Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pandaren monk + scroll of resurrection

Has blizzard stated if SoR will work at boosting a monk to level80?

Deleted
    Personally I think it's extremely unlikely that SoR will still be available when MoP goes live. It's likely to be a temporary perk.

But no, there hasn't been any official word on what would happen if SoR was available... but they've implemented the SoR to get players back at a point when subscriptions are dipping and people have left.... there is no good reason to have SoR perks available at the release of a new expansion which will be a massively popular time for people to return without any perks.

In order for the account to have a monk it would have had to been active after 3/4/12 so it would be disqualified anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I assume the boost only works if you have a Monk on the account already. As in it being inactive with a Monk.

If SoR is available when monks are available and someone doesn't have to choose the character that's boosted right away it should work. Nothing kept people from race changing to worgen first day. Could you RaF an account last xpac and grant levels to the race?

Both SoR and RaF gifted levels to 80 'should' work as long as they are available during pandaria release unless they specifically deny the ability to the monk class. I haven't heard a statement saying they won't. If anyone has feel free to post it.

P.S. I'm not sure how SoR works. Do they have to choose which character to boost to 80 before playing? If that doesn't work RaF gifted levels will.
    Last edited by Nish77; 2012-03-26 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want an instant 80 monk? That's oblivious to the whole concept of leveling a new class and learning it, you'll be in level 80 cata dungeons going "Hurrr wut I do?" because you didn't learn the class. If Blizzard actually lets people do this, then those people are despicable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo Snake View Post
    Why would you want an instant 80 monk? That's oblivious to the whole concept of leveling a new class and learning it, you'll be in level 80 cata dungeons going "Hurrr wut I do?" because you didn't learn the class. If Blizzard actually lets people do this, then those people are despicable.
    despicable, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    despicable, eh?
    I pictured Camo saying that in Daffy Duck's voice.

OT: I don't think Blizz has announced that it will be available for them, but it does certainly seem unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I assume the boost only works if you have a Monk on the account already. As in it being inactive with a Monk.
    Actually when you go to boost a character you have the option of logging on and making a new character and then boosting that one. However, Blizzard has clearly stated that these SoR perks are only going to be available for 90 days. So by the time MoP is out the perks will no longer be active!

Short answer: No.

10+ Year Old Account
    The digital upgrade and level boost will only be available for scrolls sent during the 90-day promotion period. Players who accept a Scroll of Resurrection that was sent after the promotion period ends will still receive 7 days of free game time, but will not be eligible for the digital upgrade or level boost.
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...ection-faq#q22

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Nope. You can make a character and right away hop it to 80.

The current form of Scroll of res is a limited time offer. By limited time, I'm assuming they mean they'll end it very near MoP release but before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The question becomes - will they leave 90 days between disabling SoR perks, and MoP?
    That pegs MoP in July+ if they cancelled SoR today.. Most predictions were Q2?

SoR > MoP releases within 90days > Use perk on monk?

Obviously as the above posts have stated, SoR would not be an option for the monk, but what about RAF?

Yet to see any info on whether they'll allow that for monks.

15+ Year Old Account
    when is the 90 day period over?

Ah, my bad - RAF has a 90day window, but apparently SoR is only usable until they end SoR, regardless of when you personally used it. They will probably give warning, but that means definitely no SoR monks.

Back to hoping RaF isn't disabled! Ideally usable beforehand, to gift levels day1

people do that with Raf already... =_="
    Not like most of them are gonna be the worse kids mooching off others success and actual knowledge.
    you could play a new class at 80 and know how to somewhat play properly instantly imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    people do that with Raf already... =_="
    Not like most of them are gonna be the worse kids mooching off others success and actual knowledge.
    you could play a new class at 80 and know how to somewhat play properly instantly imo
    I know, but what I'm getting at is that currently everybody knows how every class works. Imagine doing this when Wotlk when Death knight was a completely new class system, instant 70. No body had hardly any idea of how they worked. With monk, we already have a general idea but anything is subject to change since it is beta after all, but imagine a player who has never experienced the monk class playing one at level 80. It's... horrid to think about grouping with those players >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro King View Post
    In order for the account to have a monk it would have had to been active after 3/4/12 so it would be disqualified anyway.
    You can create a brand new character and boost it to 80. For example , if you had all classes maxed but a Priest, and didn't even have a level 1 Priest on the account, you can create it, and boost it right after. Nothing was state that it had to be an existing character, therwfore if the SoRT is available at the time, unless Blizz disables the monk, it should be possible.

Deleted
    Why are people saying SoR isn't going to be available when MoP hits stores? SoR will still be there, but the offer where you get a free lvl 80 won't.

Deleted
    i'm going to learn my monk in beta like 1million more will do, so your statemant is pointless