Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldman View Post
    so how will valor counter really bad luck when you need to get the drop to use the points?
    where is the coherence in that?
    specially with the fact that people in LFR can win items they already have, it can end up being hell if you are unlucky
    The valor points will increase ilevel and stats on ANY piece of gear obtained, including the gear people will get from the heroic 5 mans. Not just from gear from raid content.

Also, to address people qq'ing about offspecs..if you want to gear your offspec so bad, then learn to play it. Even if you are in shit gear you should be able to do a decent job if you are any good at the spec. Look at the guilds that downed world and realm 1sts on Cata's 1st tier of content. None of their players out geared the content. If people just know how to play their classes, they'll be fine. Whats so wrong with Blizzard saying 'Que as the spec you want gear for' ? Skill > gear in almost every scenario, you can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    WHAT?? No more welfar epics?? :O I'm in shock! Go Blizz Go!
    well, actually, you're wrong.

there is a small potential, depending on class make-up and rng, for everyone to win something off of every boss

there is a greater potential that everyone in the raid will win something every run

under the old system if the boss dropped hunter, shaman, warrior, priest loot only 4 people would end up with loot (1 of each of the classes I mentioned)

in the new system if there are 3 hunters, 3 shamans, 3 warriors and 3 priests there is the potential for the game to decide they all "won" the roll and they would all get the gear (and I'm not even factoring in the lucky charms they talked about)

it's welfare epics taken to a new scale and yet people are still complaining essentially because they didn't guarantee that the afkers and scrubs would get every piece of gear they wanted the first few times they ran LFR - and to think they keep dumbing down the game to keep these people happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    if i get something I already have, the system is broken.
    So if you are a frost dk, and the boss dies and gives you a one handed axe, and then next week does again..the system is broken? let's think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Damn long explanation to say that they are taking SWTOR's normal mode looting.
    Hah, and all the wow fans say SWTOR is a copy, there is change number two that blizzard stole from SWTOR. Well, the big patch is coming out for us SWTOR players , lets see whatelse blizz can take to try to keep their falling numbers.I bet next it will be puzzle mechanics in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquesthunter View Post
    Hah, and all the wow fans say SWTOR is a copy, there is change number two that blizzard stole from SWTOR. Well, the big patch is coming out for us SWTOR players , lets see whatelse blizz can take to try to keep their falling numbers.I bet next it will be puzzle mechanics in raids.
    SWTOR stole it from Rift, as was already sad many times. SWTOR isn't anything new just like all MMO's.

So, I don't really care about the beta situation at all, but if I was lead developer of Blizzard and making a post at this point in time, I would not close it with

Check it out in beta if you get the chance.
    I really can't believe he said that during an enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    So if you are a frost dk, and the boss dies and gives you a one handed axe, and then next week does again..the system is broken? let's think about it...
    haha nice one..if it gave me everything i need and nothing i dont need then id be geared so quickly that there will be no fun qqs and teasing of guildmates with items.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's LFR loot rules so I don't see what you mean by that!!!
    its for LFR and World Bosses so that world bosses are pug friendly in terms of finding peeps... and avoiding ninja looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    The valor points will increase ilevel and stats on ANY piece of gear obtained, including the gear people will get from the heroic 5 mans. Not just from gear from raid content.

Also, to address people qq'ing about offspecs..if you want to gear your offspec so bad, then learn to play it. Even if you are in shit gear you should be able to do a decent job if you are any good at the spec. Look at the guilds that downed world and realm 1sts on Cata's 1st tier of content. None of their players out geared the content. If people just know how to play their classes, they'll be fine. Whats so wrong with Blizzard saying 'Que as the spec you want gear for' ? Skill > gear in almost every scenario, you can't make this stuff up.
    even if that's the case(which would make a lot of more sense) there still is luck involved in such a case.
    i know it's fairly easy to get drops from heroics, but some people have really bad luck with some drops(for example i only saw the belt from well of eternity first boss ONCE and never again) which means you can be stuck with a green forever.
    talking about the lfr system, the offspec stuff doesn't bother me, but i think it's pretty bad programing when someone can win an item he already has(and thus doesn't need at all) vs someone dressed in blues

Deleted
    My braincells hurt when reading stuff from BC. Why? Because:
    The boss dies. I get the exact item or items I want. I never have to come back and kill this boss again.
    Yeah, I kill morchok, get my desired item and guess what. I still have to kill him because its the 1st boss of the raid. The planned system doesnt change how long I have to kill a boss to get the items on my wishlist. It just changes how players roll for the item. Is there a different loot table than the current bosses have? No. Will we see paladins roll on agility items? Perhaps not.
    The big difference here is that instead of kill -> loot -> roll, the new system uses kill -> roll -> loot. The loot is not determined until the winners are determined. It's all automatic, and you're under no obligation to pass or roll — these choices no longer exist. The game decides who gets loot, not the players. The end. Nobody is going to be a callous jerk and take the item that you rightfully deserve. Nobody is going to try to talk you into trading an item to them because they are down on their luck and can't ever win a weapon. No DPS dude is going to ninja the tanking shield that you need for your guild to progress.
    I wonder if he ever attended to a raid. If he would, he would know that there are 3 groups of players. The ones that just kill the bosses and roll need what they think they can use, the one that have a list next to them because they know that boss drops what they need and the one following best in slot lists from EJ or elsewhere. GC seems to be none of them. What if I have my item from the boss? Will I get the item a 2nd time if the game decides that win? Or will they make items (except certain 1h weapons) unique? Will this system be only LFR or LFG too?

The gear SHOULD be traded between raid members. The others who lost the roll earned a piece from that boss aswell. If the winner doesnt need the loot the roll will go to a total waste. But I can see what blizz wants to do there. If players get loots faster , they will stop playing faster so , yeah..

world of loot craft?if they spent 1/10th of the time they spend on this on...LFR is for showing content? Remove loot from it totally and let's see who is interested in seeing content.No one.

So now I'm going to have to farm dungeons for valor every time i get a new piece of gear to stay top-end? Hopefully those dungeons are damn good cause were going to be spending a lot of time in there, if there is no cap.

Could have shortened the whole "LFR" explanation by say "were copying swtor's normal raid loot system".

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    And how would the 95% of us that don't know about SWTOR know what they meant then?
    I think you are underestimating the number of people who play or played wow and now play swtor instead and visit this site.

Deleted
    Don't like the valour changes, welcome to world of lotterycraft. :/

totally untransparent if you ask me... why not keep it as it is and accept luck as part of the way things work? Everything seems to be about how everyone deserves to get his share of loot nowadays, wth has happened to, you know, play the game for the challenge and the fun of it?!

Also lol@ anyone stating lfr is for seeing content, its about the loot- just as always...
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2012-03-27 at 09:31 PM.

This all sounds great. I hate the concept of farming VP for loot, I even hate it more when I invite some idiot with ilvl395 and they completely blow, just wearing hordes of VP gear.One thing, I don't think LFR should drop armor tokens or BIS weapons (even if their ilvls are slightly lower in LFR).

who would actually argue over lfr loot, come on... I've seen the kind of people who do this and they are mostly the kind of people you'd have removed from wow anyway. life doesn't work like this and I don't see any reason to waste development time and effort into something as pointless as this.

I think this whole system sounds amazing. Leave it Blizzard to once again raise the bar of MMO's. Haters gunna hate but anyone with a brain can see this being a near perfect solution.

because its utter nonsense to make a science of its own for crap loot from a place thats meant for "seeing content".