Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivalion View Post
    No.
    I said play your best. Not play the best champion.

There is a vast difference. I even explained this when you first questioned it.
    Playing your best involves even the pick stage, but oh well.
    Since my previous quote mining clearly wasn't specific enough.

and to play the best possible way.
    This to me, quite clearly involves picking the best champions, masteries, and runes.

Also, I just scrolled up and checked.
    When did you ever "explain" this? The closest thing is quoting the definition of optimal, which is hardly an explanation because you're just explaining a word that you supposedly never said even though you said something synonymous. If you could quote exactly where you do so, that would be lovely.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-08-11 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Playing your best involves even the pick stage, but oh well.
    Since my previous quote mining clearly wasn't specific enough.

This to me, quite clearly involves picking the best champions, masteries, and runes.

Also, I just scrolled up and checked.
    When did you ever "explain" this? The closest thing is quoting the definition of optimal, which is hardly an explanation because you're just explaining a word that you supposedly never said even though you said something synonymous. If you could quote exactly where you do so, that would be lovely.
    Every champion is perfectly viable, don't put words in my mouth.
    This sentence alone should've been more than enough considering the context.

Personally enjoy playing Rammus now and again, even WW just for nostalgic reasons (my first jungler.. he'll always have a place in my heart <3). Have a friend who enjoys AD Sion which he'll pick quite often and he still wins his lane more often than not and we'll still win the game more often than not. Then there's Styles who loves playing GP, who we all know is outdated and pretty poor, 9/10 he'll still win his lane and we'll still win the game. Play whatever champion you want as long as it's not trolly as fuck (read: AP Cait) and as long as you try your hardest in-game, playing, decision-making building, reading up on masteries, runes, choosing the proper summoner spells, then you're fine and you've done enough.
    You can still do your best while playing a champion you enjoy that isn't screwing your team over. (read: AP Cait or the likes)
    And do remember that perfectly viable doesn't mean competetively viable, top-tier pick or anything of that sorts. It just means it works in one way or another. And there's no such thing as a troll champ. Perfect example of this would be how EVERYONE (yes everyone) thought Karma jungle was immensely troll until Diamond took it to LCS.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-08-11 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    This sentence alone should've been more than enough considering the context.
    But you didn't say viable, you said best.
    Do I need to quote where you said best a million times again?

Trying to act like champion picking doesn't count is like showing up to a tennis match with a badminton racket and saying that you're "playing your best."

Deleted
    Yes, please quote me where I mentioned you to specifically play the best champion or else been deemed a troll.

You want quotes, let's have it. Please. Because so far you've only quoted me and then misinterpreted it's meaning.

You want to nitpick with synonomes and whatnot, fine, quote me where I specifically said to play the best champion.

You're literally just arguing for the sake of arguing. Holy fucking shit.

I'll quote this again since you seem so fond of ignoring bits of my comments:

Personally enjoy playing Rammus now and again, even WW just for nostalgic reasons (my first jungler.. he'll always have a place in my heart <3). Have a friend who enjoys AD Sion which he'll pick quite often and he still wins his lane more often than not and we'll still win the game more often than not. Then there's Styles who loves playing GP, who we all know is outdated and pretty poor, 9/10 he'll still win his lane and we'll still win the game. Play whatever champion you want as long as it's not trolly as fuck (read: AP Cait) and as long as you try your hardest in-game, playing, decision-making building, reading up on masteries, runes, choosing the proper summoner spells, then you're fine and you've done enough.
    Play whatever champion you want as long as it's not trolly as fuck (read: AP Cait) and as long as you try your hardest in-game, playing, decision-making building, reading up on masteries, runes, choosing the proper summoner spells, then you're fine and you've done enough.
    --->
    And do remember that perfectly viable doesn't mean competetively viable, top-tier pick or anything of that sorts. It just means it works in one way or another. And there's no such thing as a troll champ. Perfect example of this would be how EVERYONE (yes everyone) thought Karma jungle was immensely troll until Diamond took it to LCS.
    Trying to act like champion picking doesn't count is like showing up to a tennis match with a badminton racket and saying that you're "playing your best."
    Please quote me on where I stated champion picks doesn't count. Thank you.

Also, horrible analogy.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-08-11 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    quote me where I specifically said to play the best champion.
    Reminder: Playing your best involves picking the best hero.
    and to play the best possible way.
    There, done.

You're literally just arguing for the sake of arguing. Holy fucking shit.
    It's slightly entertaining to see people who cannot ever be wrong but that's not the main reason, no.

10+ Year Old Account

There, done.
    No, the hero you do best with. There's a subtle, but important, difference. This is precisely why Gambit Gaming let Twisted Fate go through the P&Bs, for example. Most players can't play him to the level needed, nor do they practise a champion that is banned so often.

Deleted
    That, it does not, no. Playing your best involves you not slacking during a game, feeding, trolling, etc.

There, done.

It's slightly entertaining to see people who cannot ever be wrong but that's not the main reason, no.
    I'll have no problems admitting when I'm in the wrong, but all you've come with so far is misinterpreting my comments, ignoring parts of my comments and guess-work.

You questioned it firstly, alright, I responded to clear things up and now you seem to be stuck on my first comment which has been explained to you. Over, and over. Move the fuck on.

PS: I didn't specifically say to play the best champion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No, the hero you do best with.
    Practice to get best with the best heroes. If you really really can't, then ohwell.

Please quote me on where I stated champion picks doesn't count. Thank you.
    I said play your best. Not play the best champion.
    Also, horrible analogy.
    Any analogy I make is horrible, any analogy you make is a divine blessing sent down by Ra himself etc etc.

That, it does not, no. Playing your best involves you not slacking during a game, feeding, trolling, etc.
    What.

PS: I didn't specifically say to play the best champion.
    So if I heavily imply something, to the point of obviousness, then I clearly don't mean that.
    Alright. I'm gonna to that then.

I'll have no problems admitting when I'm in the wrong.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

15+ Year Old Account

Your best champion =/= the best champion. And I agree with Sivalion. People think they need to play the OP champions in order to win when, imo, it is better to play a champion YOU PERSONALLY KNOW WELL.

I use to play Leblanc a lot, when I play SR often. She was my pick whenever I had to mid, cuz I main support. So if I were to go into a match, and everything else but mid is taken who should I play? Leblanc who I know pretty well or someone like Kass or Fizz (Champions I have almost never played and have very little knowledge of) because they are the "OP" champions? Picking Leblanc would, imo, be the better option. I know how she works, how to build and how to play her pretty well.

Practice to get best with the best heroes. If you really really can't, then ohwell.
    Or I can play the champions I want to play, do well with them, and enjoy myself. Hey, you know, that sounds like a much better idea. I'm gonna go do that.
    I am the BEASTMASTER. What are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's like saying "Why train up as a football team and go and play in the World Cup, when any random groups of people are playing Football down the park all the time! Footballs too accessable for everyone, GZ Blizzard!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterOfFire View Post
    Or I can play the champions I want to play, do well with them, and enjoy myself. Hey, you know, that sounds like a much better idea. I'm gonna go do that.
    Did you not read my reply to you.
    I'm not saying that, read the previous posts.
    My point is that everyone sacrifices tiny increases in winrate for the sake of enjoyment.

Deleted
    Everyone has to start somewhere, and by your logic no one should ever practice a new champion ever. That's just silly.

Any analogy I make is horrible, any analogy you make is a divine blessing sent down by Ra himself etc etc.
    I haven't even made an analogy yet so I fail to see where your conclusion comes from?

What.
    Playing your best means not to feed intentionally, not to troll, not to slack (alt-tab, message, talk, whatever) during a game, to read up on proper masteries, builds, summoner spells.

So if I heavily imply something, to the point of obviousness, then I clearly don't mean that.
    Alright. I'm gonna to that then.
    I never implied that you should play the best champion in the game every game. If I did, we wouldn't be having this "discussion".

implying:

to express or indicate by a hint; suggest what are you implying by that remark?
    This would mean that I'd done it intentionally, in which case I'd've just agreed with you on your first comment (however sarcastic it was) and be done with the arguement (or I might've gotten offended by the sarcasm, who knows).

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
    Exactly.

Deleted
    Everyone has to start somewhere, and by your logic no one should ever practice a new champion ever. That's just silly.
    I said that's what you said, not what I said. I'm trying to explain to you that the words you use say things that you don't seem to realize.

I haven't even made an analogy yet so I fail to see where your conclusion comes from?
    Just the vibe I'm getting.

Playing your best means not to feed intentionally, not to troll, not to slack (alt-tab, message, talk, whatever) during a game, to read up on proper masteries, builds, summoner spells.
    See, masteries and summoner spells are inherently not a part of in-game preparation, they happen outside of the game.
    How can masteries and summoner spells be included but not champion picks?

I never implied that you should play the best champion in the game every game.
    Yes you did.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterOfFire View Post
    And then you meet someone who plays a presently viable champion at the same level, and lose because your is outdated and worse than his.

Lemme make a point here... Why would you play AP Sion, who relies on his stun and his only defense for damage, when you can play Elise, who has two %-of-health spells, a ranged stun, a dodge/gap closer, and can build tanky items + magic penetration and still do great damage?

Why would you play Heimerdinger, whose main purpose is to push, push and push, when you can play someone like Ziggs, who does the same job just as well and has more reliable ways to deal damage?
    (Because let's face it, if people are playing so well that they can suddenly make outdated champions good, then you can pretty much hit most of Ziggs' spells for reliable damage, while Heimerdinger only has his turrets, a spell that only hits his three closest enemies and his grenade that is WAY TOO SLOW.)

Heck, why even play Poppy, with her absolutely pitiful range, who needs to drag the game until late to get good, when you can just pick Master Yi, get one item and start carrying, then just buy defensive items later if you need them because his damage is ridiculous even without many damage items?

The point isn't that the other champions can't be played well. It's about why you should handicap yourself and your team with outdated champions that have very specific conditions, when you can just play a presently viable champion who doesn't need all these conditions to be relevant?

Knock the bickering off please. If you really want to continue, please do so in tells.

first pick, bans cait, soraka and warwick, says "first time ranked", picks Vayne jungle. Has silver border in loading screen. We lose.

Fml.

Fun game.

My team's bot: Me (Cait) and a horrible Teemo
    My opponent's bot: J4 and Lee Sin

wut even hit me. J4 finished 9/0. Top lane Panth finished 10/1.

I feed on your misery! Keep em coming!

I love reading these things.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i miss pandragon

I was in an Aram just know. Was playing ahri. Had my kills stolen from me twice. First time I charmed a guy coming at me, hit him with everything I have, and lux does her ultimate to get the kill right as I was about to finish them. Second time I did the same thing. Xin Zhao jumps in and kills him. Now, to make it worse, this same guy was constantly running head first into the entire enemy team on his own to try and kill a single low hp target, just to end up dieing. He killed people on their team I think maybe three times like that and died 15times trying to kill them like that. I understand ARAM can be a bit of a cluster, but it annoys the heck out of me when here comes mister hot shot rushing in from running in circles in the back to get the killing blow on the enemy after I took out their entire HP.