Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Being an easy read that is finished in a day is hardly an excuse for mediocre writing. :P
    I didn't say anything on the quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

People seem to think now adays that just because im not spending 5 minutes being told to go kill 10 mobs that the game has no story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It seemed from an interview with Ree that the personal story was altered only slightly based on biography choice. In videos I saw Norn, for example, basically get the same quest in their personal story regardless of biography. It seemed to be more of a way of setting all the conversation options to 'dark side', so to speak. At least that is what I saw so far.

What I am curious about is the option to play a villain. As it also seems that players are most definitely heroes at best and swashbucklers at worst.
    Could have sworn they confirmed at some point that no matter what your character was a good person in GW2.
    So you couldn't like, intentionally make bad choices.
    So instead of "Save orphanage, save hospital, or let them both burn to the ground in a fiery ball of death. Also, kill a kitten." it's just "Save Orphanage or Save Hospital."

I normally don't really care about the story as much in MMOs, but I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing major lore figures in GW2. I always thought it was cool in WoW when there would be a questline that involved a major lore character, and it seems that they will feature quite prominently in GW2, which is exciting. Looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seemed from an interview with Ree that the personal story was altered only slightly based on biography choice. In videos I saw Norn, for example, basically get the same quest in their personal story regardless of biography. It seemed to be more of a way of setting all the conversation options to 'dark side', so to speak. At least that is what I saw so far.

What I am curious about is the option to play a villain. As it also seems that players are most definitely heroes at best and swashbucklers at worst.
    We're all either Jack Sparrow (charm), Barbosa (ferocity), or Commodore Whats-his-face after like the first movie (dignity).

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    We're all either Jack Sparrow (charm), Barbosa (ferocity), or Commodore Whats-his-face after like the first movie (dignity).
    That's actually a pretty good analogy, haha. I like that!

I'm not sure what quest you're referring to for the norn, but you can see different quests right away on Yogscast's playthrough versus Curse's on a female norn. All norn defeat the ice wurm and have to aid a citizen in their home area, but their initial contact after that is different, as is the quest they get from that contact. The GW2 wiki touches on this as well. For a more detailed breakdown of how much your starter quests can change based on personal story choices, both Massively and Kill Ten Rats have gone into some depth about charred and human storylines respectively.

I don't know how evil/dark side you can be aside from choosing ferocity all the time and punching people in the face because of it. Given that you can't join the racial emnity factions, I'd wager being a bit of a bully in that sense, while still helping fight the dragons, is as far as you can go.

Deleted
    I am not sure i have seen anyone saying 'there is no story in GW2' just that because of the way the DEs work you dont get any story when out questing in the world. The personal stories seem pretty good if a little generic in places.

People think that playing on evil side is fun. SWTOR showed that very well. I guess I'm sad that I won't be getting sylvari quests with "oh, you mean feeding your babies to wolves was a bad thing? So terribly sorry" [grabs wife to take her to the wolves instead].

Is this Star Wars stuff? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Randomessa View Post
    I'm not sure what quest you're referring to for the norn, but you can see different quests right away on Yogscast's playthrough versus Curse's on a female norn. All norn defeat the ice wurm and have to aid a citizen in their home area, but their initial contact after that is different, as is the quest they get from that contact. The GW2 wiki touches on this as well. For a more detailed breakdown of how much your starter quests can change based on personal story choices, both Massively and Kill Ten Rats have gone into some depth about charred and human storylines respectively.
    I seen video of players doing that defend the yakk personal quest and collecting eggs regardless of their biography choice. I am not too sure about how that stuff works later on- could just be early quests.

What I read about the PS side of things did seem minor. Having the option to punch a guy v. sweet-talk him; but it all seemed to be described as the same instance. Just varying ways to approach the situation.

I don't know how evil/dark side you can be aside from choosing ferocity all the time and punching people in the face because of it. Given that you can't join the racial emnity factions, I'd wager being a bit of a bully in that sense, while still helping fight the dragons, is as far as you can go.
    This is not unknown to me. I am merely curious how deep they will allow for villainous choices. I.E., what if I played as a homicidal maniac as in TOR? Seems the furthest you can go in GW2 is a ruffian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this Star Wars stuff? o_O
    I hope you're kidding...

I'm not a Star Wars fan. Only saw the movies & played a few games. Not really into sci-fi too much.

I'm not a Star Wars fan. Only saw the movies & played a few games. Not really into sci-fi too much.
    Captain.. Jack.. Sparrow..
    Uugh, Fencers, it's Pirates of the Caribbean.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're apparently not into Pirate's of the Carribean either...

Well, shit. There were like Captains and stuff in Star Wars too. He said Commodore in first movie, I assumed... Star Wars. These guys;

Have not seen Pirates of the Caribbean either. I am not up on the movies you kids watch these days. I'm old.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I normally don't really care about the story as much in MMOs, but I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing major lore figures in GW2. I always thought it was cool in WoW when there would be a questline that involved a major lore character, and it seems that they will feature quite prominently in GW2, which is exciting. Looking forward to it.
    Major lore figures? You mean from the movies? Or other video games? Or books?

Im confused. What lore figures that anyone has ever heard of does guild wars have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, shit. There were like Captains and stuff in Star Wars too. He said Commodore in first movie, I assumed... Star Wars. These guys;

Have not seen Pirates of the Caribbean either. I am not up on the movies you kids watch these days. I'm old.
    The franchise (only counting the first 3, the last one sucked) has been out or atleast 3 years already... My aunts have seen them and they're pushing 60, age is no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Major lore figures? You mean from the movies? Or other video games? Or books?

Im confused. What lore figures that anyone has ever heard of does guild wars have?
    The figures...in the books...that Guild Wars fans read...

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The figures...in the books...that Guild Wars fans read...
    Isn't part of a huge franchise like some games, totally can't have lore.

The franchise (only counting the first 3, the last one sucked) has been out or atleast 3 years already... My aunts have seen them and they're pushing 60, age is no excuse.
    Well, fine. I simply never bothered to watch Pirates of the Caribbean. Thought they were children's films like Harry Potter. Avoided/no interest.