Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I'm not a fan of the "meta" and a meta can quickly become inferior if you build to counter the meta...
    You shouldnt really have mana problems with Soraka, unless you spam Q for some reason. If you use Exhaust on their AD you will win a trade you wouldn´t have won otherwise, you can use it to let your AD escape. If you exhaust their AD in a teamfight in endgame, they won´t do any damage at all for long enough to kill them.

Ignite is often better than heal on ADs but it´s situational.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know how many times clarity has a group fight/lane for me? To many to count, it gives a TON of mana to everyone around you and means that you can keep pushing and stay fighting longer especially when you got soraka there launching heals off willy nilly, and it also means i don't need to get some super mana regen item and take up space from the more supporty items...

And why would i take ignite or exhaust as soraka? My job is to be support not try to kill someone, seeing as how the entirety of my team will have exhaust and ignite i highly doubt i'd need it....ever.

PS: Clarity is better then spamming your E as soraka because you can use it mid combat to give it to your entire team and can then still use your E for a silence, and it's amazing for baiting enemies into thinking you have no mana and will be an easy kill.
    So ignite and exhaust don't have supportive abilities? Healing reduction and damage reduction+slow O_O
    Clarity really is baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost a ranked while doing morde top, my team was actually wining, i was kinda fed, our mid lane was fed too, we killed the enemy team pushed 2 towers and went base, then our annie decided that we should do baron, this with the whole enemy team already respawning, despite me telling my team they'd be killed and we would have baron stolen they went in anyway, they all got killed i ran with like 50 % hp, from there it was just a damm disaster -_- hate nabs.

Deleted
    Clarity is actually really good... i use it all the time when i go soraka....
    Haha, what? If you need clarity on Soraka you're doing something badly wrong. Clarity is a waste of a summoner spell.

Deleted
    You know how many times clarity has a group fight/lane for me? To many to count, it gives a TON of mana to everyone around you and means that you can keep pushing and stay fighting longer especially when you got soraka there launching heals off willy nilly, and it also means i don't need to get some super mana regen item and take up space from the more supporty items...

And why would i take ignite or exhaust as soraka? My job is to be support not try to kill someone, seeing as how the entirety of my team will have exhaust and ignite i highly doubt i'd need it....ever.

PS: Clarity is better then spamming your E as soraka because you can use it mid combat to give it to your entire team and can then still use your E for a silence, and it's amazing for baiting enemies into thinking you have no mana and will be an easy kill.
    Every spell can be used for both defensive and offensive reasons, healing reduction aint never a bad thing when facing someone like Swain or Vlad. Exhaust aint never a bad thing, period. Normally your team wont be decked with Exhausts seeing how top either takes Ignite or Teleport (Used to be TP, why is that changed? I've been away from the scene for quite some time and just recently came back, and noticed last tourney everyone was taking Ignite instead of TP, any particular reasoning here?), mid goes Ignite, and your AD Carry takes Heal while taking the Improved Heal mastery, wich leaves you and the jungler with Exhaust. (PS: I hate not having CV no more as jungler, forces me to spamwards like a crazyperson if I wanna counterjungle.), so 2 Exhausts if both you and the jungler grabs it. If you then grab Clarity you only have 1, wich is not nearly enough.

Besides, late game Clarity is useless, you wont even feel the difference. Exhaust wont be. Clarity is only half-decent in laning phase, I say half-decent because anyone with some decent experience in managing your mana wont ever need it. And about items, all you need to grab is philo stone for mana regen, wich is mandatory for any support anyways.

In teamfights you'll use your E for silence anyways, late game the mana is barely a difference, not enough to compare with a silence anyway, wich means Exhaust > CV in a teamfight, seriously, how can you even argue CV vs Exhaust? Exhaust comes out on top in every scenario you can think of.

I cringe whenever I see someone use Clarity on my beloved Lux. QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Haha, what? If you need clarity on Soraka you're doing something badly wrong. Clarity is a waste of a summoner spell.
    I need clarity on soraka cause i hardly go back....ever...

and i didn't know about exhaust having the damage reduction until just recently, i thought it was just a snare which imo isn't worth the summoner skill spot, however now that i know it also nerfs the fuck out of their damage i'll probably take it over clarity...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Result

Just super bads in this game. Volibear and Jax at top with Ezreal and Leona at bot. Playing in mid, I was playing against a decent Fizz. However, since our Volibear isn't jungling at all, their jungling Riven pretty much makes mid a lot hard to down. While that's happening, top is getting humped by Wukong all day (especially our Jax just giving him dinner) while bot is just back to back dying. The moment I miss a few ganks on Fizz, Volibear starts saying I suck (says the guy who is feeding top like Jax).

The moment I ganked him trying to go to top, he not only dies by Wukong and Riven but proceeds to call me out for not helping him (yeah, not helping him feeding the other team). So I muted him. Then this mentally challenged Leona starts saying I'm not doing anything in team battles (can't really commit if you run off stunning 4 people grouped together while half of our group is spread out for each fight). Swiftly mute him afterwards. Then the bot-feeding Ezreal tries to make a smart remark and I mute him even quicker. For every death I have, they gain 2-4 deaths after it.

Surprisingly, we were getting towers down. But the moment they started their "you suck" campaign on me (except for Jax, but at least he sane enough to not blame me for his feeding), our mid is gone and they just gave up afterwards. I seriously question people thought process sometimes. Is complaining on one performance is that important than winning the damn game? If that's the case, then they really need to play with friends because expecting perfection while solo queue in normals is just making them look like a [insert hateful term].
    Last edited by Renwin; 2012-06-04 at 04:58 AM.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't want to explain to you, seeing as you seem to be playing in a completely different and lower skilled environment that a majority of the people here.

Mana isn't an issue past 20 minutes for pretty much any champion in the game. League is built around spaming abilities, and Runes/Items/Masteries make mana an irrelevant issue.

I used Ignite & Exhaust as vague examples of Summoner Spells that are much stronger. Why go Clarity on any caster when you can have Ignite? Why go Clarity on a support when you can pick Exhaust/Heal and do a much better job of protecting your carries/imparing the other team?

Clarity is a garbage summoner spell. You aren't going to have mana problems if you actually can hit/use your spells correctly. Why not just take teleport for quick fountain heal instead of Clarity? Teleport also brings a shit ton more uses than Clarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    I really don't want to explain to you, seeing as you seem to be playing in a completely different and lower skilled environment that a majority of the people here.

Mana isn't an issue past 20 minutes for pretty much any champion in the game. League is built around spaming abilities, and Runes/Items/Masteries make mana an irrelevant issue.

I used Ignite & Exhaust as vague examples of Summoner Spells that are much stronger. Why go Clarity on any caster when you can have Ignite? Why go Clarity on a support when you can pick Exhaust/Heal and do a much better job of protecting your carries/imparing the other team?

Clarity is a garbage summoner spell. You aren't going to have mana problems if you actually can hit/use your spells correctly. Why not just take teleport for quick fountain heal instead of Clarity? Teleport also brings a shit ton more uses than Clarity.
    because i take clarity more to give my entire team mana instead of just me?
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    because i take clarity more to give my entire team mana instead of just me?
    "Mana isn't an issue past 20 minutes for pretty much any champion in the game."

They shouldn't need it either. It's a waste of a summoner spell slot. It may be not shit early game, but it scales horribly, and who the fuck really has mana problems late game with the items & masteries available? You're gibbing yourself taking it. That's the end of it.

"Mana isn't an issue past 20 minutes for pretty much any champion in the game."

They shouldn't need it either. It's a waste of a summoner spell slot. It may be not shit early game, but it scales horribly, and who the fuck really has mana problems late game with the items & masteries available? You're gibbing yourself taking it. That's the end of it.
    this man speaks the truth. The only time clarity is useful is early game. mid to late game, you shouldn't have and most don't have mana problems.

After the early game a bit of mana most likely wont win a teamfight. A wellplaced exhaust will. For me it's quite easy waht to chose. Exhaust gives you an additional cd to protect your AD carry in lane and in teamfights, more mana wont keep the carry alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    this man speaks the truth. The only time clarity is useful is early game. mid to late game, you shouldn't have and most don't have mana problems.

After the early game a bit of mana most likely wont win a teamfight. A wellplaced exhaust will. For me it's quite easy waht to chose. Exhaust gives you an additional cd to protect your AD carry in lane and in teamfights, more mana wont keep the carry alive.
    Yes that's nice, but i don't bring clarity for the "It will win us the team fight" aspect i bring clarity for the ability to push endlessly and without mercy and go team fight after team fight after team fight without any of us having to go back.

Am i saying clarity is better then Exhaust? Not necessarily, it's better in moments for sure, but i'm not going to say one is just flat out better then the other overall, because you know what else takes the balls off of an AD carry? Healing their target with the soraka heal or dropping a shield on my entire team -_-'

Deleted
    Exhaust shuts down 1 player in a teamfight for a few seconds. This is the difference between winning and losing if you toss it onto a Trynd spinning in, or the Graves shooting you to bits from the sidelines. Before people notice they have mana again you'd be shred to pieces for not taking exhaust. But this seems a useless discussions. Your Soraka heal is probably 1, maybe 2 auto attacks from an AD carry lategame. You will have a cd, he won't.

lost 9 ranked games in a row :C:C down to 1550ish so sad but oh well hopefully i can get it back soon (plz love of god dont let me fall back to 1499) :C
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that's nice, but i don't bring clarity for the "It will win us the team fight" aspect i bring clarity for the ability to push endlessly and without mercy and go team fight after team fight after team fight without any of us having to go back.

Am i saying clarity is better then Exhaust? Not necessarily, it's better in moments for sure, but i'm not going to say one is just flat out better then the other overall, because you know what else takes the balls off of an AD carry? Healing their target with the soraka heal or dropping a shield on my entire team -_-'
    Well then if you don't bring summoners to help you win a team fight, you're going to lose them. For pushing, why not bring promote? Or teleport? The pushing you're talking about doesn't even need clarity. Mana issues are, once again, non-existent on a majority of champions after the first item or two or once they reach lvl 11.

You know what takes the balls of an AD carry? Exhausting them and reducing their damage by 70%, not giving your team mana they don't need. Clarity is bad, you don't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://lolmatches.com/match/na410322019

http://lolmatches.com/match/na410337284

Two fucking times in a row we threw easy game wins away. The second time being the most frustrating because the team decided to teamfight even after I typed in chat that I was going to B to get a QSS to counter the enemy's CC-heavy team. And yet, they blamed me for not being in the teamfight. Really? AND they had the audacity to single me (and Cait) out as the reasons why we lost that game. Yes, I know I (and pretty much everyone on our team too) did some bad things in that game that I'd rather have back, but blaming me for throwing the game outright?
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-06-04 at 08:18 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    premades, normally i hate them, but finally i get a good 4 man premade. We are winning hard, are like 20 kills ahead, got all dragons, baron and when we are killing their nexus turrets, my premade surrenders... Now i even hate premades harder -.-

The thing is, Clarity is more of an "early-game"-spell, if you want to spam your abilities a lot. But Clarity is pretty bad in comparison to things like Exhaust, Teleport and Ignite in mid/late-game, which is why picking up Clarity to be able to spam abilities is a bad practice. You should try to get used to saving your mana instead, while having summoner spells that are way more useful later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then if you don't bring summoners to help you win a team fight, you're going to lose them. For pushing, why not bring promote? Or teleport? The pushing you're talking about doesn't even need clarity. Mana issues are, once again, non-existent on a majority of champions after the first item or two or once they reach lvl 11.

You know what takes the balls of an AD carry? Exhausting them and reducing their damage by 70%, not giving your team mana they don't need. Clarity is bad, you don't need it.
    Just curious, but do people actually USE promote? I did for a few games and thought it was a pretty cool (and safe) way to push a turret, but was told it was total garbage in ranked so stopped using it.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious, but do people actually USE promote? I did for a few games and thought it was a pretty cool (and safe) way to push a turret, but was told it was total garbage in ranked so stopped using it.
    Probably because Promote does nothing for you to team fight and you can push when you've got kills or dead champs.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard