Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What April Fools joke do you think Anet will pull this year?

How will they troll us this year? Will it be a ridiculous in-game feature? I just hope they don't mess around with release dates lol.

I'm scared to think about it.

I'm going to avoid looking at anything GW2 related on April Fool's day. I don't want my heart crushed. :P I'll read about it the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    A release date.

Emailing everyone that they got into the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Emailing everyone that they got into the beta.
    Ugh. I'll be so upset. Even if I know that it's a prank, it will just remind me that I didn't get in.
    April 10th isn't too far off though.
    /hopeslightlyrenewed

I have a feeling I just found the Aprils fools joke for this year... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marc...te_of_the_Game

At least...this better be a damn joke...early-mid 2013 release date?!

*edit 1* ok wtf it changed...just a second ago it said 2013

*edit 2 * ahhhh now it says 2013 again!
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-01 at 12:41 AM.

I honestly doubt it's going to be anything related to release dates or beta invites. That'd just be cruel and make them look kinda bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I have a feeling I just found the Aprils fools joke for this year... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marc...te_of_the_Game

Check the date of access foo'
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Hyped will be dead at that point really xD
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Guild Wars 2 Release Date: December 31st, 2012. Year of the Dragon, indeed.

If this isn't a joke....WHUYYYYYYYY

Two new professions? No. Bullshit. Fake.

I CANT BELIEVE IT!
    Main: Vargox (Charr Engineer)
    Guild: Asinium - ASN is always recruiting! Launch day guild will be made and invites will be sent out and recruiting will commence on release.
    We are primarily an Aussie guild but are always recruiting anyone! Send me a message in game for an invite.
    Server: Sea of Sorrows (US)

I think this might be the Wiki's April Fool's joke and not ArenaNets... but we will see

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Guild Wars 2 Release Date: December 31st, 2012. Year of the Dragon, indeed.
    Lunar calender, my dear

Ends sometime Jan/Feb

And errrrrr...I dunno if they'd be that cruel this year. Prob though.

EDI, read it. Early-mid 2013. Surely we're not going to have a pre-purchase of a year. I think I just died a little inside.

On the plus side. A player controlled elder dragon sounds increcible epic.

IF IT'S NOT ALL A MASSIVE JOKE.
    GARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-04-01 at 12:58 AM.

I'm tempted to agree that this is the Wikis April Fools - I really didn't expect ArenaNet to be playing an April Fools based on the release date, I'd have thought at this stage that something like that would be off the cards, simply due to the anguish it could potentially cause.

April 1st. Game releases today!

April fools!

Game actually releases tomorrow

Annoyed and excited at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm sure this as an April Fool's Joke (the wiki's, not ANet's) the following is amusing:

Wiki: "I believe Ree mentioned in an interview that ArenaNet has its own official wiki, where all the information about the game is stored and organized. Is it possible that this wiki will render the community-run wiki unnecessary."

Colin: "I wouldn’t be too worried about that. The official wiki itself has done an excellent job thus far, and therefore we see no need to release our wiki to the public at this time. In addition, our information storage wiki is just a place to sort our ideas. We use a complex system of shorthand—we call it Asuran, as a reference to the industrious little geniuses—on that wiki, and I doubt it would prove useful to the gaming population at large."
    I don't know about every company, but I know that Blizzard does have an internal wiki filled with information specifically for employees with the proper access permissions. A lot of the lowly GMs will get info from there. So I don't doubt that it's actually true that ANet has their own internal wiki filled with information about the workings of the game.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

"We’ll also be incorporating Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Whenever you complete specific objectives such as finishing meta-events, completing dungeons, or getting achievements, the option will be available to post the accomplishment on your live feed. Guild Wars 2 players who click the link receive chances to get awesome free stuff, including unique armor only available through social networking. Do note that these exclusive freebies are weaker than items available in-game, as well as only temporarily available."
    looooooool

10+ Year Old Account
    looooooool
    Don't laugh about that. I actually did have such apps for my WoW account with Facebook, auto-announcing every freaking achieve my characters accomplished. It got spammy, so I had to manually filter out the stuff that didn't really matter. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.