The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone ever made profit off of buying several collecters editions then reselling?

I made the mistake of buying 3 age of conans. DERP! Has anyone made any profit on ebay doing this with more successful stories. I still have 1 left LOL. I used 1 and the other 1 got stolen. Your thoughts with other upcoming titles? Not naming names =P

Deleted
    I've moved this to video games discussion as it doesn't seem to be title specific.

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the game. Something like WoW, the CE doesn't really matter now because they make so many. The original WoW (Vanilla) really was a collectors edition because not many people bought it (who knew the game would end up being so popular) and they also made a limited amount (which is why they fetch so much on eBay and similar places)
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Some CEs are so common they rot on store shelves.

The last good one to do this with I can think of was Metroid Prime Trilogy. That one was a known limited release that only got one print. But I can still find Cata and SC2 CE's sitting on store shelves years after release.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    It really depends on the game. Something like WoW, the CE doesn't really matter now because they make so many. The original WoW (Vanilla) really was a collectors edition because not many people bought it (who knew the game would end up being so popular) and they also made a limited amount (which is why they fetch so much on eBay and similar places)
    I remember seeing those on Ebay before BC even came out for upwards of $700