Deleted

Will GW2 support CF?

I have 1 6950 2gb card. I dont know yet how well it will run the game, but let's say it wont be enough for my requirements, should i get another 6950 or wont GW2 support CF?

anyone have any idea?

Deleted
    Nobody really knows how well GW2 will support CF or SLi. Although a 6950 should be more than enough for max on 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    ..What's CF?

but here's this lovely link if it answers your question: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx
    Using multiple GPU's(Video Cards)
    AMD - Crossfire
    Nvidia - SLI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Nobody really knows how well GW2 will support CF or SLi. Although a 6950 should be more than enough for max on 1080p.
    hope you're right im not going to buy anything until i get into beta and test how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Using multiple GPU's(Video Cards)
    AMD - Crossfire
    Nvidia - SLI
    Oh thank you. I was wondering what those Crossfire tags in my computer meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    hope you're right im not going to buy anything until i get into beta and test how it goes
    I'm not familiar with the ATI range (personal preference for nVidia), but I just looked up your card to find a comparable nVidia model so I could figure things out in my brain. Based on system requirements, and other info about the game - I think your single 6950 will easily handle things on Ultra.

That said, if you're going to prepurchase and get in on the beta weekends, it makes perfect sense to wait until being able to perform your own tests

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I have 1 6950 2gb card. I dont know yet how well it will run the game, but let's say it wont be enough for my requirements, should i get another 6950 or wont GW2 support CF?

anyone have any idea?
    Someone I know who got into the beta used a 3 monitor 2GPU setup during the beta, and he said that he had no issues whatsoever.
    So I would assume if they support eyefinity they support CF.

So yes, but you should be fine with a single 6950 so you should wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Man View Post
    I'm not familiar with the ATI range (personal preference for nVidia), but I just looked up your card to find a comparable nVidia model so I could figure things out in my brain. Based on system requirements, and other info about the game - I think your single 6950 will easily handle things on Ultra.

That said, if you're going to prepurchase and get in on the beta weekends, it makes perfect sense to wait until being able to perform your own tests
    Great idea, but OP remember the Beta is not fully Optimised yet, so keep that in mind

Expect properly working crossfire profile in drivers about 2 months after release, as per modus operandi of AMD, and either totally crippled/buggy CF "beta profile" that works worse then single card would and tends to crash every so often, or disabled CF with only one card doing rendering before that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Great idea, but OP remember the Beta is not fully Optimised yet, so keep that in mind
    yea. I really hope that im able to play ultra or maybe shadows on high or something.
    I played WoW for 2 years on like low/good and for 2 days ago i did a trail account to run around with and I, of course, could easily play it on ultra. It was a huge difference so i dont even know how i could stand low/good

Deleted
    I wouldnt get a 6950 Xfired either way, 1 6970 is better than 2x 6950's

Quote Originally Posted by Fir3line View Post
    But 1x 6950 is cheaper than 1x 6970.
    :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    But 1x 6950 is cheaper than 1x 6970.
    :P
    sell the one he already has

Sorry to necro this thread but this guy needs to stop talking about this subject..he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

1 6970 is better than 2 6950's? What hit you in the head on 4/1/2012?

I knew you were wrong the minute I saw this post..but if you would like some proof here you go:

Single 6950 vs Single 6970 - In this comparison you will see a SINGLE 6950 vs a SINGLE 6970..the 6970 is a little better ofc but not by too much..and you think by adding another 6950 that 6970 will still be better? ROFL!

CF 6950's vs Single 6970 - In this comparison you can clearly see that CF 6950's DESTROY a single 6970...

So again..please stop talking about these subjects unless you have some solid evidence and a much larger education on the matter. Your comments could make someone with EVEN LESS knowledge than you(if that's possible) make a stupid decision that would cost them over $250.

Deleted
    2x hd 6950 would own any hd6970 do some research before spurting total nonsense