to give my character the ability. Let me sit in the back, doing my attrition warfare thing.
    you already can, this is something else, in which they are expanding on the meta model that is currently in place, and that some of us really like
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Yet to see any reason from the anti tank brigade that doesn't boil down to some form of:

"Locks weren't tanks before!!11"
    "I'm scared of change"
    "People might actually play my class"
    "I don't want to be a tank and my guild leader is a douche"
    "Locks have no tank skills"

Anybody got an actual reason why more tanks are a bad thing? Which brings me to the best ever answer why we should not tank on a warlock:

"There are too many tanks"

Fucking hell, what WoW is this? It must be some crazy future WoW. Too many tanks..! HAH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    Now its gone from "of course" to "not every"

Most hardcore guilds require you have an alt. I can easily tell you "get the fuck off your 'main' and get on your paladin or get the fuck outta my guild" because the "guild" is more important than the "player" so fuck your meta, because we want to kill this tonight.

Oh, right, warlocks despite being in "pure DPS" were told the same thing, get the fuck off your warlock and get the fuck on your "insert class X that does Spine better", because hybrid classes DPS better than so-called "pure shit" warlock.

Or you can sit out, because you have 3 DPS specs worth of shit and no off-role to show for it.
    I'd gladly sit out for my guild if my "pure dps" spec was useless for an encounter for the benefit of the guild. This spine argument is an offtopic issue and something I would have beef with Blizzard over encounter and class design not my guild. Additionally not one hardcore guild on my server has the requirement you must have an alt to join, I would imagine guilds at the peak of clearing content have that requirement but for 98% of the people I don't think this applies.

Are you guys seriously questioning the belief that some people play certain classes to dps and dps only? I know you're all butthurt over the recent glyph that was misinterpreted but personally attacking me that I am bad and have questionable loyalty towards my guild because I want to play my character how Blizzard intended only further enforces the posters saying the only people who wanted the demo tanking spec are the kid fotm rerollers wanting shiny new things.

Um, you're missing the point. You concocted a straw man situation in which simply because you could tank you would be required to. I'm pointing out that there are lots of places where that isn't the case as well as lots of places where if you had an alt who could tank, you'd be expected to bring that in as well.

I'd gladly sit out for my guild if my "pure dps" spec was useless for an encounter for the benefit of the guild. This spine argument is an offtopic issue and something I would have beef with Blizzard over encounter and class design not my guild. Additionally not one hardcore guild on my server has the requirement you must have an alt to join, I would imagine guilds at the peak of clearing content have that requirement but for 98% of the people I don't think this applies.

Are you guys seriously questioning the belief that some people play certain classes to dps and dps only? I know you're all butthurt over the recent glyph that was misinterpreted but personally attacking me that I am bad and have questionable loyalty towards my guild because I want to play my character how Blizzard intended only further enforces the posters saying the only people who wanted the demo tanking spec are the kid fotm rerollers wanting shiny new things.
    Of those top guilds how many of them, who are recruiting a shadow priest, would deny a top parsing shadow priest because in their app they stated that they enjoyed the DPS style of a shadow priest and have no desire or intent of ever healing? You've elected to apply your hardcore reasoning to the only part of the argument that justifies your feelings on the matter. Any guild that would cause you to lose your spot because you aren't willing to play an off spec is going to be the same guild that would kick you if you have an alt that you won't bring or any of the other hypothetical situations that require similar mindsets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No.

Just no.

Tank on a tanking class.

Keep it away from my Warlock.
    Do keep in mind that Warlock has tanked a few raidbosses before. Many people liked it, so it's not such a weird idea.
    Personally, I'd love to tank on my Warlock. It sounds like a lot of fun.

affliction is the best pvp spec for pvp
    destro is best for pve
    demo just sucks for both and is way to dependent on retarded AI pet that gets glitched on arena elevator and follows easy to predict behavior. just make it fun (tank)like everyone wants and move on
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    The negativity of a certain few people have pulled the course of the thread.

The reasons given why locks should not be tanks, by gc, is saying that they would need to make a new gear to tank with, rather than just dps gear. (bear tank anyone?) Saying that the entire glyph was supposed to be fun/cute, is utter crap, as we can solo most old end game content to begin with (now with this, we wont have to think as hard) Off-off tank with how gc said his last post, stating that we would not have a damage reduction, until we enter threatening presence, essentially making us catbear( specially for those one tank bosses, but u need another tank to tank all that aoe crap for a minute)

Through what he has said, its basically giving up a major glyph so that u can tank for a good minute, and then turn it off and then continue to dps as normal. Now, dont get me wrong, it sounds nice... in certain situations, but lets be honest, I would rather tank as a lock fully. From everything given, from glyph, it essentually makes u a tank, which was great (-6% crit, 600% stats, 500% threat). And it was a glyph, so if there were some negative people, they could simply not have to learn the glyph, and keep to there subpar pure dps, that is worse than a few hybrids, and the worst of the 4 pure dps. Now would that forcing tanking on the people that are like Noooooo, no it wouldnt. What about the negative people that are no reroll? well I currently have all 4 tanks. pally and druid are to easy, Dk and War are fun. Demo would have brought more fun.

And if this makes it through from beta, and not a really gimped version, I will still try to demo tank with it. (as long as it has the mitigation and the crit reduction)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    affliction is the best pvp spec for pvp
    destro is best for pve
    demo just sucks for both and is way to dependent on retarded AI pet that gets glitched on arena elevator and follows easy to predict behavior. just make it fun (tank)like everyone wants and move on
    Affliction is the best for pve. What the fuck are you on about for the rest? There's not one situation where destro has simply been stated 'the best', except maybe Morchok HC... but who cares for the first HC encounter which is always gonna be a faceroll. Most other situations Demo, affliction AND demo are all in a similar boat - I generally favour Demo as the nerfs come in, as shorter fights = much more disproportion from Demonology DPS = makes me look OP!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with the OP. I'm not ruling out that it could happen someday. It just isn't happening in Mists.
    Admittedly that glyph is a lot more than I could have hoped for and if they want people to have to pick dps loss gear when deciding to gear for tank, just use cloth spirit gear. I find it annoying when spirit cloth drops and we don't have a priest in the raid. If we could use spirit gear for tanking, it would save some gear from getting DE'ed. I'd gladly collect spirit gear if there was a reason.

If blizzard is trying to get some interest in the lock class with all these changes to demo and destro, adding another role check option opens up the class to people looking to play that role.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n00k13 View Post
    What glyph, what is this topic about? How can one glyph make you tank?
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/63303-gl...-demon-hunting

Glyph of Demon Hunting
    Demonic Fury now reduces damage taken instead of increasing damage dealt.

In addition, while using Metamorphosis, Soulshatter taunts your target, Twilight Ward will absorb all schools of damage and Demonic Slash is shorter range and generates fury.
    It gives us mitigation through mastery, a taunt and a way to stay in meta (instead of only temporary). And that's really all we need because everything else we already have. As a bonus Ward also turns into an all-purpose cooldown.

Seriously, as it is now on beta all they need to do is tweak the numbers and we'd be viable tanks. They could work on something like dodge as a secondary defensive stat next to mastery, but that's just optional.

hey there are idiot warlocks just like there are idiot shaman that want a tank spec WHO KNEW?!

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Do some of you guys even understand that the tanking is a bonus??
    You can still do whatever you did before, the possibility to tank is just an added bonus, why whine that you don't want it?
    I'm having a hard time understanding this myself. "I don't want to do it, so I don't want anyone to be able to do it" is the mentality. It's mind-boggling. Makes no sense whatsoever. They don't want something that won't affect them.

It's like if I said I don't want to buy cappuccinos at McDonald's, therefore they should not sell them.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding this myself. "I don't want to do it, so I don't want anyone to be able to do it" is the mentality. It's mind-boggling. Makes no sense whatsoever. They don't want something that won't affect them.

It's like if I said I don't want to buy cappuccinos at McDonald's, therefore they should not sell them.
    I salute you sir, for talking sense!