Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Pleasing a large group of people asking for instanced raiding is a waste of time? Not all the people asking for raiding want the gear grind with it you know, I know a lot of people simply want instanced large scale content because that is something they enjoy.
    Isn't there world bosses you can fight with huge amounts of people?

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Pretty sure bosses scales to retain it's difficulty, so the experience should be consistent.
    As has been stated many times, outdoor large scale events can only be made so difficult due to it being outdoor public content, the boss needing to stay immobile, and easier mechanics that need to match both the fact that the boss needs to scale, and that the boss immobile.

Thank goodness there won't be a typical gear treadmill kind of raiding in this game.There will be huge dynamic events with worldbosses that scale up if more players join. Up to numbers that are raidworthy. So this is the kind of 'boss raiding' I prefer. There is no lock out timer either.

I never cared for raiding in the traditional themepark sense, because of the boring mechanics surrounding it. Repeating raids as gear treadmill, gear requirements for entry etc. I'm glad that Arenanet is not going to use these silly mechanics.

I saw this posted on MMORPG and it seems to fit the theme of this thread.

"I would not recommend this game to you if all you wish for is the raiding you have been accustomed to. No one can give you any details regarding the difficulty because no one has reached the pinnacle of GW2's end game. However, from the details that we have gathered from all the videos and announcements, I wold boldly say that this game is not for you. I wish I could make stuff up or come up with flowery words to entice you into thinking that there is "End Game Raiding" to convince you otherwise, but that would be plain lying.

I really wish it could have catered to you somewhat as you would be missing a.. (personal bias here) good game. By the strict wow-definition, it has no raiding. No. Don't expect it. Don't hope for it. You will never find it. Not here in this game. Not in beta. Not during launch.

With that, I hope you still keep your interest with the game."

Also.......

"The progression aspect of raiding is only required for games that need to lock you into a subscription. Without that, raiding really doesn't have to be more than a large, epic fight with hundreds of people. Which is exactly what GW2 does.

Syncronzed dancing around boss abilites works with 5 man just as well as it does with 10. If you're into that sort of thing, you'll want to look into the dungeons in GW2."
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2012-04-01 at 05:11 AM.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Isn't there world bosses you can fight with huge amounts of people?
    Yes there are, I've already acknowledged their existence. They can't however, provide the same kind of experience that instanced larger scale content can for numerous reasons.

As long as there isn't a gear treadmill attached to it, I don't see what a lot of you have against raids.

Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    As long as there isn't a gear treadmill attached to it, I don't see what a lot of you have against raids.
    Logistics, I suspect. Many, and by many I mean most, can not commit to specific raid times. There is also the social factor in that raiding above easy mode is a bit scrutinizing.

Most people play games for fun. Not seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would bitch and moan about it on the forums!

Oh wait. I wouldn't. I raid in TOR too much.

I'm tired of the system but so long as the combat scheme stayed the same and there was no real gear progression then sure, I don't really mind big group instances, I just hate the treadmill that's typically included.

Now to read the OP.

Edit: After reading the OP; Fuck. That. Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Logistics, I suspect. Many, and by many I mean most, can not commit to specific raid times. There is also the social factor in that raiding above easy mode is a bit scrutinizing.

Most people play games for fun. Not seriously.
    Fun is a very subjective thing though :P

Honestly, I really don't care if GW2 doesn't have raids and I will be perfectly fine with 5 man dungeons and their explorable modes. If GW2 decided to add in raids, and did them properly though, I would have nothing against that and would welcome another different way for me to enjoy the game.

Guys. Calm. The. Hell. Down.

Seriously. I'm getting tired of closing threads because you guys jump on anyone who has a critical view of some aspect of GW2 or has a different opinion than the general consensus. Closing this because there are too many boarderline personal attacks (and a few outright ones) and a bit too much flamebaiting/trolling going on.

Please. Just be nice to each other. I'll make brownies to share with you or something.