Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question anyone else on a DIET right now?

i've been on the paleo diet for a week now and i think i'm gonna be on it for the long run. anyone else on a diet right now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am, sort of. My problem is eating large amounts of carbohydrates. I'm currently working on cutting that out (almost) completely. Also, lots more exercise.

I like to call the second part of that diet the "It's summer, there's nothing better to do all day, so go bike 40 miles!" diet. It works wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

I'm on the same diet that cartman was in your Avatar

Deleted
    The worst part of a diet is not being able to drink coke.

i tried to diet once, I lasted 1 and a half day and then just gave up, it was so hard

but its ok because I never gain any weight anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentwell View Post
    Coke Zero FTW!

I'm on a diet, but it's not one of the ones that have you solely eating a certain type of food group or ignoring others. I've just set a goal of doing 30 minutes of cardio on top of my usual days activity and consuming 1500 calories in total, while avoiding massive amounts of staurated fat and sugars. The Paleolithic Diet is based on an era where we were far more physically active than we are today, so I'm personally going to stick with just eating less calories and avoiding utter crap for food.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Been on one for about 7 months, down 100lbs. I am doing a program were I eat 5 of their meals and some lean and green. Probably about 1300 calories a day but that varies. Walking about 5 miles a week on average. Its not to bad but I sure crave some of that awful food every once and awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    i've been on the paleo diet for a week now and i think i'm gonna be on it for the long run. anyone else on a diet right now?

Not sure if I am on diet, more like a life style change.

I only drink diet soda.

I eat smaller portions, heavy on baked chicken, brown rice and vegetables, and exercising 4-5 times a week.

Lost 40 pounds so far, almost down below 200.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Coke Zero FTW!
    I drink Coke Vanilla Zero.

It's so good.

I'm not on a diet, but I am on a change of health lifestyle.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    Not sure if I am on diet, more like a life style change.

I only drink diet soda.

I eat smaller portions, heavy on baked chicken, brown rice and vegetables, and exercising 4-5 times a week.

Lost 40 pounds so far, almost down below 200.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 11:53 PM ----------

I drink Coke Vanilla Zero.

It's so good.
    grats!

dieting is hard, I fnd it easier to increase the amount of exersize I do, while making small gradual changes to my diet, I.E. less fastfood, les fried foods and processed foods etc etc.

I do a hour of exersize in the morning 5 days a week, then run anywhere from 2-4 miles a day during lunch

Running 2-4 miles on the weekends, and/or ruck marching with my dog (hiking with a weighted backpack) for a few miles.

my calorie intake is anywhere from 1500-2000 a day
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2012-03-28 at 01:00 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

Diets are useless people keep their bad habits when the diet ends...

The BEST way to lose weight and never get fat again is to change your food consumption habits...Cut the useless snacks, eat healthier food...It's REALLY that simple...

I used to weigh 210 pounds...I lost 60 just by changing my bad habits....

Eating less sugar, bread, cutting ALL snacks between meal times.....If I did it...ANYONE can...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wentwell View Post
    water water water, unless u like rotten teeth of course, just have a bottle of water with you, then you get into a routine of drinking it, i used to drink coke like it was going outta fashion then got my dentist bill and 2 fillings later, off coke for 4 years now, and dont people fool you by saying going to diet coke is better for you, soda is soda not matter if it has diet in front of its name or not.
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-03-28 at 01:11 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    Diets are useless people keep their bad habits when the diet ends...

The BEST way to lose weight and never get fat again is to change your food consumption habits...Cut the useless snacks, eat healthier food...It's REALLY that simple...

I used to weigh 210 pounds...I lost 60 just by changing my bad habits....

Eating less sugar, bread, cutting ALL snacks between meal times.....If I did it...ANYONE can...
    Well i wouldn't comepletely cut bread out...especially if you have a active exersize routine.

No, i'm not, just normally eat this way. But when random people about how I usually eat, they think I am.

I eat mostly chicken/turkey breasts, cottage cheese, eggs, oats, rice, pasta, bread, sunflower oil, tea, some vegetables. Sometimes add protein powder. No sweets besides honey and dried fruit. No fastfood, no chips, no carbonated drinks, no prefabricated foods.

And I feel great.

I guess most people just don't know how to make simple and heathy food that is tasty, or too lazy to cook.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2012-03-28 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I just work out an hour every day ^.^ (except sunday, to let muscles rest)
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

My most difficult challenge regarding a diet is staying away from fast/processed foods.

I work alot of hours at a very stressful job, eatting out is very tempting.

I will be in about 2 weeks. Still in the planning stages, but the big three items on the list so far are: getting more active (30 minutes/day minimum), swapping soda for water, and getting better food in me (more greens, less fried crap). I've watched a long time friend and mentor drop about 35 pounds over the past 4 years pretty much the same way.
    CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

15+ Year Old Account
    New Years resolution was to go Vegetarian. Still am, and plan on continuing it throughout the year. I eat as a Pescetarian when I am out at restaurants, due to the difficulty of ordering a simple all vegetarian meal. I've lost somewhere around 15-20 lbs since becoming a vegetarian with very low physical activity, and since cutting red meat, and fried food out of my diet (I did that somewhere around halfway through last year) I've lost another 15-20 lbs. Overall, I'm bouncing between 182-185 lbs and I was originally 225 lbs.

Stupid question, I'm sure at least one other person besides you is on a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    I will be in about 2 weeks. Still in the planning stages, but the big three items on the list so far are: getting more active (30 minutes/day minimum), swapping soda for water, and getting better food in me (more greens, less fried crap). I've watched a long time friend and mentor drop about 35 pounds over the past 4 years pretty much the same way.
    Those are great ideas....and if you stick by them I bet you lose much more than that, much more quickly.

My advice....find somewhere nice to walk/run. A trail, something like that thats sirene, and calms you.

Think of it as "me" time...no work stress, no wife/kids stressing you out....just you, your thoughts and your wellbeing